What would you like to see at Worlds 2012: MEN..... | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What would you like to see at Worlds 2012: MEN.....

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's not even that I "wish" for him to finish 11th; it's that I like so many of the men and I don't want to see the same one person (Chan) win everything in sight. To me, that is not good for the sport and I hate that kind of predictability. I'm a fan of all 11 of these men to varying degrees.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
We have all seen what finishing 5th at the Olympics did to Chan. What monster would a Worlds 11th create? :laugh:

centerpt1

On the Ice
My wish?
Abbott
Kozuka, Verner, Takahashi
Rippon

The Reality?
Chan
Takahashi
Fernandez
Song

It's a frustrating thing that Abbott implodes or semi-implodes at Worlds every time. I enjoy his skating.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Silver: Patrick Chan
What next? Two new programs, neither choreographed by Lori Nichol. A short program to Led Zeppelin’s “Moby Dick” choreographed by Ingo Steuer and an LP to the Hero soundtrack, choreographed by David Wilson/Tom Dickson/or Kenji Miyamoto. Or “Vlatava.”

If only! Unfortunately, Chan's music catalog history has lacked such imaginative choices as the ones you have proposed. The likelihood of him skating to more worn out skating warhorses is kin to the likelihood that Joubert will skate to The Matrix for the billionth time. I would not be surprised if Patrick skated to Tosca next season with choreography once again from Lori Nichol. Actually, it's more likely that he'll choose an even more safe route as he has done in the past and repeat Aranjuez again for his LP next season. He repeated Take Five SP for 2 seasons, Phantom of the Opera LP for 2 seasons, Tango de los Exilados SP for 2 seasons, Vivaldi's Four Seasons LP for 2 seasons, and La Represion SP for 2 seasons, so he has a long history of doing this, unfortunately. :frown:

Becki

Medalist
My wish?
Abbott
Kozuka, Verner, Takahashi
Rippon

The Reality?
Chan
Takahashi
Fernandez
Song

It's a frustrating thing that Abbott implodes or semi-implodes at Worlds every time. I enjoy his skating.

After watching Fernandez skate live, I think he's over-hyped. I think he'll most likely be in top 10...but will not crack top 5.

Becki

Medalist
We have all seen what finishing 5th at the Olympics did to Chan. What monster would a Worlds 11th create? :laugh:

LOL. Tbh, I think he lucked out on his 5th place finish (shhhhh) :p 11th at Worlds after being undefeated for 15 months will create a 4 quad in LP monster out of Chan!! and who knows, he might master the Quad Axel too!!

Boeing787

On the Ice
I have a feeling that next season Patrick might have two brand new programs for the following two reasons:
1. Aranjuez is kinda overexposed particularly to Canadian audience because of 4CC which he generally skips and GPF being held in Canada.
2. He has already mentioned next season he'd spend more time in Toronto because worlds will take place in London, Ontario. That could also mean spending more time with Lori working on the two new programs. It's only reasonable to present two new programs to please the home audience.

clyte

Rinkside
I want to enjoy without controversy!

My wanting to look.

Kevin Reynolds
His reckless free program!
4S 4T 3A 4Lo 3F+3T+3Lo 2A+3T 3Lz 3 Kevin! Try it if you can do it!

Misha Ge
His daring footwork and cute smile.
His footwork affected by Daisuke is so powerful. Misha! Do it!

Brian Joubert 
Brian! beautiful quad again!

Patrick Chan
His overwhelming technique.
Patrick! If win; in perfection! Then nobody can complain.

Yuzuru Hanyu
Strength of his competitive spirit. and his cute smile.
If the result of his 3-month exercises appears, he surely gets a good evaluation. YUZU! Show the new generation's power that you say!

Takahiko Kozuka
I wish that he can express enough the choreography that David Wilson gave to him, and that he land quad two times in FP. KOZU! Don't be tense!

Daisuke Takahashi
Everybody knows. I don't have to talk about most about him. Daisuke! Attract the world!

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker

It's impossible. Don't count on it!

Last Worlds, Patrick skated two perfect programs and broke 3 records. Many still cried about Takahiko Kozuka should have won LP.;)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Bluebonnet, Chan had a major error in the long program (on his triple axel). Anyway, his win was beyond reasonable doubt (which admittedly annoys people just as much).

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Bluebonnet, Chan had a major error in the long program (on his triple axel). Anyway, his win was beyond reasonable doubt (which admittedly annoys people just as much).

You were right. He has had a step out on the landing from 3A. But it was not that much. He has had a difficult entrance and fully rotated 3A. He got 7.78 for it. "A major error" is a little too much to describe it IMO.

Last edited:

gioccia

On the Ice
1) Chan, 2) Dai 3) is open. Anyone can grab the medal. I'm sure Artur will be not lower than 7th, though.

blainechan

Match Penalty
If only! Unfortunately, Chan's music catalog history has lacked such imaginative choices as the ones you have proposed. The likelihood of him skating to more worn out skating warhorses is kin to the likelihood that Joubert will skate to The Matrix for the billionth time. I would not be surprised if Patrick skated to Tosca next season with choreography once again from Lori Nichol. Actually, it's more likely that he'll choose an even more safe route as he has done in the past and repeat Aranjuez again for his LP next season. He repeated Take Five SP for 2 seasons, Phantom of the Opera LP for 2 seasons, Tango de los Exilados SP for 2 seasons, Vivaldi's Four Seasons LP for 2 seasons, and La Represion SP for 2 seasons, so he has a long history of doing this, unfortunately. :frown:

I don't see any problem with his music choice. Whatever suits a skater's style. His is more elegant and classic, thus choosing the material so far has suit him well. Besides, Take 5 and Aranjuez are two very different type of music, one is jazz and fun, the other's more classical and subtle. Lori is one of the world's top choreo, and all her work for Chan so far have been masterpieces, so again, why change when everything's working? Besides, Lori has choreo to many top skaters, not just Chan.

blainechan

Match Penalty
Patrick Chan
His overwhelming technique.

It's Patrick Chan. No matter what, somebody WILL complain.

On other note, any chance Keven Reynold will FINALLY cut his hair? I think Chan getting 11th place is more likely than Kevin going to a barber right??? LOL

blainechan

Match Penalty

I'd not call barely stepped out a triple axel a "major" error. That's a very minor error considering he had fully rotated the axel and almost landed cleanly.

deedee1

Record Breaker
What I would like to see:

1) Clean quad(s) from Daisuke finally.
Specifically, a perfect & beautiful 4-3 in SP, please!!!

2) Brian getting on the podium in front of home crowd, and his bright smile.
If he can nail 2 quads both in SP and LP each, give him the Gold!

3) 2 brilliant performences from Jeremy, and the World medal finally.
I just love his programs the best, SP and LP combined from Men this season.

My only wish for Dai this year is, that he finally lands the quad in a big competition, something he has longed for, has been dying to get back after knee injury.

He does not necessarily win the title this year, at least for me.
Upon his announcement to stay eligilbe one year ago, I opened up my savings account at a bank in Sochi, literally. I am saving every piece of my wishes to this account, and will do so until February 2014. So no more wishes I would ask this year.
But I would not mind at all your wishes for Dai to win, as many of you already wrote here, of course. lol

Becki

Medalist
What I would like to see:

1) Clean quad(s) from Daisuke finally.
Specifically, a perfect & beautiful 4-3 in SP, please!!!

2) Brian getting on the podium in front of home crowd, and his bright smile.
If he can nail 2 quads both in SP and LP each, give him the Gold!

3) 2 brilliant performences from Jeremy, and the World medal finally.
I just love his programs the best, SP and LP combined from Men this season.

My only wish for Dai this year is, that he finally lands the quad in a big competition, something he has longed for, has been dying to get back after knee injury.

He does not necessarily win the title this year, at least for me.
Upon his announcement to stay eligilbe one year ago, I opened up my savings account at a bank in Sochi, literally. I am saving every piece of my wishes to this account, and will do so until February 2014. So no more wishes I would ask this year.
But I would not mind at all your wishes for Dai to win, as many of you already wrote here, of course. lol

Did you open a savings account so you can save up for your trip to the 2014 Olympics O__O