What would you like to see at Worlds 2012: MEN..... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What would you like to see at Worlds 2012: MEN.....

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin::biggrin: 'Pogue... I love what you want to see so much , I can hardly begin think of what I want to see. Some of your suggestions for new programs for these guys just send me off on flights of fantasy..

And I couldn't agree more with what you have to say about Dai and Patrick . I never liked the hokey storytelling in Take Five . Maybe it helped Patrick develop more outward expression..but couldn't they have done it off the ice ? But then , to have to suffer it 2 yrs. in a row has been cruel. I like Aranjuez very much , it's really the first time we've seen thoughtful exploration of the music from Patrick.

But for expressiveness , Dai has no match, currently..and he doesn't hold programs over, as a rule .. so each season is a brand new trip.

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Good ice, no injuries, every one skates his best, FAIR judging, best win that day. No rep judging. And may the gold medalist stay on his feet and truly win on every element, not just his vaunted skating skills, speed, yada yada. Chan will win, no sense wishing it won't happen. He beats everyone, good skate or 3 falls. So continue to skate clean Patrick and be a worthy, undeniable 2 time champion. Just great skating for 2-10.

Becki

Medalist
Jeremy Abbott's SP got me. It amazed me how he could do it so well on ice! I could ignore his LP of this season and look forward to seeing his new LP next season. I wish he could get on the podium just because he is better than Johnny weir and Johnny weir has had a world bronze and three US national titles.

Not to mention Jeremy has beaten Evan twice at the US Nationals, and before the Olympics too!

blainechan

Match Penalty
I would like to see Chan breaks more world records, both short and long, just to shut some people up :)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Jeremy Abbott
2. Tomas Verner
3. Javier Fernandez
4. Daisuke Takahashi
5. Takahiko Kozuka
6. Artur Gachinski
7. Brian Joubert
8. Yuzuru Hanyu
9. Michal Brezina
10. Adam Rippon
11. Patrick Chan

The medal podium is filled with 1st time medalists. USA, Japan, and Czech Republic all earn 3 spots for next year's Worlds. Long-time journey men Abbott and Verner finally fulfill their immense potential at the World Championships. In all honesty though, I wish all 11 of these men could be awarded gold medals; there is so much depth and talent in the men's event. What a treat it is to be a fan of this sport at this time in history! :love:

I've always been a believer in spreading the wealth and long-time competitors finally having their moment that teaches them that all the sacrifice and adversity and hard work was all worth it for THIS moment! I so want that to happen for Jeremy and Tomas! They are too great to never have won a World medal!

Last edited:
Jeremy a journeyman? No, no - he's a super-sensitive artiste with all the technical goods who only needs a thicker skin. To peak at the right moment would be nice too.

There was a nice article about Jeremy in the Detroit newspaper yesterday. He gives me the impression that what he really wants to do is give artistic expression, though his skating, to what he feels in his heart and soul. He says these are his two all-time favorite programs, and he just loves practicing and performing them.

Jeremy tries to talk himself up into a competitive frame of mind, but when all is said and done I think he will be happy if he skates his programs the way he wants to skate them.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jeremy a journeyman? No, no - he's a super-sensitive artiste with all the technical goods who only needs a thicker skin. To peak at the right moment would be nice too.

I agree with your assessment, but I think he is perceived to be a journeyman by the majority of people, particularly on the World Championship stage where he hasn't had the most success of his career. IMO, he is a master of his craft; I'm fully aware that not everyone sees him the same way I do though.

I'm really flabbergasted to hear this! Such a view doesn't fit the reality of his skating at all, IMO. Even before I was a fan, I never thought of him as ordinary in any way. Let's hope this weekend will open some eyes!

On another note:
I'm hoping for great skates by Dennis Ten and Misha Ge. Go, Kazhakstan and Uzbekhistan! Also Christoper Caluza (go Philippines!) and Alex Kam and Kim Min-Seok (go S. Korea!).

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I would love to see Abbott, Chan and Takahashi skate clean and their best and may the best skater win.