Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Laura Lepistö ends competitive career

lowtherlore
    It’s sad. I was keeping some hope since she seemed to be in good shape in a recent video. I wish her all the best and hope we get to see her skating again.

So sad. I was waiting for her return.... her Adiós Nonino program is one of my favorites.

Wish her next stage will be a brilliant one.

Not surprised. I predicted this a couple times. Glad she won that bronze at Worlds. Beautiful skater!

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    I'm sad to hear this because I miss her skating already, but wish her the best for all the other things in her life.

Oh, my fave Yuna pic...where u been, girl?

Custom Title
    Laura Lepisto's Story is one I will remember ~ two-time Finnish National Champion, numerous GP medals, 2009 European Champion, 2010 World Bronze Medalist, and 2010 Olympian ~ all conducted with class, maturity, dignity, and a ramrod straight back, a l-a-d-y.

You played the game your way and went out on top, a winner.

Vaya con Dios, Laura!

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Oh, my fave Yuna pic...where u been, girl?
    I've just been adjusting to the launch of my career and the working life... it's a little exhausting as I still have a lot to learn (I'm in the health field, which on top of the technical knowledge, involves knowing some things regarding the bureaucratic/political side of things too) as well as handling my finances which is a study on its own. The second season of Game of Thrones is also about to start again, which means I need to have everything organized and straightened out as much as possible before the watching of the show, the discussion of the show, the daydreaming of the show, etc. takes over!

But of course none of that stops me from peeking in every once in a while and seeing what is going on in Figure Skating now and then. I definitely wouldn't miss the World Championships, and I have this Monday off, yay!

I must admit I didn't think that Laura Lepisto would be out of competition for good and as Nadine put it, Laura's "class and dignity", her elegant carriage and clean lines were things I was looking forward to seeing again. Her competitive career is certainly impressive though so I trust she won't feel any regrets.

Custom Title
    Oh wow. This makes me a bit sad :( I really liked her skating! She had a unique presence on the ice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    I've just been adjusting to the launch of my career and the working life... it's a little exhausting as I still have a lot to learn (I'm in the health field, which on top of the technical knowledge, involves knowing some things regarding the bureaucratic/political side of things too) as well as handling my finances which is a study on its own. The second season of Game of Thrones is also about to start again, which means I need to have everything organized and straightened out as much as possible before the watching of the show, the discussion of the show, the daydreaming of the show, etc. takes over!

But of course none of that stops me from peeking in every once in a while and seeing what is going on in Figure Skating now and then. I definitely wouldn't miss the World Championships, and I have this Monday off, yay!

I must admit I didn't think that Laura Lepisto would be out of competition for good and as Nadine put it, Laura's "class and dignity", her elegant carriage and clean lines were things I was looking forward to seeing again. Her competitive career is certainly impressive though so I trust she won't feel any regrets.

Good luck in your new career!

Am I correct in saying that Lepisto is the most successful Finnish ladies' skater ever at this point? That's something to be proud of.

Medalist
    I'm so sorry for Laura. I think she is a great skater and a great european skater, that will be missing. Great results she had (even with few triples), but her free program at olympics was a masterpiece. She seems so smart and will have a great future in any area.

Sorry to hear this. At least it seems like she will continue skating in shows And maybe she will do some coaching or choreographing in the future. Finland still has young talents

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Laura Lepisto's Story is one I will remember ~ two-time Finnish National Champion, numerous GP medals, 2009 European Champion, 2010 World Bronze Medalist, and 2010 Olympian ~ all conducted with class, maturity, dignity, and a ramrod straight back, a l-a-d-y.

You played the game your way and went out on top, a winner.

Vaya con Dios, Laura!
    WOW, you put it all so well, Nadine!!! I´m feeling exactly the same...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    So sad. I was waiting for her return.... her Adiós Nonino program is one of my favorites.

Wish her next stage will be a brilliant one.
    I loved her Adios Nonino LP too. Her Olympic performance is one I could watch over and over again!

Best of luck to Laura, as well as the state of Finnish ladies skating. With such promising skaters like Laura, Kiira and Jenni Vahamaa prematurely retiring/injured, it's going to be a long, hard climb up to the top for Finland.

Custom Title
    there is life after amateur skating for Laura. Some people make it sound like she died or caught wearing navy with black. Laura has moved on and probably a wise decision considering she looks to be over taken by Russians, Americans and gulp maybe by next year a Canadian??? Oops maybe I lost it there - for a sec

I love Laura, so sad she had to retire.

I loved her Olympics LP so much and her 2009 Euro performance.
    She should have won the World bronze with her Olys LP. It's a travesty she won the bronze with a double double performance.
    Her presentations, spins, jumps (when she's on), musicality and artistry are topnotch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast