Laura Lepistö ends competitive career | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Laura Lepistö ends competitive career

Nadine

Record Breaker
Laura Lepisto's Story is one I will remember ~ two-time Finnish National Champion, numerous GP medals, 2009 European Champion, 2010 World Bronze Medalist, and 2010 Olympian ~ all conducted with class, maturity, dignity, and a ramrod straight back, a l-a-d-y. :cool:

You played the game your way and went out on top, a winner. :)

Vaya con Dios, Laura! :love:

prettykeys

Medalist
Oh, my fave Yuna pic...where u been, girl?
I've just been adjusting to the launch of my career and the working life... it's a little exhausting as I still have a lot to learn (I'm in the health field, which on top of the technical knowledge, involves knowing some things regarding the bureaucratic/political side of things too) as well as handling my finances which is a study on its own. The second season of Game of Thrones is also about to start again, which means I need to have everything organized and straightened out as much as possible before the watching of the show, the discussion of the show, the daydreaming of the show, etc. takes over! :p

But of course none of that stops me from peeking in every once in a while and seeing what is going on in Figure Skating now and then. I definitely wouldn't miss the World Championships, and I have this Monday off, yay! ;)

I must admit I didn't think that Laura Lepisto would be out of competition for good and as Nadine put it, Laura's "class and dignity", her elegant carriage and clean lines were things I was looking forward to seeing again. Her competitive career is certainly impressive though so I trust she won't feel any regrets.

Trewyn

Medalist
Oh wow. This makes me a bit sad :( I really liked her skating! She had a unique presence on the ice.

I've just been adjusting to the launch of my career and the working life... it's a little exhausting as I still have a lot to learn (I'm in the health field, which on top of the technical knowledge, involves knowing some things regarding the bureaucratic/political side of things too) as well as handling my finances which is a study on its own. The second season of Game of Thrones is also about to start again, which means I need to have everything organized and straightened out as much as possible before the watching of the show, the discussion of the show, the daydreaming of the show, etc. takes over! :p

But of course none of that stops me from peeking in every once in a while and seeing what is going on in Figure Skating now and then. I definitely wouldn't miss the World Championships, and I have this Monday off, yay! ;)

I must admit I didn't think that Laura Lepisto would be out of competition for good and as Nadine put it, Laura's "class and dignity", her elegant carriage and clean lines were things I was looking forward to seeing again. Her competitive career is certainly impressive though so I trust she won't feel any regrets.

Good luck in your new career!

Am I correct in saying that Lepisto is the most successful Finnish ladies' skater ever at this point? That's something to be proud of.

TelmoFe

Rinkside
I'm so sorry for Laura. I think she is a great skater and a great european skater, that will be missing. Great results she had (even with few triples), but her free program at olympics was a masterpiece. She seems so smart and will have a great future in any area.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Sorry to hear this. At least it seems like she will continue skating in shows :yes: And maybe she will do some coaching or choreographing in the future. Finland still has young talents :thumbsup:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Laura Lepisto's Story is one I will remember ~ two-time Finnish National Champion, numerous GP medals, 2009 European Champion, 2010 World Bronze Medalist, and 2010 Olympian ~ all conducted with class, maturity, dignity, and a ramrod straight back, a l-a-d-y. :cool:

You played the game your way and went out on top, a winner. :)

Vaya con Dios, Laura! :love:

WOW, you put it all so well, Nadine!!! I´m feeling exactly the same...

evangeline

Record Breaker
So sad. I was waiting for her return.... her Adiós Nonino program is one of my favorites.

Wish her next stage will be a brilliant one.

I loved her Adios Nonino LP too. Her Olympic performance is one I could watch over and over again!

Best of luck to Laura, as well as the state of Finnish ladies skating. With such promising skaters like Laura, Kiira and Jenni Vahamaa prematurely retiring/injured, it's going to be a long, hard climb up to the top for Finland.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
there is life after amateur skating for Laura. Some people make it sound like she died or caught wearing navy with black. Laura has moved on and probably a wise decision considering she looks to be over taken by Russians, Americans and gulp maybe by next year a Canadian??? Oops maybe I lost it there - for a sec :)

christinaskater

Medalist
I love Laura, so sad she had to retire.

I loved her Olympics LP so much and her 2009 Euro performance.
She should have won the World bronze with her Olys LP. It's a travesty she won the bronze with a double double performance.
Her presentations, spins, jumps (when she's on), musicality and artistry are topnotch.

russell30

Final Flight
I was shocked to hear of Laura's announcement to leave her competitive career, I thought she might have been wise to wait until the start of the season but Laura is right you need to be at 100% power in order to compete with the best. I felt sorry for her that she had to sit out 2 years and just wait for an outcome.

BUT Laura did very well in her short career, clean sweep of medals at Euro's and her bronze at world level, but like so many on here, her Olympic free skate was just BEAUTIFUL, i loved her reaction to her score at the end with her coach V Hortana.

Sad for Finnish skating they lost Vahamaa too early and both Poykio and Lepisto had to retire through injury and now its all on the shoulders of Kiira - who has her injury woes - hope you come back strong next year Kiira and do the nation proud.

LAURA WE WILL MISS YOU!! you were a joy to watch Good luck in your career.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
This is definitely a loss for figure skating. Laura has been lovely to watch on the ice. I wish her all the best in her future. :love:

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Laura Lepisto was a beautiful skater with a lovely, unique style and a wonderful smile. I will miss her.