Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Preliminaries

Custom Title
    I'm just excited to see skaters from Ireland, South Africa, and Puerto Rico qualify for the SP. Even if they don't have much chance of making to the LP, this is a personal best placement for all three ladies. Nice to see some new countries progressing in figure skating.

Now, go Misha Ge! And Majorov! And Nan Song!

Custom Title
    Great to see Clara Peters qualify for the short but hard to believe that she could do it without attempting any triples, I really didn't expect her to make it through. Dissapointed for Polina K but it is only the qualifying and the main thing is she qualifies hopefully she does a good short this time. What does worry me a bit is that she is behind McCorkell and Marchei on PCS, I would have expected her to beat them on that score.
    Last edited by 3T3T; 03-27-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Custom Title
    I know Clara and honestly i don't see her landing her triple considering how she was taught a leg wrap by one of her first coaches. She has worked immensely hard on her double axel this year though and its good to see her being rewarded for it this year. God knows we don't get represented well enough right now but we do have something coming our way......... *retains Ireland's secret weapon*

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishflip View Post
    I know Clara and honestly i don't see her landing her triple considering how she was taught a leg wrap by one of her first coaches. She has worked immensely hard on her double axel this year though and its good to see her being rewarded for it this year. God knows we don't get represented well enough right now but we do have something coming our way......... *retains Ireland's secret weapon*
    Thanks for the feedback, Irishflip! Her double axel is much improved than her attempts I remember seeing a few years ago. I'm glad that her hard work has paid off!

Custom Title
    I wasn't too surprised by the pairs with the Chinese easily winning. I do wonder about those rigth behind - it would suggest they might be competing with the American and Canadian foursome and I would suggest France and Britain would be one step down but those scores are precarious around the North Americans.

As for the ice dance - ho hum. It is interesting to see the rice of the pcs of IK but they are not getting the levels. They are about 8 to 9 points off a bronze medal long program and their short dance has let them down remember EUros where they were struggling with the British team. They really need to up the ante, get down with some good coaching if they want to compete for a medal.

As for ladies, nice for Jenna but it also reflects the sad state of skating that she won the prelims. Polina K was a huge disappointment and her pcs were pathetic - hard to believe she had a competitive long program at EUROS; I concur about the coaching but I don't see why Viktoria isn't at world's coaching her. Bring the baby and an assistant coach if necessary. Unless the baby was real sickly, volchkova was an athlete and many moms are not totally frail and bed ridden after giving birth.

The men are skating; Voronov PCs are low; he really is not looking good and yet there was promise at one point for him.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I don't understand why the Russians would take such a risk with Polina, given how young she is and how much is at stake. They are messing with their own medal chances next year. Bizarre.

Banned
    ^

who else would you put on Polina K's shoes ?
    Polina Shelepen ? if she isn't clean can get even lower PCS
    Biryukova is injured and has no Worlds experience also

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Sorry if I wasn't clear -- it's not sending Polina that I'm questioning, it's sending her without a coach! Polina's the bee's knees!

Banned
    ^

as far as the coaching
    I don't believe she is not accompanied by anyone
    either a substitute or assistant coach must be with Polina
    Viktoria V. should have just brought the baby, who knows he will like to be a skater too, lol

ETA: Nan Song won the Prelims

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Misha, Caluza, Majorov and the other Javi made it to the short program. Yes!!

I don't think it's true that Korobeynikova is alone. A few weeks ago, I read somewhere that while Volchkova will be with the baby, Viktor Kudriavtsev (Volchkova's former coach) will look after Polina. He seems to assist Viktoria.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    According to the article that reported that her coach gave birth to her son, it was mentioned about Polina:
    in the absence of a coach there will be the choreographer Galina Ishchenko and honored coach of Russia, Viktor Kudryavtsev

Apparently Volchkova didn't explain to the back ups how to handle Polina in competition if she made 2 major mistakes (extra combo, no credit for ChSp)

Thanks, seniorita. That's what I was looking for. It's an article from March 13 and says that Galina Ischenko (her choreographer) and Kudriavtsev will be with her at worlds.

People, please don't make the assumption automatically that she has no one and Russia does not care. Do you really Polina would not have a coach AT ALL the whole month or the federation would not send anyone with her? Or that Russia doesn't care about her since there are other girls? They're not that stupid. After all, Korobeynikova was the highest scoring Russian at euros.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ^ I searched for it as I read the last few pages here, I was pretty sure I had read that she would have a substitute of a coach, and I think Volchkova said the same at Euros, when asked about the success of Polina and her going to worlds.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast