Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What would you like to see at Worlds 2012: PAIRS...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    When have S/H done a level four triple twist? Even level three is rare. Keep in mind that we're just leaving an era where a double twist wasn't uncommon.
    S/H have only done a level 4 double twist not a triple. B/L, D/R and I/M have got a level 3 triple twist, they didn't have the arms.

Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    S/H have only done a level 4 double twist not a triple. B/L, D/R and I/M have got a level 3 triple twist, they didn't have the arms.
    Which proves my point that it is obviously a difficult level to get. No one does it. They'll be fine with a level 2, it would be great if they make it a level 3 though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Which proves my point that it is obviously a difficult level to get. No one does it. They'll be fine with a level 2, it would be great if they make it a level 3 though.
    It won't be a that hard to just add footwork. I understand he is afraid of the quad (athough Gordeeva and Grinkov did it in 1987 and Obertas and Slavnov have done it also) but both V/T have done footwork with their previous partners.

PS not buying "no one does it" skating hasn't come all this way without someone doing something first. Axel Paulsen did the first Axel jump so should men never try a double or triple Axel?

Custom Title
    Right, but you're making it sound like it's imperative for V/T to do a level four triple twist. It's not.
    Last edited by ImaginaryPogue; 03-27-2012 at 09:33 PM.

It won't be a that hard to just add footwork. I understand he is afraid of the quad (athough Gordeeva and Grinkov did it in 1987 and Obertas and Slavnov have done it also) but both V/T have done footwork with their previous partners.

PS not buying "no one does it" skating hasn't come all this way without someone doing something first. Axel Paulsen did the first Axel jump so should men never try a double or triple Axel?
    Which is why I said that I agree that they should do level 3. 4 is just unnecessary, though.

If V/T feel uncomfortable doing a twist with hands over head, then they won't do it. I infer you are saying that if no one does anything new, then pretty much figure skating won't progress. True. But that doesn't mean every female skater needs to try a 3A or quad. If the skater doesn't want to do it, then he won't do it. Not everyone is a pioneer.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Right, but you're making it sound like it's [b]imperative[/i] for V/T to do a level four triple twist. It's not.
    Wrong, you need to re-read my original post. It was ONE opinion of many about that team and others. If you have another/different opinion; fine by me.

Wrong, you need to re-read my original post. It was ONE opinion of many about that team and others. If you have another/different opinion; fine by me.
    Pogue feels that you think it is imperative not from your first post but from the other ones after it.
    ...or I think that's why Pogue says it. Sorry, if I am mistaken.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Pogue feels that you think it is imperative not from your first post but from the other ones after it.
    My stance didn't change so put your minds at ease. that was the only element that was brought up.

My stance didn't change so put your minds at ease. that was the only element that was brought up.
    That is fine with me. Everyone has their own opinion.

Custom Title
    I was so shocked to see Pairs SP last night, and devastated by 11th finish by Yuko & Sasha...

Mistake after mistake...by all European top teams, starting from Yuko and Sasha. What an awful fall, so dangerous! then more falls by 2 Russian teams...What wrong with them???
    I did not read 29 pages thread, but I wonder something was wrong with the ice, maybe?

At this point of competition, what I would like to see is they can regroup themselves somehow in time for LP and skate their best.

While SP overall last night was disappointing, I was excited for the teams I rooted for did great.

Narumi & Mervin:
    Great job! So proud of you both! For landing that triple finally, loved your guts Narumi, such a warrior you are!
    Skating last in LP must be too nerve-recking to you both, I guess, but donot hesitate, this is not your last cometition, not the only opportunity for a possible medal. You have plenty of opportunities ahead of you, so donot be afraid of making mistakes. Just go for it. Ganbare~!

Berton & Hotarek:
    Clean skate, well done!
    I love their programs every year. It's not ordinary element-after-element 'boring' pair program, you know. Good luck to them, for one more clean skate in the free!

Pang & Tong:
    They are my No.1 team I like, out of all the Chinese pairs both past and current.
    Looked to me they skated cautious and slower than usual. But I think they did great, considering they were gone for a full year. I would like to see they get on the podium once again before they retire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2