Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: pairs sp

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    I agree, they said shortly after euros she was fine and she did a few good 3ATh in Nice already. She has said they have won enough golds at worlds and now want to break records with difficulty, they want to be the first pair to land a 3ATh at an international competiton. An honestly even if she falls, if they nail the free that should be enough for a medal.
    i agree 100%

i don t know if they can do the 3ATh clean in the sp.... but i would be sooo proud of them if they gonna try it

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    I agree, they said shortly after euros she was fine and she did a few good 3ATh in Nice already. She has said they have won enough golds at worlds and now want to break records with difficulty, they want to be the first pair to land a 3ATh at an international competiton. An honestly even if she falls, if they nail the free that should be enough for a medal.
    I thought Inoue/Baldwin landed the first 3ATh. They landed it at the 2006 Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I thought Inoue/Baldwin landed the first 3ATh. They landed it at the 2006 Olympics.

mmhhh i only remind that they landed the first 3ATh @ nationals 200???

but @ an international event??? sry...

Quote Originally Posted by paircheck View Post
    mmhhh i only remind that they landed the first 3ATh @ nationals 200???

but @ an international event??? sry...
    UH, YEAH. 2006 OLYMPICS????????????????????? Inoue/Baldwin were the first not only to do it an international comp but also at olympics. It was in the sp. Go look.

Custom Title
    Inoue and Baldwin are the first to do the throw 3A at both Olympics (in the SP) and Worlds (in the LP) both in 2006. Rena did reach for the ice on the landing at Worlds, but really close inspection of replay showed that she did not touch down IIRC. They got a slightly negative GOE for the element but full base value for the element. I/B placed 4th at 2006 Worlds largely due to the fact that John landed his 3T for once and Rena landed the throw 3A. They were 3rd in the LP. Still the highest placement at worlds for a US pair in the last nine years since Ina and Zimmerman's 2002 bronze.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._FS_scores.pdf

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Anyone heard from Seniorita lately? I'm hoping she's on the scene and can report. I can't wait to hear from everyone who's there!

Oh—and go go go, Aliona and Robin!
    Oh no, I ll watch from tv, couldnt afford Nice. But I m excited too!Treywn is there, Im sure she will have many stories to report

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I'm only saying what got said

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    But on the West Coast, I'm afraid that would be 4 am.

Thanks for this info., Spun Silver, would loooooooooooove to watch this, but that's awfully early here on the West Coast. :(

Quote Originally Posted by jcoates View Post
    Inoue and Baldwin are the first to do the throw 3A at both Olympics (in the SP) and Worlds (in the LP) both in 2006. Rena did reach for the ice on the landing at Worlds, but really close inspection of replay showed that she did not touch down IIRC. They got a slightly negative GOE for the element but full base value for the element. I/B placed 4th at 2006 Worlds largely due to the fact that John landed his 3T for once and Rena landed the throw 3A. They were 3rd in the LP. Still the highest placement at worlds for a US pair in the last nine years since Ina and Zimmerman's 2002 bronze.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._FS_scores.pdf

Their throw 3axel was superb! I soooo wanted them to go to the 2010 Olympics, after having skated superbly at Nationals that year, and also Rena landing that FAB throw 3A!

By the way, thanks for the info. about their being the highest placing American Pairs Team in 9 years, didn't know that, thanks again!

Custom Title
    And they had the HIGHEST TES at 2006 Worlds LP, too. Ina and John are special.
    It's annoying that S/S think they would be the first to land a 3A at an international competition. Learn your own sport history!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I read an article in German (http://www.taz.de/Eiskunstlauf-WM-in-Nizza/!90220/) about Aliona and Robin and apparently they are not in top shape, even Steuer talked about simply medalling being good enough this time. I hope they still manage to do well. It will be an exciting competition.
    Oh no! I too hope they will manage to do well, the #1 thing I would like to see in the pairs discipline this year is a perfectly clean performance of their masterpiece LP Pina. For everything else, let the chips fall where they may.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    And they had the HIGHEST TES at 2006 Worlds LP, too. Ina and John are special.
    It's annoying that S/S think they would be the first to land a 3A at an international competition. Learn your own sport history!
    In her defense, if they do land one and medal at worlds; they would be the first to medal (possible win gold) with one, so she she is correct. Maybe that's what she meant and it got lost in translation. I wouldn't get too upset about it especially if they don't even try it.

Custom Title
    Excited to see the last two flights. Let the strongest couple win! The competition is giong to be tough!)))

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    But on the West Coast, I'm afraid that would be 4 am.
    3am here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    By the way, thanks for the info. about their being the highest placing American Pairs Team in 9 years, didn't know that, thanks again!
    Odd bit of trivia: US pairs have had their highest pairs placement of each of the last four Olympic cycles at the post Olympics World Championship. I mention this with full knowledge of the fact that those WCs were almost always weaker fields.

1998-Meno and Sand 2nd
    2002-Ina and Zimmerman 3rd
    2006-Inoue and Baldwin 4th
    2010-Denney and Barrett 7th

Prior to that American pairs had routinely had their best showings in each Olympic cycle in non Olympic years going back to 1980

1979-Babilonia and Gardner 1st (7th in 1980;Carruthers)
    1982- Carruthers 3rd (10th in 1984; Miller and Fauver)
    1987-Watson and Oppegard 3rd (4th in 1988; Wachsman and Waggoner)
    1991-Kuchiki and Sand 3rd (7th in 1992; Urbanski and Marval)
    1993-Meno and Sand 5th (6th in 1994; Meno and Sand)

Custom Title
    Hmmm, interesting statistics, thanks for that jcoates.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast