pairs sp | Page 9 | Golden Skate

pairs sp

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It was a beautiful lift but he lost his balance with Yuko still in his arms during the exit. She fell on him.

jcoates

Medalist
It looked like Yuko was slightly ahead of Sasha in exiting the lift and he got slightly backward on his heel. The combination of the two just seemed to pull him down and she crashed on top of him. A freak accident to my eye.

tulosai

Record Breaker
OMG. Wow. Another fall. Far from B/L's best anyway. Their placement will be interesting.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
This is ridiculous. B/L both fell on their ending pose. Russian couples are doomed tonight. Come on V/T! Break the jinx!

Nadine

Record Breaker
I honestly haven't liked any of the Russian Pairs since the 90's; this generation is blah. :p And not just them, they're all soul-less, robots, automons.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Another Russian freak fall. At least they had finished their program. Similar to Sale/Pelltier's fall on ending pose.

1 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN JPN 65.37
2 Caydee DENNEY / John COUGHLIN USA 62.48
3 Mary Beth MARLEY / Rockne BRUBAKER USA 59.62
4 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV RUS 59.59
5 Jessica DUBE / Sebastien WOLFE CAN 55.83
6 Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA 50.51
7 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA 49.07
8 Maylin HAUSCH / Daniel WENDE GER 48.48
9 Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE GER 47.91
10 Danielle MONTALBANO / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR 44.69
11 Anais MORAND / Timothy LEEMANN SUI 44.59
12 Stacey KEMP / David KING GBR 39.33
13 Ji Hyang RI / Won Hyok THAE PRK 36.23

skatinginbc

Medalist
What's going on with the Russian teams, falling at the most unexpected places? Alexander SMIRNOV is sexy. He has Daisuke-like dancing quality.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I would have B/L in front of K/S...I'm not sure by how much.
No penalty. Hmmm...

I guess it was deemed that the fall was after the music/program had stopped. It was the corect call in my opinion. They hit the pose, he wobbled, the music stopped, he went down.