pairs sp | Page 18 | Golden Skate

pairs sp

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
in a way, this is very unpredictable and a lot of spoilers
T/T in top 3 , D/R and B/L in top 6
but those margin of errors from no. 3 down can be shaken in the LP
silver and bronze you never know

That's what I like to see in LP. Top 6, anyone can get onto podium or crash trying it. S/S will have no trouble breezing into their 4th title. Don't think P/T can catch up technically wise, but if S/S will attempt 3AThw again, you never know. Will they play safe or go for it again?? ^^

Dramahkween

On the Ice
Tango Assasins by Mr. & Mrs. Smith, and they do resemble Angelina & Brad a tad bit. :)

My favorite part was their pair spin....fast, centered, perfect....but they only did a 2twist and I think only 2salchows? But their throw 3R jump was superb! :cool:

Nope, they do all triples...It's a 3S and 3L but the 3S was out of synch :-(

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The problem is that Nadine is constantly viciously bashing skaters she doesn't like and she seems to hate the majority so she poisons any thread she posts in. Her comments about skaters looking "old" or being like robots are completely out of line.

she called Julia Lipnitskaya a ferret :biggrin:
don't know if it was meant as a compliment or an insult
but I think its was cute

Art&Sport

Medalist
Seriously. But she also called Volosozhar an old lady, so take it with a grain of salt. :laugh: Anyway, I am incredibly impressed S/S went for that throw triple axel and stood it up. She's had enough crashes on it this yr that could have easily discouraged them, but they really have GUTS. Love that.

Impressive to see Pang/Tong doing well after taking time off.

P/T were quite good yes, not perfect, but not rusty-looking either. How did I not see that S/S landed a 3-axel, no matter the double-foot, they got it to stand up!! That's great. Hope they are even stronger and more spot-on perfect in the fp, which is just so wonderful in all aspects.

gold12345

Medalist
K/S are pretty buried in the standings, but they could definitely rocket towards the top with their usual long program quality. It's not over yet for them.

cassiem

On the Ice
I would love for T/T to hang on for a medal but I'm not getting my hopes up. I liked them, B/L, P/T and S/S the most.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I will not watch short dance today
pairs was enough, I am depressed now maybe free dance, lol

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If this SP is any indication of how this World Championship is going to proceed, then we are in for a very wild and unpredictable ride. I am shocked and speechless over these results! :eek:

I am very happy for Takahashi/Tran though; it appears that they stole the show in the SP. Good for them! :love:

Last edited:
I notice that D/C got only a level 1 death spiral - all the other top teams had level 4 (eta: except B/L with level 3; not counting V/T with their freak fall, and I missed M/B - did sthg go wrong with theirs?). Why? I noticed the poor position but anything else? They could have been in 5th with a level 4.

If this SP is any indication of how this World Championship is going to proceed, then we are in for a very wild and unpredictable ride. I am shocked and speechless over these results! :eek:

I am very happy for Takahashi/Tran though; it appears that they stole the show in the SP. Good for them! :love:

IKR? (To quote Mathman.) I'm delighted about T/T too. If only they can keep it up!

Last edited:

age20

Rinkside
however the placement is actually in line with the competitors' performance, you can't complain on that.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The Russians had their special ice at last Worlds that really helped some skaters. The French have their own special ice. They tried it at TEB and are serving it up again. I wonder if it works like smart bombs that have precise targets.

age20

Rinkside
I am very happy for Takahashi/Tran though; it appears that they stole the show in the SP. Good for them! :love:[/QUOTE]

I love their pure skate... however I had a bad feeling...based on their past performances on the long pros.:bang:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
The Russians had their special ice at last Worlds that really helped some skaters. The French have their own special ice. They tried it at TEB and are serving it up again.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
You are right but I hope they won't repeat the same mistake tomorrow on the spiral, as they did at TEB with their twist

cassiem

On the Ice
The Russians had their special ice at last Worlds that really helped some skaters. The French have their own special ice. They tried it at TEB and are serving it up again. I wonder if it works like smart bombs that have precise targets.
Are you implying they did something sneaky by triple purifying the ice? :laugh:

nylynnr

On the Ice
Spun Silver - there are features for the death spiral necessary to get higher levels -- one is that the ladies' head must be below her knee, the man must stay in a low pivot thoughout the rotations, etc. Denney and Coughlin have been getting Level 1 all season. It hurts them in international competition.