pairs sp | Page 19 | Golden Skate

pairs sp

Tesla

Final Flight
Spun Silver - there are features for the death spiral necessary to get higher levels -- one is that the ladies' head must be below her knee, the man must stay in a low pivot thoughout the rotations, etc. Denney and Coughlin have been getting Level 1 all season. It hurts them in international competition.

Why don't they fix that?

Spun Silver - there are features for the death spiral necessary to get higher levels -- one is that the ladies' head must be below her knee, the man must stay in a low pivot thoughout the rotations, etc. Denney and Coughlin have been getting Level 1 all season. It hurts them in international competition.
Thank you. It seems the judges are not wild about them, anyway, but that doesn't help. For the poster who asked why they don't fix it ... I'd have to check their separate protocols when they were paired up with other skaters, but I would think they could do better. But as a new team, they have a long list of improvements to make. They haven't even been together a year yet.

How exciting that T/T will skate last. I hope they are up to it! :thumbsup:

nylynnr

On the Ice
Why don't they fix that?

Certainly, I believe they are working on it, but IMO the death spiral is a far more difficult element than is generally believed. That is one of the great things about IJS, you can clearly see the elements you need to target for improvement.

seniorita

Record Breaker
V/T in 8th and K/S in 11th, thats so strange to see. How with just one fall you end up so low..And their pcs are not very good. :(
At least I am happy for S/S, I think they will win! :yay:

Tesla

Final Flight
Certainly, I believe they are working on it, but IMO the death spiral is a far more difficult element than is generally believed. That is one of the great things about IJS, you can clearly see the elements you need to target for improvement.

Thanks. :)

nylynnr

On the Ice
V/T in 8th and K/S in 11th, thats so strange to see. How with just one fall you end up so low..And their pcs are not very good. :(

Well, each pair got hit for two falls, plus V/T had a problem on the throw. I'm thinking the disruptive double falls hurt their PCS on a few criteria -- I am rather impressed with this judging panel, in that the Russians' falls did hurt their PCS.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Well, I may as well throw every prediction I made into the trash. :D Didn't expect that. I'm thrilled for the Germans, as I was hoping they would win, and I love P/T as well. It's a shame for the Russians, but I guess given the fact that it's such a new partnership the nerves were bound to get them eventually. They could still move up. I'm so surprised about Takahashi/Tran, who are an absolutely stunning team. I'm really happy that they were able to adress some of their technical issues. And a really good for Duhamel/Radford to end up 5th, just a couple of points behind the Japanese. It's still anyones game for bronze.

paircheck

Final Flight
:biggrin:

i wishes for the LP

S/S are skating a lovely pina program ... with a 3Ath... ingo said they havn t trained the 3FlipTh
D/R skate like nationals and medal too
T/T + B/H skate like today

Sui/Han do not medal

V/T + K/S skate without falls ...

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Well, at least it seems that Pairs still remains the most more or less objectively judged FS event. You fall- you get yours for that.

herios

Medalist
At least I am happy for S/S, I think they will win! :yay:

K/S had a level 2 on the twist as well as DS also. Too many poor elements.

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
Well, at least it seems that Pairs still remains the most more or less objectively judged FS event. You fall- you get yours for that.

Not necessarily. The big favourites faltered, while the "newbies" rose to the occation. ;) It's incredibly tight. The free skate is going to be interesting! :hb:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
What a bizarre competition, none of the top teams really delivered. Very disappointing for the Russians, was really enjoying K/S then they fell and don't even make the top 10. I like V/T but not a huge fan of their short, a fall on the death spiral and the throw was weird she seemed to delay for ages not sure what they were doing. Enjoyed B/L, the music suits there style, she is one tough competitor the look she gave him at the end!

I really like T/T but I think she is very unreliable on the sbs and throws but today she nailed everything definitely my favourite performance, hopefully they can handle the pressure of skating last. I thought the Canadians were overmarked in 5th but it does show if you load in the technichal elements you will do well. D/C did skate lights out but while everything was great technically it felt empty and flat just going from element to element.

S/S and P/T were not at their best but probably done enought to be first and second. Not a huge fan of S/H but they weren't marked as high as I would have expected, they are quick to the point that they seem to be rushing through everything. It probably is a battle now for bronze, I could easily see V/T pulling up from 8points. I will be disappointed if K/S do not get a medal with their Clare de lune but they are to far back to reach the podium.

Watched the highlights on Eurosport, they showed the last 11 couples, everyone for D/C onwards which wasn't to bad. Good commentary from Chris and Simon

lavender

Record Breaker
Well unless it's some kind of fluke which imo mainly happens for the ladies of past the top skaters will probably shoot up the standings after the long. The long programusually (not always) shows who the top skaters are.

I just checked in to see how everyone was doing. How wonderful to find two of my favorite pairs, S/S and P/T, in such good positions. But I feel terrible for Kavaguti/Smirnov. Do I gather that the fall might have been due to a rut in the ice? That's awful, and it could have been dangerous in addition.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight

Ture. I think also the fact that you have two skaters on ice, make it any mistake twice as obvious as say single skater. But I think all the placement are pretty fair. V/T can still come back in FS if they skate like GPF, and def bronze is not out of reach.

mousepotato

On the Ice
WHAT HAPPENED! That was a very strange event. I wonder if all the Russian men had too many drinks last night. Actually Smirnov and Trankov said something about the ice. They just sipped right out and I'm soooooo happy B/L weren’t hit with a two point deduction, they were very lucky they're music was over. The one good thing is K/S and V/T are less that 5.79 and 4.90 points away from a medal respectively. And if you look at the teams ahead of them, they are not the most consistent, nor are they the best teams. So either can get a medal depending on how they skate.

K/S looked really good except for that fall, if he didn't fall they would have easily been in 4th or 5th but I bet he's not 100% yet. V/T I think wanted it too much and didn't look right from the start the only element that looked good were the SBS 3T.

I loved D/C, T/T and S/S's 3ATh!