Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: pairs sp

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    she called Julia Lipnitskaya a ferret
    don't know if it was meant as a compliment or an insult
    but I think its was cute
    Definitely an insult given her comments about Julia's flexibility.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    K/S are pretty buried in the standings, but they could definitely rocket towards the top with their usual long program quality. It's not over yet for them.
    but gold even a podium is out of reach maybe top 4 overall

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    in a way, this is very unpredictable and a lot of spoilers
    T/T in top 3 , D/R and B/L in top 6
    but those margin of errors from no. 3 down can be shaken in the LP
    silver and bronze you never know
    totally agree

Custom Title
    I would love for T/T to hang on for a medal but I'm not getting my hopes up. I liked them, B/L, P/T and S/S the most.

Banned
    I will not watch short dance today
    pairs was enough, I am depressed now maybe free dance, lol

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    If this SP is any indication of how this World Championship is going to proceed, then we are in for a very wild and unpredictable ride. I am shocked and speechless over these results!

I am very happy for Takahashi/Tran though; it appears that they stole the show in the SP. Good for them!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 03-28-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    I notice that D/C got only a level 1 death spiral - all the other top teams had level 4 (eta: except B/L with level 3; not counting V/T with their freak fall, and I missed M/B - did sthg go wrong with theirs?). Why? I noticed the poor position but anything else? They could have been in 5th with a level 4.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    If this SP is any indication of how this World Championship is going to proceed, then we are in for a very wild and unpredictable ride. I am shocked and speechless over these results!

I am very happy for Takahashi/Tran though; it appears that they stole the show in the SP. Good for them!
    IKR? (To quote Mathman.) I'm delighted about T/T too. If only they can keep it up!
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 03-28-2012 at 09:52 AM.

On the Ice
    however the placement is actually in line with the competitors' performance, you can't complain on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post

Custom Title
    The Russians had their special ice at last Worlds that really helped some skaters. The French have their own special ice. They tried it at TEB and are serving it up again. I wonder if it works like smart bombs that have precise targets.

On the Ice
    I am very happy for Takahashi/Tran though; it appears that they stole the show in the SP. Good for them! [/QUOTE]

I love their pure skate... however I had a bad feeling...based on their past performances on the long pros.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    The Russians had their special ice at last Worlds that really helped some skaters. The French have their own special ice. They tried it at TEB and are serving it up again.

You are right but I hope they won't repeat the same mistake tomorrow on the spiral, as they did at TEB with their twist

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    The Russians had their special ice at last Worlds that really helped some skaters. The French have their own special ice. They tried it at TEB and are serving it up again. I wonder if it works like smart bombs that have precise targets.
    Are you implying they did something sneaky by triple purifying the ice?

Custom Title
    Spun Silver - there are features for the death spiral necessary to get higher levels -- one is that the ladies' head must be below her knee, the man must stay in a low pivot thoughout the rotations, etc. Denney and Coughlin have been getting Level 1 all season. It hurts them in international competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiem View Post
    Are you implying they did something sneaky by triple purifying the ice?
    Well, they grouped the Russians together so they could time the ice jinx release.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast