Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 443

Thread: pairs sp

  1. #376
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,152
    Well unless it's some kind of fluke which imo mainly happens for the ladies of past the top skaters will probably shoot up the standings after the long. The long programusually (not always) shows who the top skaters are.

  2. #377
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    313
    everything iss soo close ... i am sooo excited about the LP on friday

  3. #378
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    I just checked in to see how everyone was doing. How wonderful to find two of my favorite pairs, S/S and P/T, in such good positions. But I feel terrible for Kavaguti/Smirnov. Do I gather that the fall might have been due to a rut in the ice? That's awful, and it could have been dangerous in addition.

  4. #379
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Well, at least it seems that Pairs still remains the most more or less objectively judged FS event. You fall- you get yours for that.
    Ture. I think also the fact that you have two skaters on ice, make it any mistake twice as obvious as say single skater. But I think all the placement are pretty fair. V/T can still come back in FS if they skate like GPF, and def bronze is not out of reach.

  5. #380
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    391
    WHAT HAPPENED! That was a very strange event. I wonder if all the Russian men had too many drinks last night. Actually Smirnov and Trankov said something about the ice. They just sipped right out and I'm soooooo happy B/L weren’t hit with a two point deduction, they were very lucky they're music was over. The one good thing is K/S and V/T are less that 5.79 and 4.90 points away from a medal respectively. And if you look at the teams ahead of them, they are not the most consistent, nor are they the best teams. So either can get a medal depending on how they skate.

    K/S looked really good except for that fall, if he didn't fall they would have easily been in 4th or 5th but I bet he's not 100% yet. V/T I think wanted it too much and didn't look right from the start the only element that looked good were the SBS 3T.

    I loved D/C, T/T and S/S's 3ATh!

  6. #381
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,751
    I think fair judging would put T/T first. They have more unison, more transitions than both the top 2 teams. PCS, if judged correctly, would put them first on CH, IN, PE, TR. S/S have better SS. That's it.
    If T/T are more consistent, they are definitely in the hunt for medals.

    I saw D/C live, and I think their score don't reflect what they did. They should be 2 points above what they got.

    I'm impressed that S/S went for the 3ATh knowing what V/T and K/S did. That mentality will serve them well.

    Saw the protocol for K/S, even without that freak fall (no idea what happened, it looked like she's about to exit the lift and then both just collapsed), they still couldn't manage to make top 3. Really unfortunate. Maybe their time has passed. A few years ago, they were always 2nd or 3rd after the SP.

  7. #382
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,045
    Pairs Short Judging panel as seated today: JPN, FRA, USA, ITA, GER, GBR, CAN, AUT, BLR Tech Panel - Ref: SUI, TC FIN, TS USA, ATS FRA Same Panel for Free but seated differently

  8. #383
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I think fair judging would put T/T first. They have more unison, more transitions than both the top 2 teams. PCS, if judged correctly, would put them first on CH, IN, PE, TR. S/S have better SS. That's it.
    If T/T are more consistent, they are definitely in the hunt for medals.

    I saw D/C live, and I think their score don't reflect what they did. They should be 2 points above what they got.

    I'm impressed that S/S went for the 3ATh knowing what V/T and K/S did. That mentality will serve them well.

    Saw the protocol for K/S, even without that freak fall (no idea what happened, it looked like she's about to exit the lift and then both just collapsed), they still couldn't manage to make top 3. Really unfortunate. Maybe their time has passed. A few years ago, they were always 2nd or 3rd after the SP.
    T/T and even D/C just aren't up to the level of teams to have been together for over 10 years, it just isn't going to happen. I saw D/C at nationals and even though they landed all their elements and her positions are improving, his aren't and they are still very scratchy. Narumi still skates very stiff and the short program choreography hides that but it's still there. They did a great job for 2 1/2 minutes but can they last in the free?

    K/S exited the lift the way they were supposed to but if you look at his left skate it slipped right out from under him, he said the ice was fresh and hadn't been skated on. That's just as bad as skating in a rut, it happens, he has to be the strongest men in pairs (I have many pics ) and unless he was hurting he just doesn't dump a lift. This is not Yuko’s favorite short and certainly not up to part with 'The Swan' (2nd place in 09-10) or Rondo Capriccioso (4th in 08 and 3rd in 09) but I would hardly say their time has passed.

    K/S lowest free skate score this is 122.29, T/T highest is only 114.20. So with only 5.79 separating them, I wouldn't count anyone out.

  9. #384
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,004
    Error in judging?
    In the protocols, Sui and Han got a +1 on their GOE for their level 4 footwork, but only .7 was added to the base value of the element. According to the 1611 document, +1 GOE on level 4 footwork gives 1.0 bonus points.

  10. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Error in judging?
    In the protocols, Sui and Han got a +1 on their GOE for their level 4 footwork, but only .7 was added to the base value of the element. According to the 1611 document, +1 GOE on level 4 footwork gives 1.0 bonus points.
    They will get 1 point extra in GOE if all judges give +1. I guess some gave them 0?

  11. #386
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,208
    Videos are up on Youtube! This user has a bunch of the pairs' SPs in decent quality: http://www.youtube.com/user/DeserveGold

  12. #387
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    This is not Yuko’s favorite short and certainly not up to part with 'The Swan' (2nd place in 09-10) or Rondo Capriccioso (4th in 08 and 3rd in 09) but I would hardly say their time has passed.
    The pattern in the past was that they had a strong SP which put them in the last group for LP. This way they moved up the ladder very quickly in their career. The music they used for SPs suited them as well. In the last 2 years their choice of music has changed, not necessarily to their advantage. Though commentators praised them for experimenting, the results didn't follow. It is now hard to believe that at Vancouver K/S were only 2 points behind S/Z after SP. I am very upset about the way their career has gone. Since their debut in 2006 they've only had 3 complete seasons out of 6. I wouldn't like to write them off, but I fear they are running out of steam.

  13. #388
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,004
    I personally agreed with most of the results. When I judged for myself, I had

    Savchenko and Szolkowy with 66.8
    Takahashi and Tran with 66.0
    Pang and Tong with 65.6
    Bazarova and Larionov with 65.3

    I disagreed with Duhamel and Radford's score and thought they should have placed much lower, I had Denney and Coughlin above Sui and Han, I had berton and Hojtarek above V/T

  14. #389
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFigures View Post
    They will get 1 point extra in GOE if all judges give +1. I guess some gave them 0?
    There was one zero and one two
    I didn't check to see if it was the case with everyone else either.

  15. #390
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    Pairs Short Judging panel as seated today: JPN, FRA, USA, ITA, GER, GBR, CAN, AUT, BLR Tech Panel - Ref: SUI, TC FIN, TS USA, ATS FRA Same Panel for Free but seated differently
    Why would there be judges from JPN, USA(1+), GER, CAN when they have top skaters and no RUS judge? I can feel the stricker treatment to russian teams here.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •