Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: pairs sp

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Videos are up on Youtube! This user has a bunch of the pairs' SPs in decent quality: http://www.youtube.com/user/DeserveGold
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCampo View Post
    The pattern in the past was that they had a strong SP which put them in the last group for LP. This way they moved up the ladder very quickly in their career. The music they used for SPs suited them as well. In the last 2 years their choice of music has changed, not necessarily to their advantage. Though commentators praised them for experimenting, the results didn't follow. It is now hard to believe that at Vancouver K/S were only 2 points behind S/Z after SP. I am very upset about the way their career has gone. Since their debut in 2006 they've only had 3 complete seasons out of 6. I wouldn't like to write them off, but I fear they are running out of steam.
    They were 2.50 pts behind S/Z but anyway

Their first year they only had 3 competitions

Then 3 full seasons 08-09-10

Then they both had surgery, her on her dislocated shoulder and he on his groin (which Trankov also had-so it’s not uncommon) and they only had 4 competitions that year (2010-2011) and they medaled 3 out 4, they took 4th at Worlds last year.

This year they won gold twice, one silver and one bronze, missed nationals because his knee was sore. And while they were practicing for Euros his appendix burst. Can’t exactly fault him for that. And if not for this freak fall they would be right up there, their high this year was 65.17, and like I said the free isn’t over. They have one of the highest free skate score and programs in the world.

Don't forget at NHK they were 5th and managed to win. Being 5.79 points out of a medal will be a challange they can accept.

Waaaaayyyy to early to count them out, they have only been together since 2006. S/H have been together since 2007.

Custom Title
    Takahashi and Tran were just lovely!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Error in judging?
    In the protocols, Sui and Han got a +1 on their GOE for their level 4 footwork, but only .7 was added to the base value of the element. According to the 1611 document, +1 GOE on level 4 footwork gives 1.0 bonus points.
    If it were an error, it would be an error in scoring (accounting/programming error), not an error by the judges.

However, it is correct. There was a change made to the scale of values in ISU Communication No. 1672 -- which unfortunately is not easily available on the ISU website at present. According to those changes in the scale of values, the values of the positive GOEs for level 4 and choreo sequences are 0.7 for +1, 1.4 for +2, 2.1 for +3.

For example, in the pairs protocols today you can see that Savchenko/Szolkowy and Pang/Tong have five 2s and four 1s (or four and three, respectively, after trimming) for their level 4 step sequences, but their GOE for that element is 1.10. If the GOE values were still 1.0 for +1 and 2.0 for +2, then their average GOE would have been 1.43, not 1.10.

Custom Title
    S/S's 3ATh got mostly -2 GOE, and then there are some judges who gave them +1. Need transparency in judging. Those who gave inexplicable scores should be fine AND banned.

T/T and even D/C just aren't up to the level of teams to have been together for over 10 years, it just isn't going to happen. I saw D/C at nationals and even though they landed all their elements and her positions are improving, his aren't and they are still very scratchy. Narumi still skates very stiff and the short program choreography hides that but it's still there. They did a great job for 2 1/2 minutes but can they last in the free?
    D/C aren't up to the level of the top teams, but T/T are better. P/T after 20 years still don't have the unison and the lightness of T/T. They should be scored for 2 1/2 minutes, yes? What they put out should place them first. What part of PCS do you think S/S and P/T are truly better than T/T?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    S/S's 3ATh got mostly -2 GOE, and then there are some judges who gave them +1. Need transparency in judging. Those who gave inexplicable scores should be fine AND banned.

D/C aren't up to the level of the top teams, but T/T are better. P/T after 20 years still don't have the unison and the lightness of T/T. They should be scored for 2 1/2 minutes, yes? What they put out should place them first. What part of PCS do you think S/S and P/T are truly better than T/T?
    P/T are far better than T/T. T/T are below P/T and S/S in all PCS categories except many chor, that's really personal preference.

Custom Title
    I don't agree that P/T are far ahead of T/T in PCS. Pang has improved but there's still something awkward about her. Narumi has better posture and positions and is more elegant overall.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    V/T in 8th and K/S in 11th, thats so strange to see. How with just one fall you end up so low..And their pcs are not very good. :(
    At least I am happy for S/S, I think they will win!
    Those weren't the fall and get right back up type of falls. Those were horrific falls. V/T fall on death spiral and pull your partner down with you. K/S fall on lift and fall on top of your partner. Very strange but luckily no injuries. Even if there was a Russian judge on the panel, that wouldn't of saved them with the current scoring system.

Custom Title
    Last edited by Mao88; 03-29-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post

I agree! What are they smoking? +1 or 0 GOE?

Also, quite a few +2 on P/T lift? It was one of the most ugly unstrechted position ever. +2? Really?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    I agree! What are they smoking? +1 or 0 GOE?

Also, quite a few +2 on P/T lift? It was one of the most ugly unstrechted position ever. +2? Really?
    It's no wonder that fewer pairs are bothering to work on lift positions when they see that judges don't seem to care one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    Why would there be judges from JPN, USA(1+), GER, CAN when they have top skaters and no RUS judge? I can feel the stricker treatment to russian teams here.
    The Slytherin-ice in Nice is clearly part of that conspiracy.

Rinkside
    Hello to everyone. I don't know if this is is the right place or moderators will move my post on multimedia trading. Someone has has a dvd registration in very good quality from British or German Eurosport of Pairs Short in Nice? Could do a copy for me? I'll pay the expenses of course. I missed the competition :-(

Custom Title
    The Germans look like they will win with Pang and Tong in second. T squared are wonderful but I do wonder - why now - great for them but kind of sad to V and T who have skated like champions or threats all season. Life isn't fair; sometimes it is about skating when it counts although maybe that is a bit of luck because both Russian teams such tragedy and one coming back from injury. I hope they don't give up and skate the lights out because really it is the Germans and Pang and Tong and the rest are eh. Sorry Japan, USA, Italy and Canada they just aren't "special". In fact, many are non descript. T squared yes I do like but they just made their mark now. Good for them but I hope the other teams will rise to the challenge. Ice is slippery and so far the Russans are falling left and right. Maybe we will see them shock us in singles?

Rinkside
    i always like the israeli's no matter what. our tiny country doesn't have many winter athlets so w realy appriciat the ones we have

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast