Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 443

Thread: pairs sp

  1. #421
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,980
    Everyone had to skate on this ice but the French Federation better fix it and fast. It isn't spilled milk when several people are mentioning it and the replays also suggest it appears to be the ice rather than bad technique. My fear is someone is going to get injured -- I think the French organizers should get on this or face a lawsuit. As a result we may get some new champions or medallists based on who gets lucky with the ice. I think the French organizers should get a 2 point deduction for this faux pas and a minus for grades of execution of this year world's lOL

  2. #422
    Custom Title hurrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Yes, I'm really worried for the pairs skaters. With other skaters, bad ice may lead to bad jumps and falls, which is bad enough, of course, but with pairs... I don't want to think about it!!

  3. #423
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,743
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    After seeing S/S throw axel, I can total see how a judge would give a positive GOE. She they had a great entrance she was very high, great flow, she was up right and tight in the air, great flow out of the jump. She did have a slight two foot landing but don't forget the judges only judge in real time and don’t have the benefit on instant replay. That jump was killer. I saw the two footed landing but she barely touched the ice with her blade and I would have only given her a -1 but I can certainly see judges giving a +1 depending on what they saw. I was a great jump. I don't think it warranted a -2, it's not like she stepped out of it.
    Watching the video, to me, it was more than her free leg touching the ice; she clearly landed the jump on 2 feet. But everything else about the jump was truly amazing. I probably would have given it -1 but I am glad the move garnered more points than P&T's clean 3S.

  4. #424
    Custom Title snowflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,541
    Happy to see the French pair, James/Cipres, improving step by step. Good to see a clean skate though "easier" elements. Nice also that it works well with a "tall" lady like Vanessa(1.67). I look forward to enjoying them for many years to come.

    I don't see it as a big tragedy for Volosochar/Trankov. They have only competed at one world's + one season and has had lots of success. A little backlash can only be good for the future as a lesson to always, always stay focused. I'm sure they will take revenge in the long.

    I think the judging was fair. As said before, it's close and many exciting things can happen on Friday.

    About the ice: I haven't watched all, but wasn't the competition pretty good until the last two groups? Thanks Mao88 for the videos.

    Aliona & Robin

    ETA Just rewatched Takahashi/Tran Love her gesture at the end
    Last edited by snowflake; 03-29-2012 at 02:38 AM.

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    watching the pairs again I realized always how Ice is slippery and anything can happen
    In a way that is also why I love FS, its very unpredicatble when you least expected it

  6. #426
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    815
    Glad to see Marley & Brubaker make it into the top 10 for their first Worlds! I hope it continues into the Long Program. Go Mary and Rockne!

  7. #427
    Off the ice Buttercup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Left field
    Posts
    3,438
    I don't know whose blog this is, but this is the best pairs summary I've seen. Especially the part about Volosozhar and Trankov...

  8. #428
    Custom Title mikiandorocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I don't know whose blog this is, but this is the best pairs summary I've seen. Especially the part about Volosozhar and Trankov...
    Poor Maxim... but I think that blogger really has a point :P

  9. #429
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    Wow, really enjoyed S/S's program and this performance of it! Love their positions on so many of the moves == the spisn, the lifts.
    I agree....I hardly like spins these days but they have the best performed spins of all the pairs I've seen so far and although all the teams have tried their lifts they still do it the best.

  10. #430
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I agree....I hardly like spins these days but they have the best performed spins of all the pairs I've seen so far and although all the teams have tried their lifts they still do it the best.
    year best pair spin in competition

  11. #431
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I don't know whose blog this is, but this is the best pairs summary I've seen. Especially the part about Volosozhar and Trankov...
    That is my favorite skating blog. The way the blogger writes is so impressive and entertaining.

  12. #432
    take off the oven mitts
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I don't know whose blog this is, but this is the best pairs summary I've seen. Especially the part about Volosozhar and Trankov...

    thanks for the link. that blog entry is my 2nd favorite thing about worlds so far, after takahashi and tran's rare near clean program.

  13. #433
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Watching the video, to me, it was more than her free leg touching the ice; she clearly landed the jump on 2 feet. But everything else about the jump was truly amazing. I probably would have given it -1 but I am glad the move garnered more points than P&T's clean 3S.
    Pang and Tong did a 3Loop that could have been considered slightly two footed. A clean throw 3L from them would have gotten twos and threes.

  14. #434
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    After seeing S/S throw axel, I can total see how a judge would give a positive GOE. She they had a great entrance she was very high, great flow, she was up right and tight in the air, great flow out of the jump. She did have a slight two foot landing but don't forget the judges only judge in real time and don’t have the benefit on instant replay. That jump was killer. I saw the two footed landing but she barely touched the ice with her blade and I would have only given her a -1 but I can certainly see judges giving a +1 depending on what they saw. I was a great jump. I don't think it warranted a -2, it's not like she stepped out of it.
    I normally agree with you, but this one is just bad.
    What great entrance? They were stalking the throw for a while, with little speed and no transition going in.
    What great flow? By the nature of two-footing, there's no flow.
    While she was on the air, her position, height were nice. That was it.

    Don't forget the judges SHOULD BE experts. If they can't spot mistakes and you can and I can in real time, maybe it's time they go back to the woods and tend cattle, eh? Judging FS isn't for them. Watching programs live, I find it's easier to spot mistakes. You're arguing as if judges should be mom and pop watching FS for the first time. Wrong assumption. Wrong conclusion. I see them getting -2 GOE across the board, evidence by the number of judges who actually gave them -2 GOE.

  15. #435
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    What great entrance? They were stalking the throw for a while, with little speed and no transition going in. What great flow? By the nature of two-footing, there's no flow.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •