Ice Dance - short dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - short dance

Macassar88

Medalist
Huang and Zheng are up. Nice that they do their Rhumba patterns back to back.
The last bit felt really out of place and rusty. They end with Mujer Latina which has become this year's Carmen... They miss their ending pose.

gioccia

On the Ice
i LIKED the Chinese pair so much! the music chioce (especially the 2nd part), choreo, technical level.

Oops, looks like Huang forgot what to do with her leg at the end of the dance, or did I miss something?

This team doesn't have the speed or deep knees of some, but I always enjoy watching them, esp. her, she's so beautiful and has attitude! Actually he's pretty darn handsome too.

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
Ziganshina and Gazsi are up. This is Ruslan's sister right?
ETA: 1 second after I post, Russian commentators mention Ruslan

I love Zhiganshina. Does her name mean Gypsy? (The dress is straight out of Balanchine's Tzigane... sounds like the same root.)

cassiem

On the Ice
Her surname appears to be Tatar in origin (Tatar father, German mother). Loved Z/G's short dance!

cassiem

On the Ice
Coomes/Buckland are fun but I'm distracted by their ridiculous height difference. I think it's greater even than the average for pairs!

dwiggin3

Final Flight
The British team - I love the gold part of her dress. If they would get rid of the black sash, it would be one of my all-time favorites. She's striking and he's not too bad looking either!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh no, is the Russian curse continuing? That's the FOURTH fall today!

Bue

Rinkside
Has every single Russian couple gone down today?! All the pairs and now B/S!