Ice Dance - short dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - short dance

Tesla

Final Flight
Wow. The 2nd French team probably won't qualify for the free dance. I am really happy for Madison and Zach.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Can France retain 2 spots next year with P/J dropping to 21st? P/B better be 7th or better, correct?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow. The 2nd French team probably won't qualify for the free dance. I am really happy for Madison and Zach.

In this case it's probably good that P/B are competing. If they didn't, France would have already lost a spot!

dwiggin3

Final Flight

did they really skate that badly? I know they're not a top tier team but I don't associate them with "not qualifying".....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
did they really skate that badly? I know they're not a top tier team but I don't associate them with "not qualifying".....

They are 13th with 8 couples to skate. That means one of them have to bomb for them to qualify.

dwiggin3

Final Flight

wait, that was the French team I was watching...it wasn't that bad. Gwendol P looked utterly stunned. Maria too.

jcoates

Medalist
R/T should be fashion models. Just gorgeous, both of them. I just wish their choreography lived up to their looks more consistently. This program could be designed better, especially the lift and the 2nd half of the program.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I really don't get the low score of Carron/Jones and it's so shocking if they don't qualify for the FD. Another poster said Lloyd had bad twizzles, but I didn't notice that much.. I HAVE been having feed problems during the last few skaters though. I could barely watch R/T.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
"did they really skate that badly? I know they're not a top tier team but I don't associate them with "not qualifying"....."

They really did. Twizzles were way off and they were way slow and lots of other things. Too bad for them, but it just wasn't very good at all.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I really don't get the low score of Carron/Jones and it's so shocking if they don't qualify for the FD. Another poster said Lloyd had bad twizzles, but I didn't notice that much.. I HAVE been having feed problems during the last few skaters though. I could barely watch R/T.

We're not talking a step out. Lloyd missed an entire set. That will dock them a few levels...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
HUH. R/T is behind H/D too? Crazy...R/T looks disappointed. W/P will break H/D's streak, I'm sure.

Tesla

Final Flight

Same here. Their TES is atrocious, so there has to have been something more than bad twizzles. I mean, it's the lowest of everyone. What else did they miss?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
R/T behind a flawed B/S. So sad for them. I feel they inherently have more talent than B/S, but not packaged well.