Ice Dance - short dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - short dance

Bronze belongs to W/P in my truly unbiased opinion (because I only became a real W/P fan five minutes ago) and I really hope P/B don't take it with a sympathy/home vote. Just the thought makes me :bang:. I don't see how that bandage program can compare to Je Suis Malade!

Tesla

Final Flight
Bronze belongs to W/P in my truly unbiased opinion (because I only became a real W/P fan five minutes ago) and I really hope P/B don't take it with a sympathy/home vote. Just the thought makes me :bang:. I don't see how that bandage program can compare to Je Suis Malade!

I didn't know P/B had already skated. ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

LOL. Yeah I've really warmed up to them this year! My husband loves them (i.e. my non figure-skating watching husband). He always roots for his "I am sick" couple. :)

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I'm not sure how I'll survive this , but YAY! for W/P , and YAY! for C/L and H/D..they all delivered.:clap::yay:

My nerves are shattered, but I'm quite in bliss !

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am happy I did not watch SD
. so many meltdowns, I would hate if this happens also to My favorite
Yuzuru Hanyu and sentimental Polina K. :cry:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Watching the backstage shots. Meryl is wearing the old Orange dress....wonder what made her decide to go back to it?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'm torn. Pechalat and Bourzat are one of my favourite teams ever, but it would be nice to have two Canadian teams on the podium too.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Random observation: Did Mozorov lose weight? He looks thinner...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
just like last year in Russia Worlds
a french will podium either in mens or ice dance

Joubert may podium but I think P/B are locks for the bronze medal as they are french

Bue

Rinkside
Anyone watching Eurosport? The commentators are SUCH idiots. They keep going on and on about how D/W are unbeaten. They lost their last comp!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elena and Nikita, please avoid the odd rash of problems that the Russians have been having today. Someone's got to shatter this curse!!

dwiggin3

Final Flight
My Russian feed suddenly went to pairs recaps...of Russians. Hopefully I'll get back to the last flight of dancers.

Imarie086 - I agree. I preferred Meryl's newer dress to the orange one. She needs to show more skin than she is in the orange one (can't believe I'm saying that!) I'm sure I'm the only one who likes the fluff pieces on how skaters choose and design costumes but I wish there was more information out there on that. I find costuming interesting.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I know this has been said, but what's with the Russians being all in black for the SD? Is there some sort of dress code we don't know about?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It will be interesting to see how this is scored.... Thought they had a nice look, but their edges were shallow. Also their mismatch continues to be quite obvious.