Scoring at Worlds - Hersh's Views | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Scoring at Worlds - Hersh's Views

Nadine

Record Breaker
Did you see that, Hersh, did you see that!?! I told you that this was going to go down as one of the worst Worlds ever for the Americans.

And yet you have the gall to write about Rachael Flatt having a disastrous skate, telling her to quit, go to college, she's done with, and on & on & on. But at least she was a competitor and skated with JOY!!!!!!!!!!!

And then you even had the nerve to write that Ashley Wagner had the worst skate ever, W-R-O-N-G, your babydoll Alissa just had the worst skate ever. Eat that! :mad:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Meissner was injured; Flatt and Hughes struggling with skate while at 2 of world's finest universities; could have used time better #Nice12

Oh geez... Rachael and Emily could have used time better? I'm against censoring Phil and I know his job is not an easy one, but seriously this is just ridiculous!

So Alissa is going to be in 22nd place but yet you're still picking on Rachael...who is not even at this competition?

(I realize he was responding to a question from another Tweeter...But still....)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Typical Hersh. :rolleye:

He's old, over & done with, trying to get more people to follow him on twitter and whatever else. Not falling for it. ;)

Though I am seriously starting to wonder what his relationship with Alissa is????

Rachael can hold her head high, she told the truth, got dinged for it by the USFSA. Whereas Alissa did not.

Rachael is an honest person. A Christian.

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: and what sweet victory for Ashley. Hersh wrote just the other day that Ashley had the worst finish of an American lady and that Alissa had the highest at Worlds. And, lol, now Ashley proves him wrong on *both* counts ~ she just went out there and became the highest placing American lady since 2006 ~ and Alissa is the worst finish of an American lady. Karma, baby, karma. :laugh:

I adore the quality of Alissa's skating, but even I can see that she's very fragile this year, even more so than usual. If she can't muster up all the qualities of a champion skater (which include drive and coolness under pressure), then it's no one else's fault if she doesn't do well in a competition. I'm not as familiar with Abbott's and Rippon's strengths and weaknesses, but they're clearly not being held back by anything outside themselves.

Think about it: this is a drought for American skaters. If a really great skater comes along, man or lady, there is a clear path to the top for that skater. Short of having to quit for financial reasons or being injured, a skater who cannot seize that opportunity doesn't deserve it. At this moment, it seems as if Ashley is starting to deserve it. At this moment I haven't the faintest idea who deserves it on the men's side.

leafygreens

Final Flight
Don't always agree with Hersh but I do with this article. Read the comments at ice network too. People are pissed.

skatingbc

Final Flight
Actually I think Hersh makes some good points. It is VERY SUSPICIOUS that the top two US dance pairs received very low scores (compared to their best this season) while ALL the other top teams received their season best scores. That seems a little too convenient if you ask me. It does seem reasonable, at least for D/W who put on a great SD, to assume that the dance judging panel at Worlds intends to knock the US skaters down a notch or two as Hersh insinuates.

The Shibs DID NOT skate well. Anyone could see that. Numerous commentators and posters on this board also noted that D/W did not have their best skate. I think it is more likely that the reason the US dancers did not receive Seasons Best scores. Also, your explanation does not take the fact that H/D, in their FIRST time at Worlds, were in the Top 10. If there was some sort of conspiracy against the American dancers that would certainly not happen.

ETA...I was referring to D/W's SD.

katia

On the Ice
Don't always agree with Hersh but I do with this article. Read the comments at ice network too. People are pissed.
If "people are pissed" that D/W did not win or that Shibutani were not on the podium that's their problem. D/W did not win because they did not have good short dance and their free was not good enough to get gold medal. Shibutanis were not clean, they made couple of very serious mistakes. And if people want their prefered pairs to win, tough. I would like Lacoste to be in 10th place, P/B to get 4th place and W/P be in 3rd place. And I wish Azerbaijani pair to be in 10th place. But they are not. So there!