Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Banned
    btw, maybe its just me
    but did Alena lost some weight ???

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Phil tweeted that he was going to continue blaming the USFS for messing with Alissa's head by not sending her to 4CCs, and "that's my story and I'm going to stick to it". Typical Phil Hersh.
    what's phil's excuse for all the other failed competitions in her career? perhaps a puppy peed on her shoes on the way to the airport during her first year in seniors and she could never recover?

becuz the only response to a dissing is to tank. it can't ever be rise to the pressure and make them eat their words?

ETA i don't think it was a diss. i think they were right to spread the wealth. but assuming it was a 'diss,' did she have no choice but to prove them right?
    Last edited by skfan; 03-29-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I thought you were snarking at first. For real?
    For real, it's even up on his official blog.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Phil tweeted that he was going to continue blaming the USFS for messing with Alissa's head by not sending her to 4CCs, and "that's my story and I'm going to stick to it". Typical Phil Hersh.
    A bad performance is a bad performance. Blaming other people is not a good sportsmanship.

Down With It
    [Czisny's] silver at Nat was a gift, so she DIDN'T earn it.
    So tell me, who should have gone instead? Zawadzki? (and don't tell me she'd have done any better than 10th in the short anyway...)

It's the American ladies in general. We just CANNOT put it together when it counts! It doesn't matter WHO we send. The past 5 years should have told us that already...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I thought you were snarking at first. For real?
    Yup :/ https://twitter.com/#!/olyphil/statu...78797397360641

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Alissa would do well to remember what she did 3 years ago at Worlds in Los Angeles after a similarly disheartening SP skate left her well out of the last 2 LP groups. With the pressure off, she rebounded quite nicely in the LP to finish 8th in that segment and 11th overall. It was a much deeper field of ladies at that Worlds, being the pre-Olympic season, than Worlds this year, so she has to have hope that if she can muster the same type of performance in the LP here, then a top 10 finish is not out of the realm of possibility.
    I thought her program was good aside from the jumps and falls. I know what that sounds like. I agree that the pressure is off and she can just go out there and skate for herself. The 3rd spot is lost, even though that was just an outside chance given the recent performances. I hope she skates to her ability and goes out with a bang! It is unlikely she will be held up again at Nationals like she was this year. She'll be a terrific show skater.

Custom Title
    Hersh believes a head so easily messed with should be counted on, with all the coddling and TLC bestowed as required.

Custom Title
    Love Mao, Carolina, Alissa but I also love Akiko and I think it would be awesome for her to take the prize. Hey I wouldn't mind Elene taking the crown. I'm also hoping Ashley and Alissa skate great to get 3 spots back. ..nevermind on this point since Alissa is in 16th place...wow. Need to stop being surprised.

Missing Caroline Z... I do think she's more reliable.
    Last edited by lavender; 03-29-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    unless his article has a picture of MK running in a bathing suit i'm not reading him again.

Custom Title
    Alissa is in 16th place?! Yikes! The Americans would have done better with Rachael Flatt!

21:36:00 - 21:43:50 19 Alena LEONOVA RUS
    21:43:50 - 21:51:40 20 Mao ASADA JPN
    21:51:40 - 21:59:30 21 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
    21:59:30 - 22:07:20 22 Carolina KOSTNER ITA
    22:07:20 - 22:15:10 23 Akiko SUZUKI JPN
    22:15:10 - 22:23:00 24 Ksenia MAKAROVA RUS

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Alyssa could have been scored even lower too imho. I honestly don't see how Kostner or Mukami deserved to beat Leonova. Really I don't see any of the skaters worthy of world gold otther than Alyssa, Ashley or Mao if they are on because Carolina has never been in my mind a real champion without the lutz. Asquared (Ash and Aly are out of gold contention now probably) so it is up to Mao. But Alena deserves a medal; for years Carolina has been the lucky one and gotten medals left and right despite some awful skates so I think Alena deserves one too.
    All three of them are gold material but only if they deliver and so far, no one has. Ashley is probably out of gold medal contention but stranger things have happened. Who actually thought Alena was going to win the SP? People were off of their game today and Alena capitalized on that. Who wins comes down to who has the best skate of the night and if Ashley lays it down in the LP and others fail to deliver she could end up in 1st place...it's not probable but it is possible. Alissa recovering enough to win gold is probably impossible. She'd have to raise her technical content (to like a 3lz-3t and a 2a-3t) and deliver everything perfectly...the likelihood of that happening is very very very very low...

As for Alena, she deserves a medal when and if she earns it. Winning the SP doesn't guarantee you a medal; she's going to have to earn it. And for the record I still don't believe Carolina deserved that silver medal she won in 2008; that is Yukari Nakano's medal in my mind.

Medalist
    If this doesn't tell USFS to STOP basing the World team solely on Nationals, I don't know what will. They need to send to Worlds those who are skating well NOW, not those who skated well (or were held up!) TWO whole months ago. It seems to work well for gymnastics. Zhang has never gotten her due domestically; she historically scores better internationally. USFS needs to get a clue. Zhang's bronze at 4CC combined with Czisny's all out bomb at a no-pressure Challenge Cup should have been the cue to send Zhang to Worlds. Zhang is hitting a TRIPLE LOOP TRIPLE LOOP in the SHORT PROGRAM, for pete's sake!

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast