Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    So tell me, who should have gone instead? Zawadzki? (and don't tell me she'd have done any better than 10th in the short anyway...)

It's the American ladies in general. We just CANNOT put it together when it counts! It doesn't matter WHO we send. The past 5 years should have told us that already...
    I've said many times. Caroline Zhang should have gotten the Silver. I was there. I've seen it first hand, and the responses first hand. Caroline was robbed.
    Agnes would have scored a bit better than whatever Czisny did here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Such a double standard. Rachael does poorly last year (and not even at the level Alissa did today) and Hersh tells her to retire but Alissa completely had a complete meltdown and says its USFS' fault? Whatever.

Why does Akiko have to skate again after Caro!

Time schedule is up (though not listed online yet).

Oh Polina K. She has to skate 2nd. Those PCS scores are not going to be great that early.

Ashley has a great draw, last in the second to last group. Alissa's draw is not bad either.

Ksenia is last..hm that could be interesting, especially since her LP is kind of eh. She could totally rise up to the occasion or melt down.

Down With It
    HOW CAN PHIL HERSH DEFEND CZISNY?!?!?! I just don't get it! She was off the mark all season long, SHE was the one who chose to go to the Netherlands...SHE was the one who couldn't rise to the occasion today despite the skaters before her (save Leonova) leaving the door wide open...what excuse does she have? Sorry- USFS can be criticized for many things, but NOT this.

How can you defend someone who showed absolutely no fight, no resolve, and gave up as soon as she made her first mistake? My. God.

Down With It
    Who wins comes down to who has the best skate of the night and if Ashley lays it down in the LP and others fail to deliver she could end up in 1st place...it's not probable but it is possible.
    Gold is out of reach for her I'm afraid. A bronze may not be TOTALLY out of the question if crazy things occur, but 4th-6th is most likely for her IMHO

Alissa recovering enough to win gold is probably impossible. She'd have to raise her technical content (to like a 3lz-3t and a 2a-3t) and deliver everything perfectly...the likelihood of that happening is very very very very low...
    I have a better chance at winning Mega Millions...and I don't even have a ticket.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Such a double standard. Rachael does poorly last year (and not even at the level Alissa did today) and Hersh tells her to retire but Alissa completely had a complete meltdown and says its USFS' fault? Whatever.
    That was the first thing came to my mind when I read Hersh's reaction about Alissa. Hersh likes Alissa so much that he insists on finding faults on others. Alissa is such a fragile doll whom everyone would pay extra sympathy on. But let it go Hersh! No one to blame but Czisny herself!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 03-30-2012 at 10:30 PM.

From what I can remember is the 3'rd year in a row when Ksenia skates last!)....That is strange!:|

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    Why does Akiko have to skate again after Caro!

why is that so bad? are you expecting caro to bring down the house?

that's a good draw IMO. if caro clearly hands back the medal the judging panels were about to give her... and frankly the look on caro's face before she skated the SP gave me the impression that even skating the SP with the same jump content she has been doing all season was not going to be a picnic. if even the SP with same-old-content was hit & miss, then doing an LP with upgraded content and much more pressure... a jump layout she's only tried out once at a minimal-pressure event...

i wish the best for caro and mao but since i'm by nature a pessimist i don't expect them to do well, with mao's stubbornness about the 3a (love her attitude and dread it at the same time) and caro's spotty record under pressure...

i think gold is between alena and akiko. maybe murakami, if JSF is ready to annoint her.
    Last edited by skfan; 03-29-2012 at 12:14 PM.

This has become a US thread, but there are other skaters in he world too, working hard….

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Wow, I thought Akiko was underscored in the PCS, then Viktoria gets positively pummeled in PCS. I don't get Viktoria's ~25 PCS at all. She has lovely basic skating, flow and all around movement and body awareness.
    Had to watch this word up: "hit hard over and over again" I agree. Maybe the Swedes should walk in the corridors politikin better. Again Viktoria got lower PCS than Alissa with her bad 2-falls performance. And no US judges Suppose the judges just score what they like or not, not caring about rules or politics

Custom Title
    Miki could have easily cruised to another World title. That girl is super consistent. 2 titles prior to the Olympics would have set her up nicely for an Olympic medal. They aren't gonna dump her in 2014 for what she did.
    Mao is hopeless. 3A is not going to happen, so go for a 2A + GOE. She could have gained at least 4 more points on the TES side. So stubborn, so stupid.
    Kanako is robbed. If Alena got 9 for SS, Kanako should have gotten 10. Her program is so nice, real choreography, real skating.
    Carolina should have gotten higher. She messed up her combo, and solo jump at the 2009 SP, and still scored 63+, Messed up in the SP at the Olympics and still scored 62-63. She wasn't even a real threat those years. This year, she has the triple triple, good choreography, improved her SS, improved everything. I was expecting 62-63 for her. In a sense, Carolina is robbed of her overscoring ability. They actually marked her accordingly. So strange.
    Akiko, at the prime old age of 40, put out another triple triple. Good for her. Her PCS is too low compare to Alena.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    HOW CAN PHIL HERSH DEFEND CZISNY?!?!?! I just don't get it! She was off the mark all season long, SHE was the one who chose to go to the Netherlands...SHE was the one who couldn't rise to the occasion today despite the skaters before her (save Leonova) leaving the door wide open...what excuse does she have? Sorry- USFS can be criticized for many things, but NOT this.

How can you defend someone who showed absolutely no fight, no resolve, and gave up as soon as she made her first mistake? My. God.
    ITA. Hersch needs to pick his battles better b/c defending Alissa by saying this is the USFS's fault is nothing but a 100% cop out that fully takes responsibility off of Alissa and that is just wrong. Alissa had nothing to gain by going to 4CC after the way she performed at nationals; she didn't earn that silver medal and she knows it BUT b/c she had the favor of the judges and would score better than most even with mistakes, she was gifted that silver and sent to worlds. The USFS did the right thing by investing in its future by giving Agnes (a young skater with massive potential) and Caroline (a re-emerging star who has proven herself in the past) a chance to earn some recognition.

Alissa is responsible for the way she skates. Mentally, she's been off all season long so I don't get where this "USFS has effed with her head and screwed her up" is coming from. His defense of her looks really cheap and childish and if I were Alissa I'd be embarrassed to have him "stand up" for me like that. I seriously doubt she'll say not going to 4CC is why she tanked at Challenge cup and here too...

Phil looks like a total and complete a$$ right now...

Custom Title
    Gold is out of reach for her I'm afraid. A bronze may not be TOTALLY out of the question if crazy things occur, but 4th-6th is most likely for her IMHO
    I agree.
    Gold is between Mao and Carolina.
    A Bronze is between her, Kanako, and Alena. Kanako, Alena both have been good in the SP, but can falter in the LP. Their cushion isn't enough to keep Carolina down. Mao, if clean, will also over take them even without the 3A.
    I'm surprised people think Ashley is that good. This judging panel will nitpick all of her jumps, which should have gotten -1 or -2 across the board at Nationals. Top 10 would be a good showing, and top 5 is miraculous at this event.

Custom Title
    Phil Hersh is totally in Egypt. Alissa was held up in both the SP and FS at Nationals----that's how she got to go to Worlds. She has now had 5 bad skates in a row: GPF, Club sendoff, Nationals, Challenge Cup, Worlds. Nationals was the 3rd one in a row, yet USFS went right ahead and boosted her marks so she would go to Worlds again.

LAST year's Alissa was worthy of going to Worlds. THIS year's Alissa is a basket case. If she couldn't hold it together in the Netherlands where there was no pressure, then how could she possibly have been expected to do so in Nice? I was surprised that she even qualified for the FS.

I agree with the poster who said Flatt would have done better than Alissa did. Last year, with an injury, Flatt earned 57.12 in the SP (8th) and 97.39 in the FS (14th), and 12th overall. Alissa goes into the FS with 48.31 and 16th place.

Custom Title
    I'm not a big fan of Alena, but today she was on and her scores were well deserved. Jumps were huge and solid, spins and steps were solid too, and she is such a natural performer
    I also really liked Murakami, she has very nice program and skated very well. And Ksenia too, her SP is beautiful and well choreographed, hope she will keep it for one more season.
    Others didn't skate their best, Czisny's skate was a total disaster, but it's hardly a surprise, with that technique jumps will never be consistent and she was off almost whole season. Ashley could do better than that, but I don't think she has what it takes to be a World champion or even a solid medal contender. Caro didn't skate her best as well, but I think she will most likely win the title.
    Mao needs a good technical coach the sooner the better. Her jumps are nowhere near the level they used to be. And I don't like her program.

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast