Ladies - Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Looks like the judges left room for both American ladies to score higher than Alena even if they aren't perfect. I thought Alena's pcs should have been higher especially in light of what we have seen so far - she skated with heart and her own unique style - she ain't no american fairy princess but still nice to see other artistic approaches. So I would say good skate but undermarked comparatively.

No way she undermarked. That's her personal best. She scored pretty close to Yuna and Miki last year.

Kinga

Medalist
I love Ksenia's SP. Although she seemed exteremely focused on technical elements. It is lovely, light, with nice choreographic nuances. I hope she does not get dinged this time!

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Oh my god's I was so scare for Ksenia her shoelace in her skate look disturbing :S
I'm happy That Does not affect her skating. It's my favorite SP of the season

periperi

On the Ice
Makarova did great! I adore this program from her, and the jumps looked rotated to me honestly.

Makarova was really good, but that sucks about her skate, I was so worried it was actually going to come undone and almost fall off. Good thing she'd done all her jumps when it started to untie!
IKR. I'm impressed with the Russian veterans, they came through when they needed to. Let's see if the US veterans can do the same.

Medusa

Record Breaker
looks like the Russian curse is over
can't believe Alena score so high
To me Alena skated as if she couldn't put a foot wrong on this day. There was so much conviction and snap behind her jumps, her exuberant personality came through during the choreo - sometimes these things make all the difference.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
To me Alena skated as if she couldn't put a foot wrong on this day. There was so much conviction and snap behind her jumps, her exuberant personality came through during the choreo - sometimes these things make all the difference.

I agree 100%. She was amazing, fully deserved the highest PCS so far.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm glad the Russian curse from yesterday appears to be broken. Russia is currently flirting with the possibility of having 2 ladies in the final LP group. :cool: