Ladies - Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Tesla

Final Flight
How dare Viktoria not leave her newborn son. She should have dragged him with her so Polina could skate well. After all, that's all that matters, right? Who cares if the newborn gets sick or needs his mother. polina was there first so she should come first.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
It is not that unusual for coaches to miss competitions, even at this level. Traveling around the world is a major issue and there are often scheduling conflicts
Yes - Brian Joubert went to his first Olympics without a coach, and he wasn't much older than Polina is now. Sometimes a coach will have bigger things going on than their skaters' competition. The world does not revolve around skating.

It looks like the top 24 make the FS. Polina is on the edge as of now, but surely one of the remaining 21 skaters will place below her.

ETA - but I didn't want it to be Pieman :(

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The urgent concern for Polina is to qualify for Free. She would then have a chance to pull herself up. Russia's chances of 3 spots in the Olympics depend on 2013 Worlds so it's better things are shaken up this year.

Tesla

Final Flight
Yes - Brian Joubert went to his first Olympics without a coach, and he wasn't much older than Polina is now. Sometimes a coach will have bigger things going on than their skaters' competition. The world does not revolve around skating.

It doesn't?! :jaw:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The urgent concern for Polina is to qualify for Free. She would then have a chance to pull herself up. Russia's chances of 3 spots in the Olympics depend on 2013 Worlds so it's better things are shaken up this year.

they'll send Tukt and Adelina/Alena next year for Worlds
so they might get 3 spots back for 2014

seniorita

Record Breaker
I have two kids, I stopped working for the delivery and started working right away. She could have found a couple of hours a day for Polina and come here... She's a baby, 15 years old. She may not get another chance, nor any of her students.

The law gives 6 months up to a year off work instead here in order to breast feed and not send the baby in a baby sitter. To each their own. What if Volchova was still pregnant and delivered the baby in Nice?
Whats next, birth control applied to coaches?

Tuktamisheva went to 3 major competitions this year with her local coach, not Mishin.

I hope Leonova will save the day.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It looks like Polina will make the long, anyway.

And she did.

but I doubt she'll place in Top 13
then Russia might get 2 spots for ladies for 2013

this could be Polina's first and last Worlds meet for a long time
they will send Tukt and Adelina/Alena next year for the 2 spots