Ladies - Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Ashley is not on today. Tentative so far: 3F step out, 3L-2L and a good 2A. Compared to her 2012 four continents program, today's performance is a bit flat.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ashley is not on today. Tentative so far: 3F step out, 3L-2L and a good 2A. Compared to her 2012 four continents program, today's performance is a bit flat.

The 2A looked only so-so to me to be honest. Overall a good effort though. The jumps were rough but she fought for everything.

macy

Record Breaker
what website is everyone using to watch?! the one i used yesterday has a hockey game on!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Ashley was decent, but I wish she would have been better. I think she was nervous, looked nervous in the warm up.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think Ashley did OK. Not her best program, but she didn't put herself out of contention either.

Kinga

Medalist
I just wonder, is the combo 3L-3T very difficult? I have never seen anyone performing it. Wouldnt it be good to train it as plan B, if 3F-3T does not work?? To me it looked like Ashley had lot of flow out of the 3L to add 3T.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
56.41. Ashley is disappointed. And rightfully so. But I think she can catch up in the long.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear, the nerves and pressure got to Ashley! She has to forget about this SP skate, wipe the slate clean, and gear up for tomorrow like it is a totally new competition and fight for everything!

Oof... well, she's been in this position often enough and can pull herself well up in the standings. To the podium? Doubt it.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
what are the chances of a Carolina Meltdown ?

I think AKiko can pull up the best skate for sp yet
go Akiko !!!

Becki

Medalist
Honestly, I think Ashley Wagner is over-hyped, but I am shocked by her "relatively" low score....I think her combination jump and axel was rather well executed. I would place her in a close third next to Mao Asada..

*I just realized Ashley did a 3L-2T...for some reason I thought it was a 3-3. My bad..in that case, I would still place her closer to Elene.

Last edited: