Ladies - Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sheesh LaFuente did not even break 50, I liked her program tho.

gioccia

On the Ice
Volchkova had no right to leave her student on such a day. She could have come to the competition. Leave her baby with her parents and her husband for 5 days.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
What's wrong with Polina's score? Why was it that low?????????? She didn't do a combo, but... overall the performance was fine.

Low? She should be glad she got credit for her flip. You are not allowed to do 2 single jumps in SP, right?

OMG, the spanish supporters and their wigs!:laugh:

Yeah funny with long yellow and red hair :clap:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Did Lafuente have trouble with the levels? She looked pretty good to me.

Volchkova had no right to leave her student on such a day. She could have come to the competition. Leave her baby with her parents and her husband for 5 days.
Next you'll suggest she shouldn't have kids so long as she's coaching. Stuff happens. Skaters, even young ones, sometimes have to compete without their primary coaches. Polina will have to learn to deal with the pressure of competition or she'll never get anywhere.

glam

On the Ice

Or take her baby and her husband/babysitter with her to Nice.

Medusa

Record Breaker

Every woman has a right to decide these things on her own. There are also a number of medical conditions occuring after pregnancy and birth that might even prevent her from traveling.

Kinga

Medalist

You must be kidding. This is a personal decision, whether one wants to leave the baby or not. Maybe she can't anyway. What do you know??? Geeez, the baby is only 2-week-old. Calm down.

gioccia

On the Ice
Did Lafuente have trouble with the levels? She looked pretty good to me.

Next you'll suggest she shouldn't have kids so long as she's coaching. Stuff happens. Skaters, even young ones, sometimes have to compete without their primary coaches. Polina will have to learn to deal with the pressure of competition or she'll never get anywhere.

I have two kids, I stopped working for the delivery and started working right away. She could have found a couple of hours a day for Polina and come here... She's a baby, 15 years old. She may not get another chance, nor any of her students.

DancerLily

Rinkside

I really hope you're kidding, being with a newborn baby is way more important than this!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I have two kids, I stopped working for the delivery and started working right away. She could have found a couple of hours a day for Polina and come here... She's a baby, 15 years old. She may not get another chance, nor any of her students.
If that was the right decision for you, fine. This does not mean all women should be compelled to return to work less than a month after having a baby. In my country there are mandatory maternity leaves in addition to optional time off, and a woman so soon after delivery can't return to work in an official capacity.

Polina is not a baby, but Viktoria's child is, and if it's too early for her to return to coaching and travel, so be it.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Who gets those paintings from that artist. They just showed his painting of the six ladies in this group. Nice, I want the paintings of the men's two last groups, please....

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Mao's 3A is very unstable but she still wants to try it today so....I have a bad feeling about this

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Low? She should be glad she got credit for her flip. You are not allowed to do 2 single jumps in SP, right?

Yeah funny with long yellow and red hair :clap:

apparently her guardian or who ever is with Polina
does nto know what combos to use in caseaside from other than not helping her in other things
This could be Polina's last Worlds for a long time, Russia might get 2 spots for the ladies and it will be Tukt and Adelina/Alena

I do not blame Volchkova for not being there
but the guardian or who is with Polina for not preparing and doing enough for her