Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Banned
    Go Caro get that gold medal

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Surprise of the night: Kanako Murakami wins the SP? :P I have hopes
    I don't wish for that to happen. I don't want Mirai 2010 worlds again. Second place would be better, takes the pressure off a bit

Banned
    Alissa looks relaxed today i think she will do well

Custom Title
    Alissa is such a lovely skater, gorgeous dusky pink dress, superb posture, and on & on, but such a headcase. *sigh*

Still, imho this number "La Vie en Rose" is her signature number and the one I will fondly remember her by.

Custom Title
    Gorgeous 3T+3T from Caro!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Go, Kanako and Akiko!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mateusp1 View Post
    Gorgeous 3T+3T from Caro!
    it was really nice!!

Ugh, Alissa's SP dress still bugs me. The skirt is too sheer and it draws too much attention to her behind, which is nice but not what I want to look at when I see her skate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I don't understand the judges scores for Alena Leonova...She had a good skate with a lot of energy and I wouldn't take that away from her...but how is it she scores so high? Give her the points for the jumps but I don't get where the rest of the PCS come from. That program isn't good at all. All three jumps are done in the first 30 seconds and the remainder is nothing but elements with no in-betweens; she literally goes from jumps to spins to footwork without any kind of choreography. I really love her energy but the fact that her program beat out Mao, Ashley and Ksenia in the CH score really makes me worry about the direction this sport is going. Those three how nicely balanced well-choreographed programs whereas Alena's program was cheesy and campy with much winking and booty-shaking, yet somehow that counts as CH.
    Finally somebody said what I have been thinking. Her skate looked unrefined--rough and sloppy in some places. She was clearly acting, not a sincere performance. And yet high PCS...overscored in my opinion.

Whippet Good!
    I thought I didn't have a horse in the race but I'm really nervous for Alissa. I don't know if I can watch her skate.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    ITA re Alena.

Marchei did a great job - I wish she had gone to Yuka/Jason earlier. She has everything but it's a little late to be emerging from the chrysalis. She reminds me of Cynthia Phaneuf but lighter, more flexible, better, and without the scary eyebrows.

Custom Title
    Have you seen Miki Ando there? Greeting Valentina. Did they train together with Morozov?

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Ugh, Alissa's SP dress still bugs me. The skirt is too sheer and it draws too much attention to her behind, which is nice but not what I want to look at when I see her skate.
    I love the simple elegance of it. It's very simple in the front and elaborate in the back...I think she looks lovely in it and it really compliments the program.

However, I HATE that white LP dress she's been wearing lately. I hope she's switched back to the blue one she wore at the beginning of the season. The white one looks like a bad "sexy" night gown...

Custom Title
    Good luck Alissa!

Quote Originally Posted by mateusp1 View Post
    Have you seen Miki Ando there? Greeting Valentina. Did they train together with Morozov?
    yes, Marchei is with Morozov

Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast