Ladies - Short Program | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

tulosai

Record Breaker
EGods, Alissa behind Yrethe Silete, Jenna McCorkell, Amelie LaCoste -- How embarrassing. I would have preferred seeing Alissa pull herself out of Worlds competition by saying that she had an injury and could not be ready rather than imploding here on the biggest stage. Her and her coaches could have done that after the disaster at Challenge Cup. Send Agnes or Caroline Z. I would disagree with sending Gracie Gold at this stage -- why offer Gracie up to the Lion's Den at this stage. Allow Gracie to develop at her own pace fs fans. PLEASE!

I agree about Gracie.

As for Alissa, I am sure if she thought this would happen she would have pulled out. She has always seemed very ethical to me. I am sure if this was an injury she would have stepped aside. I think it was just a bad skate that unfortunately has followed other bad skates. I for one just feel sad for her- and for the fact that the hope of 3 spots is all but gone.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Well, the only thing I can hope for is that Ashely will use tonight's combined performances of hers and Alissa's to make her good and fired up for the LP and skate lights out; she's always been a LP skater so she can make up some ground. And maybe Alissa can feel that the pressure is off and just skate well, and help Ashley out as much as she can.

ITA! Ashley has to get fired up. After winning 4CC, she should know that she can compete with the best in the World.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Hmm, Murakami behind Leonova. Is the fix in for Alena?

I don't know, I thought Alena skated lights out today. I would PERSONALLY also have had her second, but I can see how others might disagree.

ETA: how WILD if Alena is in first going into the long...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
not much of a meltdown from Kostner
its ok, pressure will not be so high for her in the LP

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Grrr.... Caro 2-loop but 3-3toe. She is still in the gold mix. The program is so fabolous.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I agree about Gracie.

As for Alissa, I am sure if she thought this would happen she would have pulled out. She has always seemed very ethical to me. I am sure if this was an injury she would have stepped aside. I think it was just a bad skate that unfortunately has followed other bad skates. I for one just feel sad for her- and for the fact that the hope of 3 spots is all but gone.

Okay I'm just going to go wild here. But what if Ashley scored the bronze (She's has the goods to do it)? Then Alissa would only have to pull up to 10th. So yeah I say that it's very unlikely but not impossible.

Kinga

Medalist
I cannot believe Kanako scored lower than Alena. Maybe it was levels - I think Alena got level 4 on everything. Im not sure about Kanako. We shall see. But that was gorgeous! So much better than Alena's program in general...

Art&Sport

Medalist
I agree about Gracie.

Yes, I agree that Alissa is above reproach re ethical standards. No question about that! I mean since she is obviously not on her game mentally (and may have had some injury issues earlier in the season), pull out whether she is actually injured or not. She is injured somewhere --- she's aching in her confidence big time!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sadly, I think Caro needed to be picture perfect in the SP to allow herself the best possible opportunity to win this title, and unfortunately, it did not happen. :cry:

Nadine

Record Breaker
My computer crashed, but what I did see of Miss Carolina Kostner was very very lovely, she would make a wonderful World Champion. :)

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Even with the doubled loop, I expect Carolina to go into first or second with that.

That 3t-3t was fabulous! I could tell b/f she went up for it that the loop wasn't on...she slowed down too much.

Still, good performance and we know her PCS will be tops...