Ladies - Short Program | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

gioccia

On the Ice
What's wrong with Japanese ladies? Their looks are so wrong...the dresses, the hairdo. Akiko is a wonderful skater, but she behaves like a girl whereas she's a woman, that dress, music...Only Mao has class!

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Alissa should be permanently banned from world championships. USA shoukd have sent Gracie Gold, if they ever wanted to regain that 3rd spot.. sigh.

Okay, it's getting really old...

Give it up with the "they should have sent Gracie Gold" nonsense. Gracie went the junior worlds where she belonged. If she earns her spot next year she can go to worlds...

Sheesh...

raress

On the Ice
I don't think Carolina was over scored,i'm sryy for you haters all her elements axcept for the loop were perfect!!including her textbook 3-3!!So stop the critics and enjoy skating,not the scores!!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All the obnoxious Kostner digs are so tired and absurd. Caro is so amazingly talented and skilled that she deserves her high scores when she is on. I sincerely hope she finds that perfect 3loop in the LP and own it like I know she can! :love:

Becki

Medalist
Happy Akiko landed her 3-3....sad she doubled her lutz :( I am predicting a 60 based on the strict judging today...

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I find it funny too people here talk like Polina Schlepen and Makarova have many more chances at Worlds but Leonova does not. Leonova is far more likely to make the team for upcoming Worlds than those two. They arent that much younger than her and are far less competitive. I wouldnt be at all surprised if Leonova makes the Sochi Olympic team, she only has to beat out atleast 1 of Lipnitskaya, Elizaveta, and Sotnikova, which is quite doable, and stay ahead of the other challengers. If she wins here (which I dont think she will but could) she will probably almost be a lock for the 2014 team. They will for sure send a past World Champion over a skater new to senior World competition, no matter how good.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, did the Japanese girls steal your lunch money, or something GS posters? Such mean comments in here...

Art&Sport

Medalist
Alissa should be permanently banned from world championships. USA shoukd have sent Gracie Gold, if they ever wanted to regain that 3rd spot.. sigh.

Don't rub it in, please. Alissa should have removed herself from Worlds and regrouped to decide if she truly wanted to continue for the next two years. Now, she will be unlikely to have any options. Politically and per fans' outcries, she will likely retire. It will be extremely sad if she has to retire on this sad note. As far as Gracie Gold. Give us a break please. Gracie is on target to enter seniors next season. Keep the premature and excessive cheering in gear.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
What's wrong with Japanese ladies? Their looks are so wrong...the dresses, the hairdo. Akiko is a wonderful skater, but she behaves like a girl whereas she's a woman, that dress, music...Only Mao has class!

I thought Kanako and Akiko looked wonderful: their costumes were beautiful as were their music and programs. I love Mao's program and music but her costume is overdone and a bit tacky...

periperi

On the Ice
Gah, Akiko doubled the lutz... She skated with attack and speed though, and bravo for the 3T - 3T! Love how she holds on to the landings giving the judges no doubt that she's got it under her full control.

Ok, Viktoria next. Good luck!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
59.38 for Akiko into 5th place

Now I'm so nervous for Viktoria. I really want her to succeed here!

Okami

On the Ice
What's wrong with Japanese ladies? Their looks are so wrong...the dresses, the hairdo. Akiko is a wonderful skater, but she behaves like a girl whereas she's a woman, that dress, music...

She's skating a folk program. I find her costume and hairstyle appropriate and her SP is one of my very favourites this season. If everyone skated a pretty-princess-in-a-bun program, it would be boring. I love classical/balletic programs, but there needs to be some variety...

tulosai

Record Breaker
I find it funny too people here talk like Polina Schlepen and Makarova have many more chances at Worlds but Leonova does not. Leonova is far more likely to make the team for upcoming Worlds than those two. They arent that much younger than her and are far less competitive.

If this is directed to me, then not at ALL. I think that Makarova is far less likely than Leonova to make it again. As for Shelepen, it depends on a lot of things, but certainly not. It depends IMO first of all if Russia does win back the 3 spots this year. If they do, Alena has a good chance (again IMO) of going next year. However, I do not think her chances are good for the Olys. Like with everything else, though, time will tell. I am a Leonova fan, at least compared to most here.

Medusa

Record Breaker
European skaters bonus, Russian skaters bonus, Japanese skaters bonus - Carolina is soo overrated, Kanako is the most awful skater ever, Leonova is so overrated, how can she get those scores, Alissa should be banned from worlds, Leonova has no choreo, Kanako has no choreo... You guys realise that this thread sounds absolutely ridiculous?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I don't think Carolina was over scored,i'm sryy for you haters all her elements axcept for the loop were perfect!!including her textbook 3-3!!So stop the critics and enjoy skating,not the scores!!

She was underscored. It is a total joke Suzuki beat her on TES with the same jumps, same mistake, and much weaker on all elements pretty much. The 3 Japanese women were all overscored for their performances, although atleast were in the right order relative to each other. Leonova was overscored a bit too, while Makaraova and Kostner were underscored.