Ladies - Short Program | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

tulosai

Record Breaker
European skaters bonus, Russian skaters bonus, Japanese skaters bonus - Carolina is soo overrated, Kanako is the most awful skater ever, Leonova is so overrated, how can she get those scores, Alissa should be banned from worlds, Leonova has no choreo, Kanako has no choreo... You guys realise that this thread sounds absolutely ridiculous?

:clap:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If this is directed to me, then not at ALL. I think that Makarova is far less likely than Leonova to make it again. As for Shelepen, it depends on a lot of things, but certainly not. It depends IMO first of all if Russia does win back the 3 spots this year. If they do, Alena has a good chance (again IMO) of going next year. However, I do not think her chances are good for the Olys. Like with everything else, though, time will tell. I am a Leonova fan, at least compared to most here.

I think so too
If they can maintain 3 spots
Tukt, Adelina and Alena are likley than Shelepen of Korobeynikova

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Viktoria did her first 3toe-3toe in competition :bow: Hope, hope it is ratified. 2-axel not top, but everything else is fine. :clap: Must have been her best SP ever.

ETA 3-3 was < 54.19 into 10th place

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just throwing out a wild guess that Kostner must have lost some spin levels. It will be interesting to see what the protocols show. :think:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You know guys, I think Ashley is still in it. She's a little over 4 points from bronze. Not an insurmountable gap to catch up on....She's capable of coming back from bigger gaps!

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I thought Alissa was going to retire a few years ago. But she kept going and won two National titles and GPF title. She's 24 already and has good medal collection for retirement. She'll be a star in SOI. I love her performances!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
You know guys, I think Ashley is still in it. She's a little over 4 points from bronze. Not an insurmountable gap to catch up on....She's capable of coming back from bigger gaps!

The problem is the skaters in 3rd and 4th are most likely to finish 1st and 2nd, especialy the skater currently in 3rd winning. The skater she would have to catch for the bronze is either 1st or 2nd now, and further ahead. Plus she wont be skating in the final group, and judging by her score today her jump shortcomings will be more harsly looked upon by this panel.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Amelie Lacoste has a chance of jumping into the top 10, I think. McCorkell often implodes on the jumps, and she could maybe squeak by Marchei.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Wow, I thought Akiko was underscored in the PCS, then Viktoria gets positively pummeled in PCS. I don't get Viktoria's ~25 PCS at all. She has lovely basic skating, flow and all around movement and body awareness.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Well... that was thoroughly disappointing. Doubles everywhere... Unfortunately, the majority of them deserved the scores they got. A double knocks out about 5 points in TCS and likely 1 point off PCS, which is why so many didn't get their seasons best. (Yuna Kim, please come back, and for an entire season this time.)

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
only 5 points between 1st to 5th.....FS should be exciting. Everyone has a chance for gold. It will be interesting to see who can keep the nerve check in...

periperi

On the Ice
Wow, I thought Akiko was underscored in the PCS, then Viktoria gets positively pummeled in PCS. I don't get Viktoria's ~25 PCS at all. She has lovely basic skating, flow and all around movement and body awareness.

IKR? I've never gotten Viktoria's PCS...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The problem is the skaters in 3rd and 4th are most likely to finish 1st and 2nd, especialy the skater currently in 3rd winning. The skater she would have to catch for the bronze is either 1st or 2nd now, and further ahead. Plus she wont be skating in the final group, and judging by her score today her jump shortcomings will be more harsly looked upon by this panel.

Yes, not being in the final group will hurt her. But I think she can still catch up, especially if skates lights out.