Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    I can't even put into words how sorry I am for Alissa. she works so hard and this happens in competition. I hope this will at least give her some fire for the long, but after this competition I will be surprised if she continues...
    So will I, and I highly doubt after this experience that she will receive any more breaks from USFSA.

Go Caro!

Custom Title
    Hmm, Murakami behind Leonova. Is the fix in for Alena?

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Please skate your heart out with a personal best, Carolina!

Custom Title
    Caro :(
    doubles the 3Loop.
    Too much pressure I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    EGods, Alissa behind Yrethe Silete, Jenna McCorkell, Amelie LaCoste -- How embarrassing. I would have preferred seeing Alissa pull herself out of Worlds competition by saying that she had an injury and could not be ready rather than imploding here on the biggest stage. Her and her coaches could have done that after the disaster at Challenge Cup. Send Agnes or Caroline Z. I would disagree with sending Gracie Gold at this stage -- why offer Gracie up to the Lion's Den at this stage. Allow Gracie to develop at her own pace fs fans. PLEASE!
    I agree about Gracie.

As for Alissa, I am sure if she thought this would happen she would have pulled out. She has always seemed very ethical to me. I am sure if this was an injury she would have stepped aside. I think it was just a bad skate that unfortunately has followed other bad skates. I for one just feel sad for her- and for the fact that the hope of 3 spots is all but gone.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Well, the only thing I can hope for is that Ashely will use tonight's combined performances of hers and Alissa's to make her good and fired up for the LP and skate lights out; she's always been a LP skater so she can make up some ground. And maybe Alissa can feel that the pressure is off and just skate well, and help Ashley out as much as she can.
    ITA! Ashley has to get fired up. After winning 4CC, she should know that she can compete with the best in the World.

Custom Title
    uuuhhh caro only 2Loop

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Hmm, Murakami behind Leonova. Is the fix in for Alena?
    I don't know, I thought Alena skated lights out today. I would PERSONALLY also have had her second, but I can see how others might disagree.

ETA: how WILD if Alena is in first going into the long...

Custom Title
    I hated Kanako's skating. ugly. huge PCS for that? ugly arm, jumps...

Custom Title
    Alena is winning the SP

Banned
    not much of a meltdown from Kostner
    its ok, pressure will not be so high for her in the LP

Grrr.... Caro 2-loop but 3-3toe. She is still in the gold mix. The program is so fabolous.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I agree about Gracie.

As for Alissa, I am sure if she thought this would happen she would have pulled out. She has always seemed very ethical to me. I am sure if this was an injury she would have stepped aside. I think it was just a bad skate that unfortunately has followed other bad skates. I for one just feel sad for her- and for the fact that the hope of 3 spots is all but gone.
    Okay I'm just going to go wild here. But what if Ashley scored the bronze (She's has the goods to do it)? Then Alissa would only have to pull up to 10th. So yeah I say that it's very unlikely but not impossible.

Custom Title
    Caro double her Loop but everything else superb. Should get highest PCS.

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast