Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Quote Originally Posted by gioccia View Post
    Volchkova had no right to leave her student on such a day. She could have come to the competition. Leave her baby with her parents and her husband for 5 days.
    Every woman has a right to decide these things on her own. There are also a number of medical conditions occuring after pregnancy and birth that might even prevent her from traveling.

Edgy Details
    Volchkova had no right to leave her student on such a day. She could have come to the competition. Leave her baby with her parents and her husband for 5 days.
    You must be kidding. This is a personal decision, whether one wants to leave the baby or not. Maybe she can't anyway. What do you know??? Geeez, the baby is only 2-week-old. Calm down.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Did Lafuente have trouble with the levels? She looked pretty good to me.

Next you'll suggest she shouldn't have kids so long as she's coaching. Stuff happens. Skaters, even young ones, sometimes have to compete without their primary coaches. Polina will have to learn to deal with the pressure of competition or she'll never get anywhere.
    I have two kids, I stopped working for the delivery and started working right away. She could have found a couple of hours a day for Polina and come here... She's a baby, 15 years old. She may not get another chance, nor any of her students.

Edgy Details
    I have two kids, I stopped working for the delivery and started working right away. .
    Congratulations

On the Ice
    I really hope you're kidding, being with a newborn baby is way more important than this!

I have two kids, I stopped working for the delivery and started working right away. She could have found a couple of hours a day for Polina and come here... She's a baby, 15 years old. She may not get another chance, nor any of her students.
    If that was the right decision for you, fine. This does not mean all women should be compelled to return to work less than a month after having a baby. In my country there are mandatory maternity leaves in addition to optional time off, and a woman so soon after delivery can't return to work in an official capacity.

Polina is not a baby, but Viktoria's child is, and if it's too early for her to return to coaching and travel, so be it.

I love the artist. Same one we've seen at Trophee Bompard, I think.

Who gets those paintings from that artist. They just showed his painting of the six ladies in this group. Nice, I want the paintings of the men's two last groups, please....

Custom Title
    Mao's 3A is very unstable but she still wants to try it today so....I have a bad feeling about this

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Low? She should be glad she got credit for her flip. You are not allowed to do 2 single jumps in SP, right?

Yeah funny with long yellow and red hair
    apparently her guardian or who ever is with Polina
    does nto know what combos to use in caseaside from other than not helping her in other things
    This could be Polina's last Worlds for a long time, Russia might get 2 spots for the ladies and it will be Tukt and Adelina/Alena

I do not blame Volchkova for not being there
    but the guardian or who is with Polina for not preparing and doing enough for her

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    If that was the right decision for you, fine. This does not mean all women should be compelled to return to work less than a month after having a baby. In my country there are mandatory maternity leaves in addition to optional time off, and a woman so soon after delivery can't return to work in an official capacity.

Polina is not a baby, but Viktoria's child is, and if it's too early for her to return to coaching and travel, so be it.
    I'm just very dissapointed, anywat RusFed should have tranferred Polina to some other coach right after the Euros...so that she could adapt and not lose her shape. I want 3 representatives next year and now I have no illusions left.

I'm just very dissapointed, anywat RusFed should have tranferred Polina to some other coach right after the Euros...so that she could adapt and not lose her shape. I want 3 representatives next year and now I have no illusions left.
    I agree that better alternate arrangements should have been made.

I think Russia still has a shot at three ladies for next year; it's not the strongest field, and Leonova at least should be able to do well.

Custom Title
    Polina's Euro SP

3F+3T - fall, too bad
    3Lo - fall again
    FSSp
    2A
    LSp
    SlSt
    CCoSp

Score: 49.41,

How come she gets here less????

Rinkside
    We're not talking about a junior B-level event. If my primary coach can't attend the World Championships, I'll be getting a new primary coach. Take all the maternity time you want from April to August.

Quote Originally Posted by xzchief View Post
    We're not talking about a junior B-level event. If my primary coach can't attend the World Championships, I'll be getting a new primary coach. Take all the maternity time you want from April to August.
    Do you understand how maternity leave works?

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast