Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Custom Title
    What's with all the 3T-3T? :S Is that the new (top) ladies' standard?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    You know guys, I think Ashley is still in it. She's a little over 4 points from bronze. Not an insurmountable gap to catch up on....She's capable of coming back from bigger gaps!
    The problem is the skaters in 3rd and 4th are most likely to finish 1st and 2nd, especialy the skater currently in 3rd winning. The skater she would have to catch for the bronze is either 1st or 2nd now, and further ahead. Plus she wont be skating in the final group, and judging by her score today her jump shortcomings will be more harsly looked upon by this panel.

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Overall, this 2012 ladies' competition is pretty lackluster. Meh.
    Pretty much but I did like Leonova.

Amelie Lacoste has a chance of jumping into the top 10, I think. McCorkell often implodes on the jumps, and she could maybe squeak by Marchei.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Wow, I thought Akiko was underscored in the PCS, then Viktoria gets positively pummeled in PCS. I don't get Viktoria's ~25 PCS at all. She has lovely basic skating, flow and all around movement and body awareness.

Custom Title
    Well... that was thoroughly disappointing. Doubles everywhere... Unfortunately, the majority of them deserved the scores they got. A double knocks out about 5 points in TCS and likely 1 point off PCS, which is why so many didn't get their seasons best. (Yuna Kim, please come back, and for an entire season this time.)

Custom Title
    only 5 points between 1st to 5th.....FS should be exciting. Everyone has a chance for gold. It will be interesting to see who can keep the nerve check in...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    What's with all the 3T-3T? :S Is that the new (top) ladies' standard?
    yes, playing it safe and easy to rack +GOE's

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Wow, I thought Akiko was underscored in the PCS, then Viktoria gets positively pummeled in PCS. I don't get Viktoria's ~25 PCS at all. She has lovely basic skating, flow and all around movement and body awareness.
    IKR? I've never gotten Viktoria's PCS...

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    The problem is the skaters in 3rd and 4th are most likely to finish 1st and 2nd, especialy the skater currently in 3rd winning. The skater she would have to catch for the bronze is either 1st or 2nd now, and further ahead. Plus she wont be skating in the final group, and judging by her score today her jump shortcomings will be more harsly looked upon by this panel.
    Yes, not being in the final group will hurt her. But I think she can still catch up, especially if skates lights out.

Custom Title
    Will judges at SP be the same panel of judges at LP?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    Well... that was thoroughly disappointing. Doubles everywhere... Unfortunately, the majority of them deserved the scores they got. A double knocks out about 5 points in TCS and likely 1 point off PCS, which is why so many didn't get their seasons best. (Yuna Kim, please come back, and for an entire season this time.)
    I know this sounds rather silly....but I bet if Yuna Kim decided to start training a few weeks ago for this week's World Championships, she might have won this competition with little effort...

Custom Title
    if Kanako wins, that would be just wrong...as you often say here.. figure skating is not only TES. She was sharp, rough... that was not women's skating. Alena sold THIS program, she'll be different in the LP. Akiko's music allowed her to be sharp, but she was rather elegant on the ice, Kanako's music was different, I can't understand why she behaved like an animal. (forgive me my poor English to describe it softer)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    The US just has a different Lady to blame each year.
    Yeah, rub it in. The U.S. have a long and rich tradition of Ladies champions!!! Maribel Vinson Owen, Laurence Owen, Tenley Albright, Carol Heiss, Peggy Fleming, Janet Lynn, Dorothy Hamill, Rosalynn Sumners, Elaine Zayak, Linda Fratianne, Tiffany Chin, Jill Trenary, Debi Thomas, Kristi Yamaguchi, Tonya Harding, Nancy Kerrigan, Nicole Bobek, Tara Lipinski, Sasha Cohen, Michelle Kwan. Show us another country that has a similar long and rich tradition, please (and I'm not talking recent history, b/c Japan is right up there in recent history). There is and will not be another Michelle Kwan in ladies' figure skating (someone who dominates for nearly ten years with CONSISTENCY, grace, courage and class both on and off the ice). The U.S. has been spoiled, but it is not as if there is another very dominant lady from other countries. Not even Yu Na had the consistency and length of career that Michelle had.

Overall, the ladies field in general is boring. That's why the Men have been closing the show in recent years.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Interesting to note that not a single lady scored above a 7.89 in any of the combined PCS components. There are definitely very tough judging panels at this Worlds, which is so odd!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 03-29-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast