Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    I know this sounds rather silly....but I bet if Yuna Kim decided to start training a few weeks ago for this week's World Championships, she might have won this competition with little effort...
    This is what everyone thought last year too...and at 2010 worlds. Let's not start this "what if".

Edgy Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    What's with all the 3T-3T? :S Is that the new (top) ladies' standard?
    That is why I respect Elene for going for 3Z-3T. She totally won me over.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    yes, playing it safe and easy to rack +GOE's
    Sad....considering back in 2007 everyone was throwing 3F+3T, 3F+3Lo, 3Lz+3Lo like free pop corns in theater..!! At least good to know, the Russian babies are armed with harder triple triples .... hope they that standard

Custom Title
    These are great standings so far for the Japanese ladies. Kanako 2nd, Mao 4th, and Akiko 5th. At least one of them will be on the podium and I will be happy for whoever it is!

Will a Russian lady make the podium this year? I'm no fan of Alena, but so far, it looks to be that way if she can hold on.

Ashley still has a chance for a top 5 placement and that would be a great achievement for her in my book. Alissa on the other hand (16th) should probably hope to make top 10 at best. Oh well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    This is what everyone thought last year too...and at 2010 worlds. Let's not start this "what if".
    But the last time she got anything below 59 in the SP was in 2008. At 2010 Worlds, the field wasn't exactly "watered-down" and ditto for 2011.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Interesting to note that not a single lady scored above a 7.89 in any of the PCS components. There are definitely very tough judging panels at this Worlds, which is so odd!
    If the same judges are going to be there for men, guess no one will be scoring well or breaking any world records soon.... hope they keep in consistent throughout entire competition...

Custom Title
    Wrong, they're going to be overscoring for the man, breaking records. The complete opposite of the women.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    If the same judges are going to be there for men, guess no one will be scoring well or breaking any world records soon.... hope they keep in consistent throughout entire competition...
    You wish! I thought the judges for Ladies' events are different from the judges for men's events. Any confirmation from the knowledgable people here?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Wrong, they're going to be overscoring for the man, breaking records. The complete opposite of the women.
    only for Joubert and Chan

I want the name of the judge who gave Alena a 9.00 for skating skills. The hell? I don't see a single one for Kostner.

Banned
    I wouldn`t bet on that Chan has his own personnal scoring criteria.

Custom Title
    If Alissa is to retire, then I hope some fire and confidence comes to her so that she can maybe pull up to at least 8th place, and that Ashley can skate to her best and at least land in 4th or 5th. That's best case scenario. Not even thinking so much to get a third spot for U.S. ladies, but just for Ash and Alissa to maintain their self-respect and end this season on a happy note after all their hard work.

Custom Title
    The US can still get three spots. Ashley can move up to fifth with a decent LP, with Kostner, Leonova, Suzuki and Mao ahead of her. She can easily make up six points on Murakami. The big question is Alyssa. If she can deliver a three triple free (I know that's a big IF), Alyssa can move in front of the ninth through fifteenth place skaters, plus Makarova who can easily implode in the LP. It's a long shot, but I'm not giving up hope yet.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Best skate of the day for me was Elena G's. Forget the 1A, that girl has beauty and passion and she has willed herself back into contention out of nowhere. I hope she can repeat the 3-3 in the FS.

If Yu Na and Tarasova didn't kill Mao, the 3A did. She struggles mightily, but this woman has had one too many monkeys on her back.

Kanako, Carolina, Akiko, Ashley, Mao, ElGed - don't let Alena win this thing!

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast