Ladies - Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
This is probably the easiest worlds ever to medal in. Not much of a field compared to other years sadly.

yeah, things are looking good for the american ladies if they skate the way they did at nationals.

periperi

On the Ice
Popova did lovely. There's an airy quality to her skating that I like. Couldn't help being reminded of Maria Butyrskaya because of the music. I miss that lady lots.

Medusa

Record Breaker
could change in a few more years though, hopefully with the new younger generation with full arsenal :)
I think we have been saying this for years. Because the field has been sketchy for quite some time. First the American wonderladies (Nagasu, Zhang etc.) were supposed to make everything more exciting. Then there were quite a few Chinese hopefuls with "amazing" potential (Bingwa Gwen etc.). Now it is the Russians that will apparently revolutionise the sport - but one of them is a baby (Julia), one is already feeling the pressure a lot and not dealing too well (Adelina), the Polinas are wildly inconsistent...

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Beautiful Mao.

Her PCS should be through the roof, or up near the low ceiling. TES is great, or not depending on whether her 3A is credited, i.e. no <.

Last edited:

MasterB

Final Flight
Too bad about the fall on the 3axel but, I have nothing but respect for her for trying it and not taking the easy way out.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Poor Mao, it looks like her heart left skating after her mother (her greatest supporter) died this past December. It's sad to see her so thin with those aqua blue puffs on her chest to represent her now non-existent breaasts.

Here's hoping she regains her 2010 Olympic form by the next Olympics. *crossing fingers*

periperi

On the Ice
Mao is just beautiful... but why did she go for the 3A?! It looked nowhere near rotated.