Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance - Free Dance

Wow that TES score is so low... They're actually second to LAST. It was the PCS that actually saved them (which tells me that they acknowledge the improvements they made). Funny how TES has help them all season long and they were short on the PCS...but now it's the exact opposite.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    The Shibs are headed towards an 8th place finish. Which means in the unlikely event that Davis/White falls off the podium, the US loses one spot.

ouch for my shiboos :( but it's true, their bronze last year was before their time, really. this is a small set back in the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    The Shibs are headed towards an 8th place finish. Which means in the unlikely event that Davis/White falls off the podium, the US loses one spot.
    If D/W fall off the podium I will literally eat my shirt. And I'm at work right now, so that would be awkward.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Alex is laughing; I've doubt he's seen scores like that for them in a looooooooong time.
    that's just enervating. poor sportsmanship.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    82.37. I don't think I've ever seen them score that low.
    Yeah, behind H/D, at least USA probably won't lose a spot next year, never thought I would be saying that this year.

Custom Title
    Isn't it a total of 13 for three spots?

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    I wouldn't worry about that. (Hope that didn't jinx them)

Hot french former ice dance couples sighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Alex is laughing; I've doubt he's seen scores like that for them in a looooooooong time.

Y'know, it's disappointing but it happens. They are still very young and have a long time before they can challenge as serious medal threats; last year was a big fluke and they aren't going to be able to even dream about just winning Nationals for a few years longer. Chalk it up as a learning experience and move on! I'm still mighty impressed by what I see from the Shibs overall. They have a lot of potential and can be top-tier staples in the years to come.
    Totally agree. I really think the pressure did get to them. There's no doubt that they wanted to prove themselves that they can compete with the best....and quite frankly they have shown that they can! They got in the GPF final, two GP medals and another nationals medal.

They will be fine.

Custom Title
    It's just the evenning up of the karma for the Shibs. Everything returns to the mean and they are still on the up trend in a very bright young career.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    How so? Even if D/W were 4th or 5th, the US would still have 3 spots next year I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    How so? Even if D/W were 4th or 5th, the US would still have 3 spots next year I thought.
    Yes. You are right. The total must be 13, not 11.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    any free streaming for USA? via eurosport or something else?

Ugh, I had feed problems so I saw hardly any of Davis and White's dance, really.

On the Ice

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast