Ice Dance - Free Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - Free Dance

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think D/W should have won the FD at least, but since we're in France C'est la vie.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I actually prefer V/M over D/W by far, but something's wrong with these scores. Even Tessa acknowledged in the interview just now that this was not their best go of the program. I especially and vigorously disagree with the fact that V/M's SS PCS is higher than D/W's.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I actually prefer V/M over D/W by far, but something's wrong with these scores. Even Tessa acknowledged in the interview just now that this was not their best go of the program. I especially and vigorously disagree with the fact that V/M's SS PCS is higher than D/W's.

Hm interseting. I actually thought their 4CC version was the best one of it myself. I just did not feel it as much today.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh by the way:

The Shibs got zero points on the Twizzles + two level 2s on their step sequences. Unfortunate.

But they did get level 4 on everything else. (lifts and spin)

Last edited:

icebeauty

On the Ice
and I am a huge Tessa&Scott fan, still this feels unfair.
They skated well, but it wasnt amazing and there were insecurities. They are human and it is okay. However, Meryl&Charlie were more confident and polished. I would understand the overall win, but not in free dance.

i think this summarizes up my feeling about the result perfectly...I'm secretly hoping that D/W go back to a storytelling FD next season or at least something that has more rise and fall...(I dont' need they to do something lik S&D or PotO, but something with that type of dynamic...it shows off their strengths betteran d considering that they've spent the last two season working on the smaller details I think returning to that style can will make them even more impressive as they can do their fast flashy parts and do the nuanced details too)

emdee

Final Flight
I think T&S rocked it - yet they had more fire in the 4CC but the expressions here were wonderful and they became the characters.

D&W had a good solid performance but I didnt find them as light on their feet as they usually are.

While T&S have grown through the season I dont think I can say the same about D&W.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I don't normally watch ice dance (think the results are pre-determined among other things) but just for the heck of it I watched Davis/White, and then Virtue/Moir. Can someone explain to me how V/M won the FD? Because from what I saw, D/W seemed to be the clear winners. Anyway, that did nothing to disprove my thoughts on the whole discipline...

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I am less concerned about the medals for D/W than I am about the actual FD score. I'm neither of those skaters nor involved with that program in any way, but even I feel gutted that after a season of refining and polishing this program, then skating it at their best ever at Worlds, when judges are the most generous with marks, only to wind up with their second lowest score ever for the FD. Somebody owes them an explanation on why their efforts didn't come to fruition.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs P, did you mean V/M or D/W 4CC version was best (or both)?:)

V/M. I thought D/W did their best version today so sad it wasn't scored as such (regardless of if they won or not).

I am less concerned about the medals for D/W than I am about the actual FD score. I'm neither of those skaters nor involved with that program in any way, but even I feel gutted that after a season of refining and polishing this program, then skating it at their best ever at Worlds, when judges are the most generous with marks, only to wind up with their second lowest score ever for the FD. Somebody owes them an explanation on why their efforts didn't come to fruition.

And while V/M haven't worked and polished their programs all through the season as hell?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't normally watch ice dance (think the results are pre-determined among other things) but just for the heck of it I watched Davis/White, and then Virtue/Moir. Can someone explain to me how V/M won the FD? Because from what I saw, D/W seemed to be the clear winners. Anyway, that did nothing to disprove my thoughts on the whole discipline...

Unfortunately Doris seems to be MIA today...though I'm not sure if she could explain it either...

romanoff81

Match Penalty
Virtue and Moir program more difficult better lifts, seriously those boring classical european dances are getting tiresome and D&W have clear flaws in their skating that their fans refuse to see.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
well yes, the LITTLE moments...I think it's perfectly nice program, just the others work better for me:confused2:

Well, I honestly don't remember any moment from D/W's program, just that they are great skaters with a very energetic performance. But they didn't create any magic for me. This is always the case for me with these two teams but last year D/W convinced me they were technically stronger. This year they didn't.