Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice Dance - Free Dance

Was the judging also dodgy when D/W were beating everyone and getting record high PCS? Or is it only off when they don't win?

Personally, I am fine with this result, much as I was secretly hoping that P/B might move up. But they got their medal, Team DSC was super classy, and Krylova/Camerlengo are clearly a force to be reckoned with.

Congratulations to all the medalists!

Custom Title
    even the cameraman/director caught the misstep by Tessa and still they win FD with a margin...

Whippet Good!
    Told you. I have got to remember that it's only figure skating.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Yesterday I was unhappy, today I'm mad. Yesterday you could say V/M outskated D/W, but not today, sorry.

Oh well, it's a beautiful day and I'm going to go walk my dog.

Boo yeah, Canada keeps three spots as expected, hopefully the third one goes to Ralph/Hill again next year and not the insufferable Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier.

they didn't get their SB, though.

Custom Title
    OK, so this ought to shut up Scott's bitching fests. After seeing World's in LA, I've never warmed up to this couple for some reason.

Custom Title
    surprise -surprise--after bitching for past two years regarding losing--see ogm cant handle lost and look at the arrogance-see we can ***** and judges and everyone is afraid to let ogm medalist lose after we complained.
    so lets give up on ice dance and mens because of canadians -lets ***** and we will win, give unprecedented high scores for skating slow, screw ups, and everything else and let call public unknowledgeable -loser, dumb, after all we know how to set it up (rig it ) so we can win-cheat for one we want.

d/w should have won free dance -got rook on score, because of overmarked short v.m. should have won but not but over 4 points only by 1-2 points. at most. yet lets see rigging. skating slow, but than they are part french arent they.

I love V/M but they did not outskate D/W by three points, of course this is just my opinion.

Congratulations to the medalists!
    Last edited by demarinis5; 03-29-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: added Congrats.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Sorry, I really do love and adore Tessa, but Scott really turned me off with his post-GPF cry me a river rant. Very bad sportsmanship from him at that moment!
    It has been D/W fans who have been crying a river.

I watched D/W and appreciated skills their but I felt V/M while marveling at their skills.

Congratulations to all medalists as well as W/P for a wonderful performance.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    s'scandalous, s'politik, s'robbery, s'sorry, couldn't resist!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    they didn't get their SB, though.
    I thought that their performance at GPF was better, so I'm fine with the scores. So happy that they won though!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    I don't think the lowballing of Davis/White has anything to do with Virtue/Moir. I think the recent hinted at reeducation of judges regarding PCS may have involved actual examples and admonitions, and possibly one of the teams being singled out for getting overly high PCS is Davis/White. If this is true, it'd be interesting to see how Patrick Chan gets scored tomorrow. I predict his PCS will be quite a bit lower.

For those who don't think there's something amiss, I remind you again that this is Davis/White's second lowest FD score of the season, after what is their best performance of it (only their disastrous 4CC FD scored slightly lower). Something is amiss here.

Custom Title
    Tessa & Scott's Fred Astaire & Audrey Hepburn (Funny Face) free dance is simply superb. They deserved their victory and were by far the best on the night.

Custom Title
    I can't wait to see Meryl and Charlie's program, which is one of my favorites ever. I don't care if it won a silver instead of a gold; that Fledermaus dance is one for the ages.

At this level of quality, there isn't a way to say who's better overall, D/W or V/M. I'm happy when they're one-two in either order. So this result is cool with me. Isn't it amazing to have two such stunning teams at the same time, and both from North America?

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast