Ice Dance - Free Dance | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance - Free Dance

I'm excited about W/P too after Worlds, but Je Suis Malade is going to be hard to beat. I wonder what Camerlengo has in store for next season. At least two of his programs this season should be engraved on his tombstone and I know I'm forgetting some others. He was everywhere!

heyhey

On the Ice
Weaver and Poje have an excellent chance of overtaking the top two in the olympic year if they win a medal at worlds next year a strong possibility with worlds in Canada, i felt they had much stronger programs than V&M this year they also have better coreographers they just need to up the difficulty in their steps and lifts and they will be there they need a new wow lift.

I think the greatest improvement with W/P this year has been their consistency. Their skating skills have improved but they are still not in the same league as V/M or D/W in terms of edge quality, step sequences, transitions or twizzles as D/W or V/M. Thus that's a tall order to overcome in 2 years. Then you have to ask yourself - have either D/W or V/M really peaked. Another factor - next year the SD - the Yankee Polka can be tricky and can be a game changer next year for several teams....lastly K/C have done a great job in terms of choreography for both W/P and Hubbell/Donohue - but do they have new tricks up their sleeves? Thus I agree that this year Weaver and Poje have established themselves - I still think that they have quite a bit of work to do in overcoming both D/W and V/M. And to not be naive...will Gilles/Poirier throw a monkey wrench down the line....

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Re : G/P and the proverbial monkey wrench...I would bet not..Not unless SC wants to be seen as a complete laughingstock.

I'll be very interested to see what the international judges do with them on the GP next season. If there's any justice we'll see a much greater differential in marks between them and W/P than we saw at our ludicrous championships . I expect G/p to improve , but I don't expect W/P to let up on their dedication to hard work , either ,or to suddenly decide there's nothing left to improve. It's P/I , R/H and even O/W who need to be working harder than ever this summer.