Warm-Up Group 5

25 Artur GACHINSKI RUS

26 Florent AMODIO FRA

27 Yuzuru HANYU JPN

28 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN

29 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP

30 Tomas VERNER CZE

Custom Title
    My concern is if the ice will have an effect on the Men. So far the worst have happened to Pairs Men supporting the weight of their partners, and Trankov has blamed the ice as too fresh and to crack easily. How will happen with Men landing quads with the force of a refrigerator?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    what exactly is wrong with the ice? is it too "icy" (hard)? Is the rink full-size (it seems a few of the pairs got close to the boards

Custom Title
    Good luck Patrick! Don't get nervous! Go to bed early tonight!

Custom Title
    Some say the ice is too soft with water in some spots and Trankov complains it cracked easily and caused his fall.

I hope they are just excuses, or any problem has been resolved.

Whippet Good!
    Frankly, I think it's a bunch of excuses. Other skaters seemed to have no problem with the ice.

Custom Title
    Excuses, I think.

Wish them all best luck!

Custom Title
    Hey Maxim, smart excuses should be personal, not something with universal effect.

Custom Title
    I heard a couple times, skaters mentioned aoubt the ice soft at Grand Prix in Paris, France.

Mao, when she was much tinnier in her mid teens, said she liked the ice in Paris because it was softer. OTOH Shiz mentioned that being in ice rinks in Russia, in general, was just freezing and ice itself was very hard.

Overall, for skaters I coud get to see on big TV screen so far, I saw 'unsecure edges' often.
    I was surprised to see even Aolina, who has great skiating skills, seemd lost her balance here and there, just slightly though.
    Watching Ladies SP, Carolina and Akiko looked somewhat hesitant going into jumps, then popped one.

So I figure, there must be something wrong with the ice. Or the temperature in the area too warm? Coaches do not apprear wearing thick coats at this Worlds, do they?

I do worry about Men today.
    Men tend to jump with their muscle power, and with the impact hitting ice hard by their toes. I donot think soft ice will help these skaters. I fear what's going to happen if they go for quad after quad???
    I agree with SkateFiguring fo that matter.

Custom Title
    I joked in the Pairs SP thread that the French had their own special ice like the Russians for last Worlds. They tried it for TEB and was serving it up again. That was because TEB Men's, touted as the most intense of all GP events, turned into a splatfest, with the exception of Nan Song. So the discussion settled on food being to blame for all the illnesses with Song escaping with his own Chinese food.

As for all the Russian Pairs guys falling and pulling down their partners during the SP, really they all slipped unexpectedly at inopportune times, with no pounding of the ice involved. All jokes and speculations aside, I see no real reasons to worry that the Men would suffer from the ice condition. Being Russian has more to do with it. They have been practicing and hopefully the competition ice is similar to the practice ice.

Have we heard complaints from practices, not after competition mishaps? Or even from others who have competed with or without mishaps? I did see a video of Patrick's practice where he either fell or stepped out of a jump and kept wiping ice chips off his face and eyes afterwards, all the while laughing about it.

Custom Title
    So sad I have work tomorrow and I can't catch the event live T___T wish everyone good luck!!

Rinkside
    The condition of the ice of Nice is the same for all of them. But the environment that they usually train is different. It will be advantageous if resemble the ice which somebody usually uses.
    But I want them to challenge it without flinching.

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    Good luck Patrick! Don't get nervous! Go to bed early tonight!

Banned
    Yikes...I think Patrick has a very, very bad draw. Skating too early is never a good thing whether it's CoP or 6.0. If he skates well, his competitors will go all out to try to catch him. If he skates poorly, I can see his competitors will change strategy and go for clean and safe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blainechan View Post
    Yikes...I think Patrick has a very, very bad draw. Skating too early is never a good thing whether it's CoP or 6.0. If he skates well, his competitors will go all out to try to catch him. If he skates poorly, I can see his competitors will change strategy and go for clean and safe.
    He skated early last year and did fine. There's nothing to worry about - do your best and hope for the best

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast