Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Men SP

Custom Title
    Patrick's strategy is to always stick to his plan. He will just go out to do his thing and if he hits all his jumps he will put a lot of pressure on the others who have to decide to take big risks or not.

He actually saves mental energy while others react to his results and weigh consequences for decision. OTOH, Patrick is usually pretty cool headed during his performance to adjust later jumps in case of any mess up on earlier jump combo. He is well prepared.

The other thing he has to adjust is how much warm up to do since he will be the first in the group to skate. He is quite used to skating last.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blainechan View Post
    Yikes...I think Patrick has a very, very bad draw. Skating too early is never a good thing whether it's CoP or 6.0. If he skates well, his competitors will go all out to try to catch him. If he skates poorly, I can see his competitors will change strategy and go for clean and safe.
    I don't remember seeing him being affected by skating positions. So I'm not worrying about that.

Custom Title
    He skated first at last year's Worlds in the LP, fwiw.

Custom Title
    Patrick's coach will not need to play Old Maid with him tomorrow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    He skated early last year and did fine. There's nothing to worry about - do your best and hope for the best
    That's all he has meanwhile the rest will be able to see how he does and skate accordingly...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I don't remember seeing him being affected by skating positions. So I'm not worrying about that.
    But the others can change strategy and such if he has a bad skate...so he is in the disadvantage position. Last year's different as he was not as dominated as this year... This time around, he's the main target.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Patrick's coach will not need to play Old Maid with him tomorrow.
    and I hope that will not throw him off. Sometimes old habit is hard to change....ok, i'm nervous....so i'm getting less confident...lol

But the others can change strategy and such if he has a bad skate...so he is in the disadvantage position. Last year's different as he was not as dominated as this year... This time around, he's the main target.
    RELAX .... RELAX ..... Ummmmmmm..... Ummm... Ummmm.... don't send him worrying thoughts..

Custom Title
    and I hope that will not throw him off. Sometimes old habit is hard to change....ok, i'm nervous....so i'm getting less confident...lol
    Patrick will do fine tomorrow. He has the best nerves I've seen all year

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    RELAX .... RELAX ..... Ummmmmmm..... Ummm... Ummmm.... don't send him worrying thoughts..

......especially while falling asleep.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Patrick will do fine tomorrow. He has the best nerves I've seen all year
    Let's hope he's not the victim of soft ice or crazy judging... Before World, I thought if he skates like National, he may break his own record. Now, forget about that...he's not going to break any records. I just hope he will skate two good programs. I'm off tomorrow so I can watch it live on Bold, lol.

BTW, if anyone has CBC's Judge for Yourself sheets, PJ is guiding you how to judge each element. It's pretty neat.

I'm going to be a nervous duck tomorrow...maybe I won't be able to watch. Now I know how the parents of each skater feel like....

Custom Title
    I'm going to be a nervous duck tomorrow...maybe I won't be able to watch. Now I know how the parents of each skater feel like....
    Believe me many many fans are nervous for their favorites. Skating fans are the most nervous bunch. It's the high risk nature of the sport.

But not me. Just want some good sleep now. Good night/morning.

Custom Title
    Do not worry too much, blainechan!

At least, Daisuke will never change his jump layout, according to others do/did greatly and/or poorly.
    One of the things he is desperate to achieve at this partucilar Worlds, is to land a clean quad, to be more specific, a clean 4-3 in the short, I believe.
    Me knowing him over the years, you can count on me 200%.

Let's enjoy the nerve-recking (lol') Mens competition, the deepest field with so many talented skaters today, shall we?

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Isuresults website shows the time it starts as 12:30 so does that mean 6:30 am eastern US time?

Banned
    I want a real performance and maybe an upset for the top 3 results for the sp

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast