Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: Men SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    For the first time I don't get the chan fighting. I'm a Dai, Abbott, Taka fan but how can Chan not be first especially since for the first time in like forever he's not 10 plus points ahead of the competition.

I would understand if there was more fighting in the dance thread.
    While I haven't read every post here, it seems to me that the argument going on is over the lack of outrage over Daisuke's "fall" not being called a fall; not over Patrick being in first.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Someone posted him to leave his coach and he said he wouldnt do that and that Mishin is "smarter" than the poster credits him to be
    But fans are smarter and know best what's right for every skater!

Quote Originally Posted by blainechan View Post
    Of course, now it's okay. No more judging bias? No more conspiracy? No more Can Fed pressure from the judge etc accusations that were mentioned by the Chan haters? It's just funny that when the score was related to Chan, all the haters would come all out and made accusations after accusations. Now, all silence.
    Well Dai's unfall today has different meaning to Patrick's earlier unfall. Patrick's unfall was noticed and pounced upon because up until then, one could expect such an 'unfall' to be marked as a fall, and then suddenly the rules appeared to change for Patrick. Once that prescedent had been set, then CoP had to maintain the standard and so today, Dai's fall was marked as 'unfall'. In other words, Patrick's unfall appeared to have occured for Patrick's sake, but Dai's unfall today appears to have been done in order to maintain the image of CoP's objectivity.

So the best thing to level out the field and for Patrick to shed his image as the judge's favorite is for weird and sudden changes in rules to occur to other skaters. Like Amadio! He didn't get -1 deduction for performing to music with words, so that means that henceforth, all skaters can expect songs to be deemed 'unsongs' and no one will get a -1 deduction. If that doesn't occur, then Amadio will be labeled a 'judges' favorite' too.

So if several more incidences like that with other skaters besides Patrick and Amadio occur, where a new precedent in rules magically occurs, then no one can pick on Patrick, see?

Oh dear, I sound so snarky. For what it's worth, I have no gripe with Patrick's score today.
    Last edited by hurrah; 03-30-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    While I haven't read every post here, it seems to me that the argument going on is over the lack of outrage over Daisuke's "fall" not being called a fall; not over Patrick being in first.
    Oh okay thanks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't say him being two points ahead of Brezina is slamming the door shut. It's not 10 points.
    SkateFiguring, I make no claims -- I'm posting my observations and perceptions, and forming my own opinions. In any case, CoP makes it impossible to prove anything and possible to prove everything at the same time. All you who love IJS and the skating of Patrick Chan, REJOICE, you are in figure skating heaven, but don't seem to enjoy it due to being so busy worrying about figure skating hell and so-called "hate" and "hostility."

So it's not 10 points, so they decided this time to make it at least look like a competition for gold. As I said earlier, the only changes the judges seem to have made in this event is to temper the Chanflation with upping the scores a bit for his competitors in order to pull the rug over the fact that yes, Chan is 100% primed (in the judges' minds at least) to win again. Nothing wrong with that if he skates up to the level he normally does at this time of the season. Why obsess so much over my critical comments and humorous take? It is what it is, until it isn't.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Because your purpose is to get even. Somebody did eventually provide a photo in the 4CC SP thread. I watched the CBC at a regular speed and could not tell if it was a fall or not. As I said, you had made me curious, and all I asked was if there was any proof. You could have nicely told me that you already gave a video link, with which I can watch it with slow motion. No hostility is necessary.
    No, my purpose was to point out the huge, constant unfairness of some Takahashi fans toward Chan whenever Chan skated.

I have supplied video before I mentioned it. It was only 5 posts above the post you've quoted. And I thought you must have read it because it was near the post you've cared to quote.

Any way, if you mean you haven't read it before you asked me the picky demand, I'll take it. And I'll say sorry to you if you feel it was hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by flaneur View Post
    De-lurking here.

What I thought was pretty amazing about Chan's SP was his recovery from being off balanced at the start of his one-foot sequence... I mean he basically lost his balance but still had the core strength and the training to complete the sequence on the one foot without an additional push from his other foot... all while maintaining/increasing his speed.
    Thanks for joining us, Flaneur. Welcome to the forum.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I haven't seen Dai's "fall/unfall" today but COP has certain rules about falls and which deserve the mandatory -1 from the final score. For example, Sasha Cohen's fall on the 3flip at the 2006 Olympics LP did not result in a mandatory -1 because her bum and knees never touched the ice. Her 3flutz fall did result in a mandatory -1 though. On the 3flip, she had a fall out and touched down with both of her hands, but not a bum plant fall.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 03-30-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    SkateFiguring, I make no claims -- I'm posting my observations and perceptions, and forming my own opinions. In any case, CoP makes it impossible to prove anything and possible to prove everything at the same time. All you who love IJS and the skating of Patrick Chan, REJOICE, you are in figure skating heaven, but don't seem to enjoy it due to being so busy worrying about figure skating hell and so-called "hate" and "hostility."
    So now you are making declarations of my feelings. Like most declarations about Chan, they are utter untruths.

So it's not 10 points, so they decided this time to make it at least look like a competition for gold. As I said earlier, the only changes the judges seem to have made in this event is to temper the Chanflation with upping the scores a bit for his competitors in order to pull the rug over the fact that yes, Chan is 100% primed (in the judges' minds at least) to win again. Nothing wrong with that if he skates up to the level he normally does at this time of the season. Why obsess so much over my critical comments and humorous take? It is what it is, until it isn't.
    No claims, just observations, perceptions and opinions, eh? The problem is you state your perceptions and opinions as facts and your conjectures as observations.

Custom Title
    PJKwong just mentioned today is Michal Brezina's birthday? That is a heck of a gift he gave for himself

Congrats and happy birthday Michal!

Custom Title
    Happy Birthday Michal! Hope the real gift comes tomorrow when you break free of the 4th place fate.

Custom Title
    Happy Birthday, Michal! Wish you and all skaters the best luck tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Thanks! Good read!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I didn't see anyone supplied any photo proof at 4CC men's SP thread when a multi-paged cries on Chan's "fall" broke out. The photo came in later. And I don't remember anyone called Takahashi fans "the accusers".

If I could find photo later, of course I will bring it here. But I haven't found it yet. I have supplied video here. Also, the slow motion of a video would be better than a photo, don't you think?

My position has never changed:

Chan's pop at 4CC SP should have been a fall. Takahashi's pop this time should have been a fall. too. If Takahashi's wasn't considered as a fall, then they are even. The judges didn't particularly love Chan.

Does this hurt any of you?!
    What the heck are you so upset about? They had the same kind of error and got scored the same way. What do you want? If Dai had got deducted after Patrick didn't, there would be an injustice. What we have now is justice. IMO they both should have been deducted, but it wouldn't be fair for only one to be.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    What the heck are you so upset about? They had the same kind of error and got scored the same way. What do you want? If Dai had got deducted after Patrick didn't, there would be an injustice. What we have now is justice. IMO they both should have been deducted, but it wouldn't be fair for only one to be.
    Goodness, please go to read the previous posts carefully first before you ask! Why should I have to be pushed into defending-myself mode everytime?!

Going back to what I wanted to say:

Maybe because I've read this thread first before I watched Patrick's SP, I think Patrick has skated not bad at all. Not his best skating of course, but he did pay effort on artistry. As I've said before, this is one of the few programs that you could relax and still be in the correct mood and interpretation. I didn't see his nervousness as some posters said. If he had, he hided it well. There was no two-foot landing on his 4T like some earlier posts said. There were some off balances in his final footwork that I, too, am amazed how nicely he has recovered. I agree that this Chan's SP was definitely beatable but the problem was other top skaters, like Takahashi and Abbott who are capable of beating Chan, didn't hold onto their best to beat him. Brezina did great but he wasn't the one who could accomplish that task.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 03-30-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    This is how I feel about it

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast