Men SP | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Men SP

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
The top 3 should be the podium in some order. With Abbott, Kozuka, and Hanyu so far back I dont see anyway they arent. Fernandez is the only one who could still break in but being 6 points back of Brezina and not likely to catch Takahashi it will be hard unless Brezina has a bad skate and Fernandez a very good one. Joubert has a weak LP with a COP unfriendly jump layout and elements, even with a good skate and even home court inflation cant save him.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Adam PCS "weak" you say, compared to Joubert, well I guess that's your perception. :eek: Adam has way more stretch, lines, grace, flexibility and artistry than Joubert. Believe me, I'm not making that up. Joubert has great charm, but he's the old style macho skater (nothing wrong with that when he shakes his tail feather in his home country)!

Yes, much weaker. Watch two performances, who has better IN, PE, SS? Brian. Who has better CH, TR? Adam.
Stretch, line, grace, flex aren't in PCS. I'm not saying you made anything up. You should watch Adam live to be disappointed. He's slow slow slow.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ugh, a lot of soul searching and tear shedding going on in Nice right now, I'm sure. So sad! :cry:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Lol that Chan guy doesn`t even have to break a sweat to win.

As if this is earth-shattering news. Who didn't know that before the event even started??? I guess only PChid's anxious overwrought fans. Be realistic: Sochi Olympic Gold already has Patrick Chan's blades on it.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I believe skatinginbc was being sarcastic, implying some home cooking in the scoring for Florent.

Maybe they use salt water to make the ice in Nice...?

I am dreading the YouTube videos of this, and the thought of the long programs scares the stuffings out of me.

Boeing787

On the Ice
The competition time is the worst the skaters from North America - it's their early morning time. Perfect for Asian skaters - it's their evening time when a competitiom or show generally take place.

Patrick must really want to please his future mother-in-law. He paid Kathy Johnson's trip to worlds. I think Skate Canada only pays one coach's expense.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m happy for Joubert at least:)
I think after all the mess Javier s score is low, didn't he get same at euros with much more mistakes?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Maybe they use salt water to make the ice in Nice...?

I am dreading the YouTube videos of this, and the thought of the long programs scares the stuffings out of me.

Maybe it's gonna happen like 2011 GPF. Mediocre SPs and gorgeous LPs(particularly Daisuke, Yuzuru and Javier were ON at the GPF)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
The top 3 should be the podium in some order. With Abbott, Kozuka, and Hanyu so far back I dont see anyway they arent. Fernandez is the only one who could still break in but being 6 points back of Brezina and not likely to catch Takahashi it will be hard unless Brezina has a bad skate and Fernandez a very good one. Joubert has a weak LP with a COP unfriendly jump layout and elements, even with a good skate and even home court inflation cant save him.

I'm not so sure about this.

If Takahashi isn't on par technically in LP, there is a chance that he could finish off the podium. Same to Brezina. I'm not so worried about Chan because he usually has strong technical content in LP, and could extend the gap between him and the next skater further. Joubert or Fernandez has a great chance to be on the podium.

lavender

Record Breaker
Well I still don't get it because I don't see superstar when NM's students skate with that awful choreography but I guess what matters is that the judges seem to see the illusion...lol

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
museksk8r said:
"SkateFiguring" said:
There are very few actual falls in this event. Hope many people are pleased.
No, not pleased at all. Doubled and singled jumps are more penalized in COP than a fall on a rotated triple or quad, and we saw a lot of popping today, sadly.

But the boisterous outrage and calls for the head have been about the unforgivable falls.

I always say be careful what you wish for. Karma has a wicked sense of humour.

How in the world is Amodio fifth?

The more pertinent question is where in the world, not how.