Men SP | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Men SP

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Wow! Talk about the definition of fall!

Takahashi's pop in SP was as bad as Chan's in 4CC SP, but Takahashi didn't get fall deduction either. So they are even.;)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Originally Posted by Spun Silver:
"...
As for Jeremy... sad... too much entertaining, not enough jumping. I think he just took himself out of medal contention."

Yes, but the entertainment is part of that program and Jeremy has been strong all season in performing and entertaining the heck out of his sp with high technical skills. He didn't have the high technical skills here to go along with the entertaining, but it was not "too much entertaining" it was too less on the execution of his jump content.

I have to agree with you. His entertainment factor is a big reason why he receives deservingly high PCS scores.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It wasn't the best or the worst world's sp for men. I do think and not because they are French, Amodio and Joubert have been "gifted" with some extra marks; maybe karma or justice will be seen in the long program. I think on the positive how hard the men are trying to land the quads; sadly it is kind of the luck of the draw - do I land my quad today like Brezina or not like Gatchinski. I respect Joubert got it done. If he gets his medal here I hope he like his compatriots celebrate and move on. It's not so much I hate them or that they are that stale; they just look very vulnerable and I want to see them go out on top rather than on a stretcher or lifesupport (Dramatic emphasis) the american men are kind of lucky; I think their marks were generous. After seeing what I saw Dai and Chan's marks were fine. I have one gigantic beef why is there so much hatred towards Chan? And why in the heck do people think Dai is so sexy? This is where my opinion clearly differs. Wow Russia is in deep deep deep trouble. I do see Japan and France getting 3 men; I think with Kozuka, Verner and Gatchinski behind Reynolds right now things don't look good for Canada though. I think it might be asking too much to pressure Chan to get first though he could do it.

Snoopy15

On the Ice
Well, waking up at 7 in the morning, only to be disappointed by the judging of Joubert and Amodio. On the other hand, Joubert has had substantial mileage on his LP this season and Amodio... We'll just see what happens.
Interesting Note: Had Daisuke landed the Quad-Triple at Base Value without the Downgrade, his technical score would be 49.09, the highest TES score of the season (And perhaps the highest in skating).
Also, I think the judges are finally starting to mark correctly FOR THE MOST PART. At least Chan's TES is lower than Brezina's.
Additionally, I think the ice is soft, as many skaters made atypical mistakes (Ex. Kozuka's Triple Axel, Hanyu's Triple Lutz, Abbott's Triple Toe)
Overall, disappointing SP, hope the judging and the skating goes better.

blainechan

Match Penalty
As if this is earth-shattering news. Who didn't know that before the event even started??? I guess only PChid's anxious overwrought fans. Be realistic: Sochi Olympic Gold already has Patrick Chan's blades on it.

Chan skated good, not great. Beatable. The other skaters couldn't capitalize it. It's not his fault, is it? It's more like some people were counting on him falling 3 times must be real disappointed.

bestskate8

On the Ice
To be honest though, Lysacek withdrew and didn't compete in the 2008 Worlds and neither did Plushenko. The only Olympic medalist present at those Worlds was Takahashi, who finished 4th.

Right, you just confirm the statistic I posted above.

For example Joubert medal at every worlds before Oly 2010, but not in Vancouver.

blainechan

Match Penalty
I'm not so sure about this.

If Takahashi isn't on par technically in LP, there is a chance that he could finish off the podium. Same to Brezina. I'm not so worried about Chan because he usually has strong technical content in LP, and could extend the gap between him and the next skater further. Joubert or Fernandez has a great chance to be on the podium.

Even if Dai's TES are not great, I'm sure his PCS will hold him up to the podium. Brezina...destinated to be 4th, lol

skatinginbc

Medalist
Well I still don't get it because I don't see superstar when NM's students skate with that awful choreography but I guess what matters is that the judges seem to see the illusion...lol
Judges go through extensive training. I don't think they would fall for the illusion so easily, the illusion that even casual fans can detect one mile away. I start to suspect it is not about Mozorov's choreography but, instead, about his political connections. It's just my theory (perhaps unfounded).

Boeing787

On the Ice

Takahashi's pop in SP was as bad as Chan's in 4CC SP, but Takahashi didn't get fall deduction either. So they are even.;)

Precisely. A fall is defined as at least 50% of the body weight is not on the feet. So if Patrick's is considered a fall which I think should be, so should Dai's. Sadly this won't silence Chan-haters at all.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Interesting Note: Had Daisuke landed the Quad-Triple at Base Value without the Downgrade, his technical score would be 49.09, the highest TES score of the season (And perhaps the highest in skating).
Also, I think the judges are finally starting to mark correctly FOR THE MOST PART. At least Chan's TES is lower than Brezina's.

This is non-sense!

Precisely. A fall is defined as at least 50% of the body weight is not on the feet. So if Patrick's is considered a fall which I think should be, so should Dai's. Sadly this won't silence Chan-haters at all.

When the exact same thing happened to their beloved skater, all turned blind and silent!:rolleye:

Last edited:

skatinginbc

Medalist
Have you got the pictures yet? You're spreading the suspicion, and yes, which makes me curious. Can you give us the proof? They are not even unless there is proof.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Judges go through extensive training. I don't think they would fall for the illusion so easily, the illusion that even casual fans can detect one mile away. I start to suspect it is not about Mozorov's choreography but, instead, about his political connections. It's just my theory (perhaps unfounded).

I think your theory has merit. I don't know how any plausible judge judging fairly could give Amodio a 9 for categories like SS and CH like that one judge tonight. If Amodio receives a 9 in those categories, a skater like Takahashi should receive an 11 or 12.

FTnoona

Final Flight
I am pleasantly surprised to see Brezina up in 2nd place :clap:. Other than the take off to his jumps where he sometimes bends really low at the waist, i love his jumping. I really like his Japanese kodo drums program. Wonder if he'll be able to hold it in the free.
Dai shouldn't have tried to tack on that 3T. Is he known for being stubborn too like Mao is with her 3A? :think:

blainechan

Match Penalty

Neh, they will NEVER be even. Chan's 4CC SP WILL ALWAYS be seen as a 'fall', they have CSI pictures to prove it! It's a fall! How dare those judges missed it. Dai's World SP...what fall? Huh? Nope, nobody saw it.