Men SP | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Men SP

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
The Americans just aren't with it in Nice...smh.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Geez, what's going on with this entire competition. Can any of the top single skaters from the GPF do a clean performance? All we've got is Leonova (3rd at GPF) and Brezina (6th). What kind of curse is this?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Sometimes someone gets caught in the bad luck position. I think this year it is Kevin Reynolds there are like three skaters ahead of him that I would have placed him above though i admit I dont like his skating. Abbott, rippon easily could have and maybe should have if not by odds at least one of them behind Reynolds. Maybe its the hair; luscious curls versus pippylongstocking meets a blender??? Sorry not nice. On dai it works (I think I like Dai with longer hair but whatever).

lavender

Record Breaker
Man what's been going on in practice for the Sato/Dungjen team.

I don't think Nationals will be as kind anymore to Alissa and Jeremy. Jeremy is lucky there's really no one else at Nationals that's on his level.

I agree this whole competition in all disciplines have been weird and not really that fun.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kevin VAN DER PERREN (BEL)

Music: The Feeling Begins by Peter Gabriel
Incantation from "Quidam" (Cirque du Soleil)

3T+3T - planned a quad-triple
2A - another pop
3Lz
CCSp
CCoSp
SlSt
FSSp - a bit shaky flying entrance

blainechan

Match Penalty
So why's there NO -1 deduction for Dai? Oh, so I guess that's NOT a fall then? LOL
When Chan had the similar touch down at 4CC, people went crazy about the judging, the conspiracy theories, taking pix to prove "it's a fall" blah blah blah
but now, it seems like the same thing happened to Dai...but people are getting quiet, or pretend it didn't happen? LOL

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Geez, what's going on with this entire competition. Can any of the top single skaters from the GPF do a clean performance? All we've got is Leonova (3rd at GPF) and Brezina (6th). What kind of curse is this?

Chan was clean. Flawed but clean.

*waiting for claims of fall equivalents*

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good job, Kev, what a comeback from that heartbreaking withdrawal from Euros a few mos. ago. You can hold your head high. :cool:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Jeremy doubling that solo 3lutz was a super expensive mistake. Not only does he get the miserable base value of a 2lutz instead, but he gets the maximum -GOE for failing a required element (either a triple or quadruple out of steps is required).

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I don't know. I would have given his quad a -2 or -1 and his footwork a -1 as well. Semantics, perhaps. But yes, flawed is the better word in this instance.

seniorita

Record Breaker
They should have -1 for Daisuke here as well as for Chan in 4cc. I dont know which camera angle again didnt catch Daisuke fall.
His pcs deserved higher though.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The Americans just aren't with it in Nice...smh.

Well they are being held up so they still have a chance. And as much as we said Abbott can win gold we said he could struggle for top ten too. How many flukes can we have ie Brezina - capable of quads but not always delivered. I mean Dai did his, Joubert did his, Chan usually the most consistent got one in what are the "odds" that all the lets hope we land it like Abbott, Kevin VDP and all will land it Abbott can sitll come back. Three men is still a possibility but looking at the men you can see the problem its possible a Chan could be out of the top 5 with talents like Joubert, Verner, Brezina, Tak,kozuka, hanyu, Fernandez, Abbott, Amodio all possibly able to beat him. Look at that list and you can understand why top ten is hard. This doesn't include the absent Plushenko.

blainechan

Match Penalty
Chan was clean. Flawed but clean.

*waiting for claims of fall equivalents*

It seems like no matter how Chan AND OTHERS were skated, Chan's score is the only bad judging from the judges :rolleye:
Meanwhile, so convenience for the people who complained about Chan's no -1 deduction at 4CC to forget that Dai's not getting -1 deduction as well.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Jeremy has the 12th placed TES but saved by 3rd placed PCS. Patrick, Dai, and Abbott in the 40+ club. Only other possible member is Fernandez but I doubt it serously.

So why's there NO -1 deduction for Dai? Oh, so I guess that's NOT a fall then? LOL
When Chan had the similar touch down at 4CC, people went crazy about the judging, the conspiracy theories, taking pix to prove "it's a fall" blah blah blah
but now, it seems like the same thing happened to Dai...but people are getting quiet, or pretend it didn't happen? LOL
No. If it's not a fall with Chan, it's not a fall with Dai. Do you disagree?

Back to Jeremy... I had a bad feeling about all that suspender play from the first time I saw this program. I remember posting, "Forget the d*** suspenders! You have more important things to worry about!"