Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Men SP

Custom Title
    Doubled his triple too.

Custom Title
    Dai should have went for a 2T or a 3Lz-3T and he would have been first...But he landed a quad, there's a small victory there for him

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I've come to the conclusion that Worlds for Jeremy are like Olympics for Kurt Browning. They just do not get along! *sigh*

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)

Music: Bei mir bist du schoen by Benny Goodman
    Swing Kids (soundtrack) by various composers

3F+3T - fall, oh no!
    3A - good
    CSSp
    2Lz - bad landing
    FUSp
    SlSt
    CCoSp

Abbott not on with the jumps tonight... Those mistakes are gonna cost him.

Banned
    Once again...Abbott just doesn't have it in international competition.

Fun jazzy skate from Jeremy.

Custom Title
    Not surprised, as I expected, but great comeback with the 3axel, and dang Jeremy has some skills. Still the greatest American Male Skater I've ever seen in my life. And I love to watch him skate too.

skating philosopher
    Tough week for team Sato/Dungen...

ETA: It does look like the 4-3 was rotated, so he should get full credit, minus the -3 GOE and fall.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Brezina does not have great presentation skills -- he skated welll but that's an overly high score for him too. Guess this judging panel didn't get Lakernik's message.
    I agree unless he really had some breakthrough on his skating skills, presentation..etc. This is coming from someone who was a fan when he was a junior. I'm not a Patrick fan but unless Brezina has improve in the pcs area then how could they be that close.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Neutral here. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Brenzia is only two points behind and he has big tricks in his LP. Daisuke can easily make up the 4 point margin too.
    Brezina is loved by judges, esp. when he lands everything, but he's over-scored on PCS. Brezina could medal, but he will not knock Chan off the top of the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by blainechan View Post
    Once again...Abbott just doesn't have it in international competition.
    Except sometimes at GP Finals

Gah, Jeremy...

Still loved watching the skate.

Custom Title
    Wow we have a race and there is still Kozuka, Fernandez and abbott who could win the short realistically or potentially Everyone is picking up their game though i do think if not statistically one of the big skater has to bomb 0r not has to will. The usual suspects - well actually all of them Chan, Tak, Kozuka, Abbott, Fernandez, Joubert, Brezina, verner all can skate brilliantly or crash some do it more. Poor Kevin VDP. Its like all these superstars and then him. Nice guy but even if he lands the quad - pcs. What is it that people suddenly land their quads at worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Neutral here. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Brenzia is only two points behind and he has big tricks in his LP. Daisuke can easily make up the 4 point margin too.
    Brezina will probably tank in the LP, and no way Daisuke can make up a 4point margin no matter how he skates unless Chan really, really bombs (remember the GPF?), which I doubt he will.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Dang, now that's a true artist, he skates from the inside out, just FABULOUS!

It's like watching a performance, not a competition, totally organic. I just LOVE to watch him skate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    THAT was art on ice. Learn it Chan!
    Dai is in a class by himself - the focus, the gorgeous program, the fitness level (he looks like a bionic man), the craziness trying to add a triple to his quad when it's the first time he even landed a quad in international competition recently... crazy and incomparable. This is skating!!

As for Jeremy... sad... too much entertaining, not enough jumping. I think he just took himself out of medal contention.

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast