Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Men SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Uh, there are 6 more skaters in the SP; that's definitely NOT a given at this point.
    Penultimate, means group next to last. Even if all remaining skaters beat Abbott, he will be in 12th place which will place him in the "penultimate group."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    Being current champ doesn't means he can't learn from anyone else!
    So what should Dai learn from Chan then?

Custom Title
    Let's hope that Chan pulls off another 4CC LP to shake off his SP nervousness!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blainechan View Post
    With the mess that Abbott had, his PCS sure held him up nicely. 3rd highest PCS so far IS A BIG JOKE!
    And just like clockwork, a hypocritical Chan fan dictates to others that they can't criticize Patrick's marks, but then has no qualms with criticizing the marks of another skater. Jeremy IS a terrific skater; he just isn't the best competitor by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    What's even more disheartening is that this SP layout was supposed to be his safe plan as opposed to the 4T+3T attempt. It's like after the brilliance that was Nationals, the lights went out. I don't know if it's mental where he goes into Nationals knowing he's the best one there and that he can win and therefore allows his body to do it, but then he steps onto World Championship ice knowing there's huge doubt that he can win and then he blocks himself from giving his best performance. Also, I have to wonder if his back problems may be more severe than were let on.
    must be because he did so badly at the hague, alissa and jeremy may be injured i'm guessing

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Going clean in figure skating has never just meant not falling, it means not making any deductible errors. Spinning out on the quad and the badly controlled footwork sequence start are both errors requiring deductions. If not falling is the sole determinant of going clean, then almost all the skaters went clean so far.
    Besides what you just mentioned, I think Chan's performance was flat, nervous and tight, not convincingly playful as the music required. Yet strangely he has the highest scores so far in IN, PE, and CH, all better than Dai's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Who else besides Chan and Takahashi had the intricate choreography, transitions, and skating skills Abbott has?
    You see, when Chan made mistakes, some people thought his PCS should reflect on that as well. I'd like to know from those people why it's not reflect on Abbott's PCS?

Custom Title
    Maybe the Americans will start looking elsewhere to save figure skating in the US instead of putting all the blame on COP.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    Isn't Dai already a champ

Anyway, I"m done with this agrument.
    I am not done yet since you belittle Patrick Chan like this. Dai WAS a Champ, but not anymore.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Maybe the Americans will start looking elsewhere to save figure skating in the US instead of putting all the blame on COP.
    That's a thought!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Let's hope that Chan pulls off another 4CC LP to shake off his SP nervousness!
    I think he can do it. I think SP is always more scary than LP. As they always say, you can't win the SP, but can lose it. Now that SP is done, I'm sure he will be more calm and skate well in LP.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Where else will they look, Jeremy was the best at Nationals. Nobody is even close right now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I don't know what to say, but I can't disagree with you. It's not that the rest of the world has passed us by. If we had skaters who were merely competent but largely reliable, then we could say that. But so many of our top-ranked singles skaters (some with real talent) seem to crumble like a sugar sculpture in a rainstorm. I do wish Davis/White would get more prominence, because they're stunning representatives of American sport. But I also wish we could find someone with a bit of drive and calm who was also good at singles skating.

Really, instead of having Yuka Sato attempt to coach American skaters, she should just come back as a competitive skater and skate for the U.S. She's married to an American, after all. Maybe she has a U.S. passport by now.
    I'd take competent and reliable any day at this point. Angela Nikodinov and Matt Savoie, both solid and steady, but frequent also rans in the last decade behind the big stars, would be utterly dominant US champions if they went up against this lot. Not flashy, but way better competitors than this crew.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Besides what you just mentioned, I think Chan's performance was flat, nervous and tight, not convincingly playful as the music required. Yet strangely he has the highest scores so far in IN, PE, and CH, all better than Dai's.
    ^^ This.

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast