Men SP | Page 37 | Golden Skate

Men SP

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nice Worlds is always disaster for Mishin students..Mishin said after sp that Arthur was not in top form when he arrived, that he is more emotional than Liza and Plu and on top of that he changed boots recently, thats a bad choise
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/3951.html

I love all your "informative" posts, seniorita, keep them coming. :)

It's funny that Mishin said that because that's exactly what I was thinking when I logged on just now, that is Artur is too emotional, not really a good thing when it comes to Giants in the sport, and I'm thinking someone like Bjorn Borg (whom has always reminded me of Evgeni Plushenko btw). I recall watching a special on John McEnroe & BB not too long ago, and what stood out to me (besides the iconic worship McEnroe has for BB; like he's in love with him, lol, probably because they're complete opposites) was that John said Bjorn was like Superman ~ he would change from Clark Kent into Superman. This is what I've always thought as well, John put it perfectly, Bjorn was calm/cool/collected, like 007, nothing and I mean NOTHING ever got to him. He went from Clark Kent into Superman in the bat of an eye. This is what Artur needs to do, he needs to study Evgeni and his demeanor, or at the very least keep his emotions in check. Unfortunately in that regard he's reminding me of Brian Joubert, whom after a bad skate does exactly like Artur did today, grabs his head, looks down at the ground, and beats himself up. I remember at the 2010 Olympics Elvis Stojko was PO'ed at Brian for doing that. Because Elvis, like Zhenya, knows how to focus and be calm/cool/collected/in control, whilst at the same time smiling. Michelle Kwan was like that as well. :)

Off topic, Camerlengo said in Rai2 he will choreograph Plush ? Its quoted all over on twitter. Can someone confirm it? I ll die now.

Love this piece of info., but then I went and looked up whom Camerlengo is and wasn't too excited: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasquale_Camerlengo The only programs I really enjoyed of his are the ones he did for Daisuke Takahashi. To tell the truth, I'd rather Shae-Lynn Bourne choreograph for Zhenya. I love her work. :cool: What she did for Jeremy Abbott ranks as one of my all-time favorites, as well as her work with Kevin Reynolds. :)^)

^ He is a great athlete but just to point out that many skaters did the same today, adding the combo elsewhere.

Arthur says on his fb page that he doesnt intend to leave Mishin because of a disaster, and he takes the blame on him
it was my fault. Not mishin fault. I'm weak

Ay yi yi, this is what I was talking about earlier... :disapp:

Someone posted him to leave his coach and he said he wouldnt do that and that Mishin is "smarter" than the poster credits him to be

True. :cool:

emma

Record Breaker
So....if a skater says he will do a lutz in his program, but actually does a flip, shouldn't the judges judge the flip? I mean, there is nothing in the rules that says the planned program content is part of what is judged, the rules are written to evaluate what actually happens on the ice, right?

and, of course, this is actually a more interesting question in a LP where skaters are likely to repeat a planned element....but if they flip an intended lutz in the short, I would think it is the actual jump, the flip, that is scored...but if I'm suddenly feeling doubtful.....

Nadine

Record Breaker
ps: in regards to Artur, I wanted to add he reminded me of that scene in the Godfather today, wherein Don Corleone's godson comes to him saying "Godfather Godfather what can I do" (wahhh), and Don Corleone says "first of all you can act like a man! [slap]", "what's the matter with you", "a man that cries like a woman", "ahahah what can I do, what can I do". :biggrin:

Seriously, Artur needs to grow up and act like a MAN.

EricRohmer

On the Ice
I enjoyed the most Chan & Abbott‘s performances.
A SS-god & an artist.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I must say I really enjoyed Brian Joubert's SP! What an entertainer and showman he is! Such charisma and sexiness! Like Peter Carruthers, I was wondering why Chan was marked as high above Brian as he was for his SP performance, which had some out of balance moments and the mistake on the quad. I can agree than Chan should be in 1st right now, but the point spread between him and the other competitors should be closer for what he put out in the SP.

Isn't a wrong-edged Flip a Lutz, and a wrong-edged Lutz a flip?:confused:

It seems to be the consensus on this board that either jump can take off from either edge. If you do a three turn entrance you have done a flip and if you do a long straight entrance, that's a Lutz.

(There is a solution to this dilemma, but no one in the ISU is interested. ;) )

blainechan

Match Penalty
This Chan hater has to chime in here since I'm used in this argument. I said Chan fell because he had been called for off balance poses without actually falling before. But it was up to the Tech Panel of each event. They didn't call it a fall. I accepted it just as I accepted the severe calls at other events. But the discussion of the whole event became focused on that one call and went on and on like the only thing that happened at 4CC, creating and sustaining the claim that Chan always won with multiple falls whereas the fact of the matter was he didn't have a called fall and he skated way better than anybody else in both programs to win the event decidedly. The beloved runner up Takahashi had a real fall and other serious flaws but that was ignored while the myth was perpetuated that Chan won undeservedly and uglily yet again. Same way Takahashi's even more frequent falls are ignored, kept mum about, with no CSI pics splashed everywhere, while Chan's every mistake is multiplied and propagated like wild fire.

So Dai's similar "fall" was not called today and I along with everyone else accepted that. I am consistent. It's the inconsistency of many others that is being called out though not by me. I didn't participate in the 4CC debate on Chan's "fall" and don't intend to debate on Dai's "fall" today either. But since I was named as the instigator of the 4CC debate which is still used in Patrick's reputation smearing and well incorporated into his CV and long list of sins, I should clear my stand and the part I played. Unlike Patrick, I'm on this board and choose to speak for myself with verifiable records.

:agree: You have said it better than me. Another "hot topic" was that whenever Chan fell, people questioned why his PCS did not reflect that, why he got held up so much (which is not true). Yet, like this World SP, Abbott and Dai made mistakes and their PCS were equally high and did not reflect their errors, yet, people kept very quiet about it.

blainechan

Match Penalty
Well Dai's unfall today has different meaning to Patrick's earlier unfall. Patrick's unfall was noticed and pounced upon because up until then, one could expect such an 'unfall' to be marked as a fall, and then suddenly the rules appeared to change for Patrick. Once that prescedent had been set, then CoP had to maintain the standard and so today, Dai's fall was marked as 'unfall'. In other words, Patrick's unfall appeared to have occured for Patrick's sake, but Dai's unfall today appears to have been done in order to maintain the image of CoP's objectivity.
Yeah, sure, how convenience eh? whatever...lol

So the best thing to level out the field and for Patrick to shed his image as the judge's favorite is for weird and sudden changes in rules to occur to other skaters.
Chan's judges' favorite was CREATED by the haters. All the judging bias, all the "Chan's judges pet", all the Canadian Fed giving pressure to the judges etc were all accusations made up by the haters. There's no truth on any of these.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
It seems to be the consensus on this board that either jump can take off from either edge. If you do a three turn entrance you have done a flip and if you do a long straight entrance, that's a Lutz.

(There is a solution to this dilemma, but no one in the ISU is interested. ;) )

Continue, Math! It's interesting to some fans, like me. So you mean that the flip jump and lutz jump are not only having to be on the correct edge take off, but also having to meet the criteria of the different entrances?

blainechan

Match Penalty
What the heck are you so upset about? They had the same kind of error and got scored the same way. What do you want? If Dai had got deducted after Patrick didn't, there would be an injustice. What we have now is justice. IMO they both should have been deducted, but it wouldn't be fair for only one to be.

So according to you, now they are even, right?
How about those accusations that Chan's judges' pet? So is Dai's judges' pet too? How about Can Fed giving pressures to the judges. So is JPN Fed doing the same? How about Chan's judges' fave? Dai is too then right?

blainechan

Match Penalty
Has anyone seen the protocols? Just watched CBC's broadcast and Patrick was off balance on his one foot ss and put a foot down. So he wouldnt get level 4 for that. I'm probably stating something that everybody already knows lol.

I thought he was off balance too....and then I thought was that intentional? I wasn't sure. But during his interview, he said it's intentional?

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I thought he was off balance too....and then I thought was that intentional? I wasn't sure. But during his interview, he said it's intentional?

Chan didn't say it was intentional.:) He said, according to this
“I slipped off the edge on the first edge going forwards,” explained the skater, “and then I tried to get my balance back by turning backwards and I ended up being more off balance. So I had to put my foot down. It was supposed to be my one-foot sequence, but I decided to put a foot down, just to play it safe.”

“I was worried about the level,” he continued. “I am not that technical. I feared that I lost the entire footwork and I was a bit upset, but when I learned that it was only downgraded to level three, I felt a lot better. And the crowd really got into it, despite my stumble, so it was a bit funny.”

Another "hot topic" was that whenever Chan fell, people questioned why his PCS did not reflect that, why he got held up so much (which is not true). Yet, like this World SP, Abbott and Dai made mistakes and their PCS were equally high and did not reflect their errors, yet, people kept very quiet about it.

Oh, I don't think that's accurate at all. The issue of whether errors on technical elements should affect program component scores has been debated with vigor since before Patrick Chan came on the scene, and will continue to be debated long after he has retired.

All skaters are subject to the peculiarities of the CoP. not just one.

blainechan

Match Penalty
Oh, I don't think that's accurate at all. The issue of whether errors on technical elements should affect program component scores has been debated with vigor since before Patrick Chan came on the scene, and will continue to be debated long after he has retired.

All skaters are subject to the peculiarities of the CoP. not just one.

Well, I don't see much debate about Abbott getting the 3rd highest PCS despite a big mistake. :think: