Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Men SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Maybe they use salt water to make the ice in Nice...?

I am dreading the YouTube videos of this, and the thought of the long programs scares the stuffings out of me.
    Maybe it's gonna happen like 2011 GPF. Mediocre SPs and gorgeous LPs(particularly Daisuke, Yuzuru and Javier were ON at the GPF)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    The top 3 should be the podium in some order. With Abbott, Kozuka, and Hanyu so far back I dont see anyway they arent. Fernandez is the only one who could still break in but being 6 points back of Brezina and not likely to catch Takahashi it will be hard unless Brezina has a bad skate and Fernandez a very good one. Joubert has a weak LP with a COP unfriendly jump layout and elements, even with a good skate and even home court inflation cant save him.
    I'm not so sure about this.

If Takahashi isn't on par technically in LP, there is a chance that he could finish off the podium. Same to Brezina. I'm not so worried about Chan because he usually has strong technical content in LP, and could extend the gap between him and the next skater further. Joubert or Fernandez has a great chance to be on the podium.

Custom Title
    Well I still don't get it because I don't see superstar when NM's students skate with that awful choreography but I guess what matters is that the judges seem to see the illusion...lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Is he from France?
    Lol, mais oui

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r
    Quote Originally Posted by "SkateFiguring"
    There are very few actual falls in this event. Hope many people are pleased.
    No, not pleased at all. Doubled and singled jumps are more penalized in COP than a fall on a rotated triple or quad, and we saw a lot of popping today, sadly.
    But the boisterous outrage and calls for the head have been about the unforgivable falls.

I always say be careful what you wish for. Karma has a wicked sense of humour.

How in the world is Amodio fifth?
    The more pertinent question is where in the world, not how.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    As if this is earth-shattering news. Who didn't know that before the event even started??? I guess only PChid's anxious overwrought fans. Be realistic: Sochi Olympic Gold already has Patrick Chan's blades on it.
    Oh for gods sake, he rightly deserves to be in first.

Can't get over how wrong this short went for certain skaters...

Well I'm happy I was introduced to Kim Lucine at least. Off to watch his short again.

Custom Title
    Looks like russia doesn't want to send Gachinski to Worlds next year, with one spot only, it will be Plushenko.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    Based solely on the descriptions and not having seen video of anyone, there's no question Patrick did deserve his placement today. I'll have to see videos and protocols to determine if he deserved his actual scores in my opinion.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    As if this is earth-shattering news. Who didn't know that before the event even started??? I guess only PChid's anxious overwrought fans. Be realistic: Sochi Olympic Gold already has Patrick Chan's blades on it.
    Then why are you still watching?! To seek for yourself a bad mood everytime?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Then why are you still watching?! To seek for yourself a bad mood everytime?
    Don't deprive him.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    Not a fan but I totally agree.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Based solely on the descriptions and not having seen video of anyone, there's no question Patrick did deserve his placement today. I'll have to see videos and protocols to determine if he deserved his actual scores in my opinion.
    Huh??

Custom Title

Brezina was incredible! Loved it!

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast