Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 758

Thread: Men SP

  1. #646
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Phil's take on the Men's SP

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...7803077.column

    This thread has gotten a bit hostile, it was so cheery earlier...

    The "cheeriness" was probably in anticipation of the top skaters performing well, but that went off track awhile ago. I guess thanks for the link. I hope Adam is not deluding himself by saying that his sp is "the best" he skated all season. That is definitely not true. The quoted post-sp responses from Adam and Jeremy do not sound promising. But at least Hersh is not blaming USFS -- or maybe he is a little for their agreeing to send Jeremy to the Challenge Cup. I hope Adam and Jeremy are able to take the huge weight off their shoulders.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 03-30-2012 at 12:32 PM.

  2. #647
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,352
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Thanks, I need to watch again, as the report on yahoo says his footwork was "shaky"
    Yes he was off balance twice during his one foot FW but amazingly stayed on his one foot and continued faster than others' two footed stroking. I don't know how he did that! I think that was the major cause for his lower than usual PCS.

    My original comment right after his skate, before others commented, was that he was good but beatable. It was an observation and not a reaction to later skaters and posters. But his rivals, with the advantage of skating later, did not step up when he left the door open.

  3. #648
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Y...

    My original comment before others' was that he was good but beatable. It was an observation and not a reaction to later skaters and posters. But his rivals, with the advantage of skating later, did not step up when he left the door open.
    Patrick may have left the door slightly ajar with his minor problems, but the judges' scoring sure slammed it shut.

  4. #649
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701
    Dai's Steps is the best in the world.

  5. #650
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Patrick may have left the door slightly ajar with his minor problems, but the judges' scoring sure slammed it shut.
    Whoa, better back up your claim. Prove how the judges slammed it shut, which is a clear implication of unfair judging and favoritism. Prove with real executions and real marks, not your personal opinions and declarations please.

  6. #651
    Custom Title hurrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,147
    I think I would quality as a 'Chan-Hater' because I thought Patrick fell at 4CC. I also thought Dai fell today. So did Honda Takeshi, who was commentating today and also Dai's jump coach. He said that Dai would get a -1 deduction before the scores came out.

    IMO, Patrick fell at 4CC and Dai fell today. But if judges are going to say that Patrick didn't fall at 4CC, then it's only fair to mark Dai's fall today as an unfall.

  7. #652
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701
    Somebody put a fork in Kozuka. He's done. He's just like Oda but with even less consistency. Oda's problem is he can't count. Kozuka's problem is he can't skate.
    Japan only has one real champion and one on the rise.

  8. #653
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Skater Boy, calm down, perhaps your fav, Dai, will be on the podium. Certainly Patrick Chan will -- cuz if he doesn't the world may come to an end, and his ubers will jump off a cliff (post-Chan fail, pre-Rapture), or at least the alternate reality might end. Like I've heard it said before, "It's only figure skating." Lighten up.

    ETA: Just mentioning Patrick Chan's name in the same sentence with a criticism in the minds' of some equals hate/ hostility. But critiques of other skaters and of the sport are okay for me and others to mention, so long as Patrick is not mentioned, right?
    No, even if Chan doesn't win, I'm sure no Chan fan will jump off the cliff.

  9. #654
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by flaneur View Post
    De-lurking here.

    What I thought was pretty amazing about Chan's SP was his recovery from being off balanced at the start of his one-foot sequence... I mean he basically lost his balance but still had the core strength and the training to complete the sequence on the one foot without an additional push from his other foot... all while maintaining/increasing his speed.
    And he managed to make me question if that's intentional or just off balance....I'm still not sure...

  10. #655
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    I went back and read the 4cc men's SP thread. The "multi-paged cries" were started by SkateFiguring the "Chan-hater" who mentioned "He (Chan) fell on 4T", which ignited other posters' interest about the definition of fall and then about whether Chan's two-hand down was a fall. It was a natural progression of conversation, unlike some people here are mindfully looking for something to get even. When a poster said it (4CC SP) was a corrupt judging, Skatinginbc the "Chan-hater" responded, "It was not a clear-cut butt-on-ice fall, and so I can accept a certain degree of subjectivity."
    The more the label "Chan-haters" is used, the more Chan-haters there are. Let's all call each other "Chan-hater" so we can all live in peace.
    SkateFiguring was merely reporting what she saw on computer screen immidiately after it happened. I think she took the position like my and Pogue's which was Chan's 4T was a fall if you ask her her own opinion. But the judges ruled otherwise. She is not the judge. There is no point to go into details in 4CC. My point is I've never seen you demanding anyone, or anyone demanding it for that matter, to supply a photo where there was a video there already. Why are you so picky this time round when someone talked about Takahashi's pop was as bad as Chan's?!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 03-30-2012 at 12:50 PM.

  11. #656
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Nice Worlds is always disaster for Mishin students..Mishin said after sp that Arthur was not in top form when he arrived, that he is more emotional than Liza and Plu and on top of that he changed boots recently, thats a bad choise
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/3951.html

  12. #657
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    I went back and read the 4cc men's SP thread. The "multi-paged cries" were started by SkateFiguring the "Chan-hater" who mentioned "He (Chan) fell on 4T", which ignited other posters' interest about the definition of fall and then about whether Chan's two-hand down was a fall. It was a natural progression of conversation, unlike some people here are mindfully looking for something to get even. When a poster said it (4CC SP) was a corrupt judging, Skatinginbc the "Chan-hater" responded, "It was not a clear-cut butt-on-ice fall, and so I can accept a certain degree of subjectivity."
    The more the label "Chan-haters" is used, the more Chan-haters there are. Let's all call each other "Chan-hater" so we can all live in peace.
    Come on, there must be more than ONE poster raising that accusation. And can you blame some people here looking to "get even" as you put that way. Or I'd say to see if Dai got the same criticism as Chan did. Of course it'd not have the same effect as it will NEVER be even. Chan's 4CC will always be known as a fall meanwhile Dai's not.

  13. #658
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Whoa, better back up your claim. Prove how the judges slammed it shut, which is a clear implication of unfair judging and favoritism. Prove with real executions and real marks, not your personal opinions and declarations please.
    Come on, you expect rationale from him/her? You see, some like to keep saying Chan's score is inflated, the more they say, the more they believe is true.

  14. #659
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    The way the top skaters are marked I would say Chan marks are just on the spot.
    I d argue Daisuke pcs could be higher, Javier's marks same as Brezina, but thats nothing to do with Chan. Brezina marks surprised me, I thought he would be around 84-85.
    Somewhere in the middle pack I lost it, for Kozuka, and Arthur and Rippon I d expect higher.

    Off topic, Camerlengo said in Rai2 he will choreograph Plush ? Its quoted all over on twitter. Can someone confirm it? I ll die now.
    Last edited by seniorita; 03-30-2012 at 12:53 PM.

  15. #660
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by flaneur View Post
    De-lurking here.

    What I thought was pretty amazing about Chan's SP was his recovery from being off balanced at the start of his one-foot sequence... I mean he basically lost his balance but still had the core strength and the training to complete the sequence on the one foot without an additional push from his other foot... all while maintaining/increasing his speed.
    Ita. it was amazing he was even smiling/amused. very cute and adorable. that's confidence on his training/ability.

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •