Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: Men SP

Custom Title
    Did I say I loved Abbott's this SP before? It was wonderful! I don't think Abbott's PCS was gifted. He deserved that much! Too bad that he had that unsually 3-3 fall and doubled his normally solid 3Lz. Otherwise, it was a great skate. The flare and the sparks were almost all there. Good for him that he didn't give up after the jump mistakes. But the jump mistakes were too costly. I'm even more sad for him after actually watching his skate.

I like Brezina but I dislike everything in this SP from costume to the choreography, except that beautiful 4S!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 03-30-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    That's what I've been hoping for all along! (Although I was hoping for Abbott's podium finish too. But now it's impossible.)
    I thought Brian has a shot for podium! But bronze most likely.

Custom Title
    Last edited by Boeing787; 03-30-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Custom Title
    I think the likely podium finish may be like last year: the best skater wins, someone steps up to take Silver, and Bronze goes to a homie.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I think the likely podium finish may be like last year: the best skater wins, someone steps up to take Silver, and Bronze goes to a homie.
    If that is the combination...then Patrick is for gold. I don't see him landing outside of the podium TBH.

As for Silver, then it would have to be someone from the back.....if it has to be anyone, I would bet my money on Yuzuru. He usually goes pretty well in the LP.

Bronze - Joubert. Please no Florent...

Bronze is reserved for either Joubert/Amodio, French skaters ala Pechalat Inflation
    but what happened to my baby Yuzuru ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Bronze is reserved for either Joubert/Amodio, French skaters ala Pechalat Inflation
    but what happened to my baby Yuzuru ?
    He singled the lutz. I hope he comes back strong tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Viktor Pfeifer is officially my hero! What a sexy pair of legs on a fine, good looking guy and what a beautiful skate for him. Love his artistry, body lines, and humor!

Custom Title
    Has anyone seen the protocols? Just watched CBC's broadcast and Patrick was off balance on his one foot ss and put a foot down. So he wouldnt get level 4 for that. I'm probably stating something that everybody already knows lol.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    Has anyone seen the protocols? Just watched CBC's broadcast and Patrick was off balance on his one foot ss and put a foot down. So he wouldnt get level 4 for that. I'm probably stating something that everybody already knows lol.
    Yet he still scored 89? amazing...I haven't watched his SP yet...but I hope it's good.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    No, He was punished for the mistake. He only got level 3.

Custom Title
    For the kind of skaters they are Kozuka did much worse than Gachinski! Should Kozuka leave Sato?

For some bizarre reason Gachinski take off of his quad toe was so slanted that he had to double it! But it may be a problem with the way the SP is that he has a loop as his individual jump and it is rare for anyone to do a triple loop double or triple toe. So Gachinski felt he had to tack on the double toe to his double toe and then continue with his 3A and 3loop. Maybe if if he was doing a lutz-toe combo in the SP. He does lutz-toes in the LPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    No, he's going up for a handstand (base value 5.2)

Custom Title
    Does anyone think Japan may lose it's three spots with Kozuka ending up in 13 after the short? I wonder if that added thought will put too much pressure on Hanyu, since it's probably up to him and Takahashi now.

Patrick Chan (unisports ver)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Ovhc7norU

Michael Brezina (unisports)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHGQq...feature=relmfu

Takahashi (uni)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD-QS...feature=relmfu

Abbott (uni)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SbaC...feature=relmfu

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    ^ He is a great athlete but just to point out that many skaters did the same today, adding the combo elsewhere.

Arthur says on his fb page that he doesnt intend to leave Mishin because of a disaster, and he takes the blame on him
    [FONT=HelveticaNeue]it was my fault. Not mishin fault. I'm weak[/FONT]
    Good morning. After waking up and logging on to GS, I am (not) surprised to lengthy squabbling whilst I was sleeping.

Ah ... I am beginning to like Gashinki, Seniorita simply because I do believe if we keep blaming others for our failures, we will never improve. (I have no opinion whether Mishin is a good coach.. not my forte to comment). He is still young. He has time to improve. If he is hungry enough, he will get there.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 03-30-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast