LADIES FREE Skate | Page 39 | Golden Skate

LADIES FREE Skate

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why are people considered haters when they only talk about what happened right infront of our eyes? The girl bombed, not just a couple mistakes, but she bombed, and did it for the 2nd competition in a row. There is nothing to praise in Alyssa's performance today.

Not only that, but didn't Rachael get slammed last year? And she skated better than Alissa. Don't get the double standard.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for Carolina (finally, right?) and Akiko!

Has Italy ever had three spots for Worlds before?

lavender

Record Breaker
I am the biggest Akiko fan and I also agree she earned that silver.
Alena just earned enough points thanks to her SP and the block voting.

1. Carolina Kostner
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Ashley Wagner for me

That would have been the correct podium if Akiko and Ashley weren't low balled and Alena's over-scored pcs didn't exist.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow the Ladies field has to be really weak that Makarova skates as badly as she did with that crappy LP and still finishes in the top ten.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Well next year will probably very different with the junior girls coming up from Russia and US (Gracie). Who knows if Alena will even make it to next years worlds. I don't expect Alissa to be there.

There's really no one on the mens side that's ready for the podium but maybe Weir and lysacek will be there.

LOL at Weir, if he comes back he has about a 10% chance to make the U.S World team, and if he does make it there he wont be anywhere near a medal. Maybe around where Rippon finished here if he is lucky (PS- Rippon is quite unlikely to make the U.S World team next year too).

Evan, well we will see. I think his rumored comeback is a publicity stunt personally and no way he medals if the skating is like we saw in the mens event earlier. Takahashi would have blown any version of Evan out of the water with his LP here and still came only 3rd in the LP.

Becki

Medalist
LOL at Weir, if he comes back he has about a 10% chance to make the U.S World team, and if he does make it there he wont be anywhere near am edal.

Evan, well we will see. I think his rumored comeback is a publicity stunt personally and no way in hell he medals if the skating is like we saw in the mens event earlier. Takahashi would have blown the snot out of Evan with his LP here and still came only 3rd in the LP.

LOL if Evan returns with no quad, he'll be lucky to be in the top 10 :p

aftertherain

Record Breaker
LOL at Weir, if he comes back he has about a 10% chance to make the U.S World team, and if he does make it there he wont be anywhere near am edal.

Evan, well we will see. I think his rumored comeback is a publicity stunt personally and no way in hell he medals if the skating is like we saw in the mens event earlier. Takahashi would have blown the snot out of Evan with his LP here and still came only 3rd in the LP.

Weir had a quad-triple-double at one point, that's more than Even ever had in terms of quad combos.

Well, ya never know!

Unpredictable, like these World Championships. *shrugs*

lavender

Record Breaker
Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
we wont be seeing Makarova again, her purpse is done, to keep 3 spot for Russia
next Worlds it will be Alena, Tuktamisheva and Adelina

We may not see Alena in 2 years once the world junior champ is eligible. Plus there's so many other good skaters coming out of Russia.

icefan1005

Rinkside
I almost forgot about this! Well, it's okay. It's been Japan and Korea for the past 5 years? Next year, it will probably be Japan again :p

I sure hope so! What a great Worlds for Japan though, and all of their ladies are in the top 10.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is "It's raining men" the only song the french own? :laugh:

Last edited:

Becki

Medalist
Leonova doesn't look all that happy on the podium. Looks like she gonna cry. Cheer up girl.

Oh common...she was lucky to be on the podium. Had it been another year, she would be crying of joy to be up there. Next year will be interesting, please come back Miki Ando ;P

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
We may not see Alena in 2 years once the world junior champ is eligible. Plus there's so many other good skaters coming out of Russia.

I dont think Alena will be kicked to the curb so easily. She can definitely still compete with all of Sotnikova, Elizaveta, and Lipnitskaya at this point. Unless all 3 improve alot and are very consistent she will atleast still be in the fight. The Russians arent just going to dump someone who was 2nd in the World two years from the Olympics .

lilshorty

On the Ice
Well, 2 out of my 3 favorites for the podium made it--Carolina and Akiko. I wish Mao would have been on the podium, but oh well. There's always next season!

Question: Is this the first time an Italian has won a world gold medal in ladies singles?